+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR - October-November-December 2016 Applicants

fahad911

Feb 11, 2012
Hi, fahad911,
I think you have been treated fairly by the Government of Alberta. Here are several reasons:
1.There is no explicit rules stated that self employed is not allowed by the AINP-SRS-PGWP when you applied it, not on the application forms, not on their website, and not on the AINP Terms & Conditions. They are now telling you self employed is not okay, why don't they tell you that you don't have a million dollar is not okay either?
2. On the nomination letter, it specifically states that there are no restrictions on employment, and this is a stream of "Worker without job offer", There is no employment restriction on the nominee, which means that it is not reasonable to invalidate your nomination because employment issues.
3. The requirement of SRS-PGWP is "Be working full-time in Alberta, at the time of application, for an Alberta employer." You were working full time for an Alberta employer until you got the nomination. You fully satisfy with this requirement.
4. Economically unstable is determined by CIC which is a criteria to see if you are elgible for the permanent residence, not by AINP, AINP has already determined you are economically stable when issued the nomination to you. And nomination can be cancelled if you are not meeting the nomination requirement anymore. However, you are still residing in this province, was full time working for an Alberta employer at the time you applied for nomination so you are meeting the nomination requirement.
I would suggest you communicate with the person who revoke your nomination, preferably in email, asking if there is an appeal process available. If there is not, you can do either or both:
1. File a complaint to the Alberta Ombudsmen, https://www.ombudsman.ab.ca/
2. File a law suit against the Government of Alberta,.
I don't think we should be afraid, Canada is a country ruled by laws and fairness, as an applicant, you have agreed that you would be able to and intend to reside in alberta, agreed to worked full time for a alberta employer at the time of application, you have agreed a lot of things, and you did that, but you have not agreed that you could not be self employed while after you got your nomination.
If you failed, which means that we assume this country wrong, then I dont think it's that worthy to stay here that much as we thought it would be.
Please keep me posted.
Hello,
Thank you very much for your detailed message. i really appreciate your message and words for me. they really mean for me at this time.
i have been talking to my friends about this and they have also suggested me to talk to AINP officer who made this decision. thats what i will be doing tomorrow. Now i am think to close my business and look for another job.
THey have also stated in the letter that there is no appeal process and the decison made is final period.
i will be talking to MLA and MPA tomorrow and will try to talk to the AINP Officer.
Seriously i thought working in alberta.. doing my own business will help the economy of alberta rather than working for someone. i could employee someone in future if my business would grow which means i will be create job oppertunity even if i employee just one person.
but anyways....... sine your message really meant to me i would like to let u know i worked with the government of alberta for 11 months as n internal auditor. it was a contract based job which ended in march 2017. after that i planned to start the business so i registered my business the the same month..
For sure i will keep you posted and everybody here so it helps everyone in the end by my experince.
Thank you
Fahad

caiym21

Nov 21, 2017
Hello,
Thank you very much for your detailed message. i really appreciate your message and words for me. they really mean for me at this time.
i have been talking to my friends about this and they have also suggested me to talk to AINP officer who made this decision. thats what i will be doing tomorrow. Now i am think to close my business and look for another job.
THey have also stated in the letter that there is no appeal process and the decison made is final period.
i will be talking to MLA and MPA tomorrow and will try to talk to the AINP Officer.
Seriously i thought working in alberta.. doing my own business will help the economy of alberta rather than working for someone. i could employee someone in future if my business would grow which means i will be create job oppertunity even if i employee just one person.
but anyways....... sine your message really meant to me i would like to let u know i worked with the government of alberta for 11 months as n internal auditor. it was a contract based job which ended in march 2017. after that i planned to start the business so i registered my business the the same month..
For sure i will keep you posted and everybody here so it helps everyone in the end by my experince.
Thank you
Fahad
If there is no appeal process, I think there is a substantial problem in the procedural fairness, you might wanna talk to the Alberta Ombudsmen or a lawyer right away,.
Even though CIC sucks, at least CIC has procedural fairness letter, has judicial review, has appeal board.
Just my thoughts, it's not fair to "hide" some bullshit protocols and now jump out to say "oh, actually this is not okay". This is not right.
Wish you best luck and keep me posted.

qweasd123

Nov 19, 2017
Hello,
Thank you
Fahad
Please update us

Reactions: fahad911

Phil4:13

Jun 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats! are you inland or outland applicant?
Im an outland MPNP Paper based applicant. VO is Manila.

Here is the update of my application.

CIC Stage
CIC Received - October 19, 2016
AOR - Jan. 5, 2017
MR & RPRF Req - Jan. 25, 2017
Medical Done - Feb. 10, 2017 (Me & kids)
- Feb 21-23 Sputum Collection (spouse)
- May 11, 2017 Second Xray (spouse)
- Aug. 14, 2017 3rd X-ray done (spouse)
Additional Reqts - July 17, 2017
Medical Received - August 31, 2017
Decision Made -October 18, 2017 am

PPR -October 18, 2017 pm

Passport submitted – Oct. 26, 2017

Visa on Hand - Nov. 3, 2017

#baig

Nov 21, 2017
1) i left my job on march 2017 and went back home on april 2017 came back july 2017 and i have been working as a self employed since then.
2) first ainp issued on may 2016 and then extension issued dec 2016 ainp expiring on may 2017
3) they send me a decision letter today in the eamil explaining that due to not having a job and being self employed they think i am not economically stable. They stated they have revocked my ainp and notified to cic.
Hi Fahad,
I am sorry for the late reply but I read your reply and some others as well.
According to my understanding, None of the Province can cancel anyone's PNP just because the applicant stopped working for a while and did not get a new job or went to self employment. This has never been the case in any of the provinces, if something happens like this they must have to give the applicant enough time to provide some Justification and even if still the applicant is not able to provide the satisfactory information, they are still bonded to give a warning to the applicant with mentioning that you are required to be under employment with the Concerned Province Employer and If you will stay unemployed which in your case, not because you are self employed but still than we will revoke your Nomination. But in your case, they did not even give you a week and they already have cancelled your nomination which is totally an Unfair decision and none of the Government Dept. can make a decision without hearing from the suspect or the applicant. I have friends who stayed completely Unemployed after getting their nomination for almost an year and no one have ever contacted them and they are already in the final process at this stage. But, in your case, your Province just did not play fair with you at all because you are still living in the same province, building their economy by paying taxes on everything, and most importantly you have opened a business in the same province which gives an indication of your strong intention o that province, so basically you are definitely economically stable to that province as you are not staying on EI or asking their Govt. for any financial help because you're Unemployed? You are just a perfect candidate for that province regarding to their Economy.
Whoever, took that decision, that person has no Idea what the hell he/she is doing even though if your are required to be under Employment by an Employer they still did not take the right decision as most of them don't know hoe to perform their duties because once someone gets into a post like this they think they can do whatever they want without even following the Protocols.
But anyways, You're still in Stable condition and I must suggest you to take further steps ASAP.
1) You must talk to your MP,Premier and Mayor and bring this to their attention.
2) File a Lawsuit against AINP.
3) File a Lawsuit against the Government of your Province.
4) Hire a reputable Lawyer if you can afford,
5) Talk to the Local Media and take them to the AINP office if you can,
6) Email to the Honorable Prime Minister and bring it to his attention
7) Go to the Liberals party of Alberta and talk to them because even if you can get the support of only one of them your case will be strong through media.
8) Ombudsman.
9) When you go to AINP office talk to their head or supervisor or someone who has the authority.
10) Most Importantly, Contact CiC and Let them know that your case is under review with your province so that they don't cancel your application as they are already so bad in cases like these.
Hopefully, this will help you and I am praying for you that you get your PR with this same PNP and everything goes well.
Good Luck bro.
Thanks and please keep us posted.

Reactions: fahad911

fahad911

Feb 11, 2012
Hi Fahad,
I am sorry for the late reply but I read your reply and some others as well.
According to my understanding, None of the Province can cancel anyone's PNP just because the applicant stopped working for a while and did not get a new job or went to self employment. This has never been the case in any of the provinces, if something happens like this they must have to give the applicant enough time to provide some Justification and even if still the applicant is not able to provide the satisfactory information, they are still bonded to give a warning to the applicant with mentioning that you are required to be under employment with the Concerned Province Employer and If you will stay unemployed which in your case, not because you are self employed but still than we will revoke your Nomination. But in your case, they did not even give you a week and they already have cancelled your nomination which is totally an Unfair decision and none of the Government Dept. can make a decision without hearing from the suspect or the applicant. I have friends who stayed completely Unemployed after getting their nomination for almost an year and no one have ever contacted them and they are already in the final process at this stage. But, in your case, your Province just did not play fair with you at all because you are still living in the same province, building their economy by paying taxes on everything, and most importantly you have opened a business in the same province which gives an indication of your strong intention o that province, so basically you are definitely economically stable to that province as you are not staying on EI or asking their Govt. for any financial help because you're Unemployed? You are just a perfect candidate for that province regarding to their Economy.
Whoever, took that decision, that person has no Idea what the hell he/she is doing even though if your are required to be under Employment by an Employer they still did not take the right decision as most of them don't know hoe to perform their duties because once someone gets into a post like this they think they can do whatever they want without even following the Protocols.
But anyways, You're still in Stable condition and I must suggest you to take further steps ASAP.
1) You must talk to your MP,Premier and Mayor and bring this to their attention.
2) File a Lawsuit against AINP.
3) File a Lawsuit against the Government of your Province.
4) Hire a reputable Lawyer if you can afford,
5) Talk to the Local Media and take them to the AINP office if you can,
6) Email to the Honorable Prime Minister and bring it to his attention
7) Go to the Liberals party of Alberta and talk to them because even if you can get the support of only one of them your case will be strong through media.
8) Ombudsman.
9) When you go to AINP office talk to their head or supervisor or someone who has the authority.
10) Most Importantly, Contact CiC and Let them know that your case is under review with your province so that they don't cancel your application as they are already so bad in cases like these.
Hopefully, this will help you and I am praying for you that you get your PR with this same PNP and everything goes well.
Good Luck bro.
Thanks and please keep us posted.
I called AINP today and talked to program officer. i explained her everything but she kept on saying just one thing
you have to have a job until you get you PR card. if you didnot know about self employed you should have called AINP front desk and ask her about it. this was your responsibility. now that we have withdrawn the application there is absolutly no chance to change it. you can reapply

Thats what she kept saying.

qweasd123

Nov 19, 2017
I called AINP today and talked to program officer. i explained her everything but she kept on saying just one thing
you have to have a job until you get you PR card. if you didnot know about self employed you should have called AINP front desk and ask her about it. this was your responsibility. now that we have withdrawn the application there is absolutly no chance to change it. you can reapply

Did program officer say anything about SRS-PGW stream that you can work in any employer ?
which I mean that you must have a job , doesn't matter who the employer or NOC

Last edited:

sasha18

Jun 13, 2009
Alberta
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
30Oct2016
Nomination.....
05may2016
AOR Received.
30dec2016
how did they know you where self employed

caiym21

Nov 21, 2017

Hi fahad911,
You can go ahead to print out the AINP SRS PGWP webpage which has all the requirements, the AINP Terms & Conditions, and your nomination letter. And go see a administrative proceedings lawyer.
It's not up to what a person said, it's up to what the laws and rules said.

Ashare

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
BC PNP and PR timeline

May 2nd - submitted registration for BC PNP
June 2nd - ITA
June 8th - submitted application for BC PNP under Entry-level and semi-skilled category
August 19th - nomination received
October 7th - paper-based PR application received by Nova Scotia office

Waiting for file number and medical!

Good luck everyone!
Congratulations !

Can you please share your updates
Thanks

Reactions: yelenah

lakho84

Star Member
Jun 25, 2016
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-10-2016
Nomination.....
15-03-2017
AOR Received.
13-06-2017
File Transfer...
29-06-2017
Med's Request
waiting
File transfer in June 2017 at NDVO and still waiting for MR. Anybody with me on the same boat?

rickeywr

Dec 11, 2013
Yes its from ainp
Because she is the same person who did send me the ainp extension letter
What’s the officer’s name? Sorry for your experience, you have three options right now: 1. Apply ee 2. Find a new employee and reapply ainp 3. Find a lawyer against Ainp program to reopen your application.