+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR IN-LAND PAPER-BASED APPLICANTS 2017- Let's Connect Here

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018
Usually, there's a ghost update, indicated that someone's updating/working on your application. You should check your application status daily on your GCKey, there will be a "Application Updated" on your application but when you click on it, nothing's there and your application status goes back to "Submitted". And also, your ECAS will be added 1 duplicate/additional line

My ghost update was on March 27, I called IRCC the next day, they told me that my security was passed, then approx 1 month later (April 24),I got PPR
thanks for the detailed explanation, I am pretty sure some people will benefit from the thoughtful answer . however, could you say more about the extra line on ECAS please, what does it say?

Reactions: Bade2145

calebo

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
thanks for the detailed explanation, I am pretty sure some people will benefit from the thoughtful answer . however, could you say more about the extra line on ECAS please, what does it say?
Take a look at my ECAS below

1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 16, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 11, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on December 11, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on April 11, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you medical instructions on April 11, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. We sent you correspondence on May 9, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  7. Medical results have been received.

The additional line was line 5, and it's kind of similar to line 4. It was never there until I got ghost update. So that's how an additional line looks like

mitchcrease

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 11, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on April 11, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you medical instructions on April 11, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  6. We sent you correspondence on May 9, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

The additional line was line 5, and it's kind of similar to line 4. It was never there until I got ghost update. So that's how an additional line looks like
I had a ghost update in gckey and in ecas I have the 'we sent you medical instructions...' line but I only have 6 lines because I don't have your number 6.

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018

thanks. I only have five lines in my ECAS, and nothing changed after I got my ghost update .

calebo

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
I had a ghost update in gckey and in ecas I have the 'we sent you medical instructions...' line but I only have 6 lines because I don't have your number 6.
That's normal as they only sent you 1 request, I guess that's your Medical request
I got 2 requests from IRCC, Medical request and Police Certificate request from another country

obionekenobi

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
Thanks. When last did you get an update?
And do you have dependants? My last updates was sept and I have 3 dependants. Wife and two kids. I am worried applicants with dependants usually gets delayed than single applicants (not sure though). Just noticed that most applicants who gets PPR earlier are usually single, well among other reasons unknown to us.

My last update was medical exam on May 15th 2018. After that nothing happened. Yes I am suppose my wife is main applicant. I have an immigration consultant and she said that I have to wait until official processing time end. It was May 20th but now June 20th because they increased processing time. I hope we can get it soon, because our medical exam will expire on May 24th.

I will keep post about my case, let's keep in touch. And good luck all of us. We are on same board.

Bade2145

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
My last update was medical exam on May 15th 2018. After that nothing happened. Yes I am suppose my wife is main applicant. I have an immigration consultant and she said that I have to wait until official processing time end. It was May 20th but now June 20th because they increased processing time. I hope we can get it soon, because our medical exam will expire on May 24th.

I will keep post about my case, let's keep in touch. And good luck all of us. We are on same board.

Thank you for the response. I shall endeavour to kee in touch too. Best wishes to us all and hopefully we get some positive updates before June.

Reactions: obionekenobi

Maankaur

Jun 12, 2018

1. We received your application for permanent residence on November 27, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 25, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on January 25, 2018.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on May 7, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Medical results have been received.
  6. We sent you correspondence on June 28, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
This is the last update i have . I have one dependent .
Called CIC in morning still lsaying back ground check ...:(

Karen P

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
Usually, there's a ghost update, indicated that someone's updating/working on your application. You should check your application status daily on your GCKey, there will be a "Application Updated" on your application but when you click on it, nothing's there and your application status goes back to "Submitted". And also, your ECAS will be added 1 duplicate/additional line

My ghost update was on March 27, I called IRCC the next day, they told me that my security was passed, then approx 1 month later (April 24),I got PPR
Oh, okay. Good to know. I am logging into my account to see if there is an update but so far nothing:(
Thanks a lot for the information.

Karen P

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
I think Security check is the most time-consuming process. My application passed most of the criteria in June 2018 (Background, Medical, etc.) and the only thing left was Security, which was completed in March 27 2019

And another frustrated thing is that when you call IRCC, even though they're working on your Security check, they still let you know as it's Not Started.
Oh no... so even though is was done on march 27th, you did not get ppr yet?

Karen P

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
My MP said. And then he asked them again in March and still processing…. !!!!!!????? They don't tell anything else. No update. Nothing.
It is extra frustrating when you are waiting for something you want so badly for this long and there is no information given that can explain the delay. I have seen people saying that their security check took 2 weeks. I do not know the difference between that person and us but there should be a convincing explanation to let us understand why someone’s application is taking barely over a year or less and why ours is taking this long. It is frustrating for all of us but I am thankful that there are people like you guys, kind and understanding to support and cheer up each other.

Reactions: PAINKILLER28