+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR IN-LAND PAPER-BASED APPLICANTS 2017- Let's Connect Here

Bade2145

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Congratulations to all those who have recently got their DM/PPR.

I am October 23, 2017.
No uupdates since sept 2018.
No updates on Ecas

Any October 2017 here still waiting too or got any recent updates?

Reactions: KKK.f

Bade2145

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Oct 20 2017, still waiting.

Thanks. When last did you get an update?
And do you have dependants? My last updates was sept and I have 3 dependants. Wife and two kids. I am worried applicants with dependants usually gets delayed than single applicants (not sure though). Just noticed that most applicants who gets PPR earlier are usually single, well among other reasons unknown to us.

Karen P

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
For those who already got their PPR, did you guys get a ghost update or additional line on ecas before getting ppr? Is there anyone who did not get a ghost update and suddenly got ppr or dm?

Karen P

Star Member
Mar 16, 2019
I read somewhere that security check can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 month. Is there anyone whose security check took more than a couple of months?

calebo

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
For those who already got their PPR, did you guys get a ghost update or additional line on ecas before getting ppr? Is there anyone who did not get a ghost update and suddenly got ppr or dm?
Usually, there's a ghost update, indicated that someone's updating/working on your application. You should check your application status daily on your GCKey, there will be a "Application Updated" on your application but when you click on it, nothing's there and your application status goes back to "Submitted". And also, your ECAS will be added 1 duplicate/additional line

My ghost update was on March 27, I called IRCC the next day, they told me that my security was passed, then approx 1 month later (April 24),I got PPR

Reactions: Bade2145

calebo

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
I read somewhere that security check can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 month. Is there anyone whose security check took more than a couple of months?
I think Security check is the most time-consuming process. My application passed most of the criteria in June 2018 (Background, Medical, etc.) and the only thing left was Security, which was completed in March 27 2019

And another frustrated thing is that when you call IRCC, even though they're working on your Security check, they still let you know as it's Not Started.