+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PNP PR application December 2014 applicant

hussy74

Dec 15, 2014
rkapoor123 said:
Could you provide information as to why your BOWP was refused.. I will soon be applying for BOWP and any tips would be helpful
They changed the rules and applied those new rules while deciding my BOWP. New rules state that you should have received positive eligibility assessment and AOR. When I applied in Aug 20, they either required AOR or positive eligibility.

rkapoor123

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
Doc's Request.
07-05-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
15-05-2015
hussy74 said:
They changed the rules and applied those new rules while deciding my BOWP. New rules state that you should have received positive eligibility assessment and AOR. When I applied in Aug 20, they either required AOR or positive eligibility.
Thanks for your message.. One quick question.. When you applied for BOWP, did it have your current employers name on it? I know few of my friends who received closed wp even though they were eligibile for open work permit...

Bincanada

May 19, 2015
rkapoor123 said:
Thanks for your message.. One quick question.. When you applied for BOWP, did it have your current employers name on it? I know few of my friends who received closed wp even though they were eligibile for open work permit...
When you apply for a work permit as an approved PNP candidate who has a federal application in process, I have found that the officers are both confused and unsure about what to do. I don't know this from personal experience, but rather experience others have had at the border. An immigration consultant I'm friends with has provided me with people to ask experiences of, and I've heard everything in the book.

What is clear is that officers are confused both by the constant change in CIC policy set by those at the top combined with an unequal application of rules and law on their own behalf. Immigration officers at the border you deal with have a bit of power on their own accord and they often make decisions just on personal bias and preference.

In other words, its honestly a freak show when it comes to this. Every PNP applicant that is pre-approved with a PNP application in process at the federal level should receive open work permits that are worth several years. There's no need to put us through the hassle that people without pre-approval and PNP nominations go through as beginner applicants. When we arrive at the border we should be provided one quickly and without many questions once our federal application is reviewed and once the PNP nomination is recognized. It doesn't happen with most people, but it does with some the way it should be.

But this is something I doubt will ever change. You're talking about a department that hands out rule changes so frequently it takes a lawyer to understand - something no border immigration agent is - and the desire for border agents to do their own thing. Between the two, you'll never get consistency.

hussy74

Dec 15, 2014
rkapoor123 said:
It states in the instructions that you should select to apply for an "Open Work Permit" when you apply for BOWP. No employer name is needed on the application form when you apply for BOWP. You should also attach a cover letter clearly mentioning that you are applying for a BOWP. Your friends would have included the name of their employer in their application. Instructions state that if type of application is unclear, officer shall decide and issue a closed wp.

Bincanada

May 19, 2015
hussy74 said:
It states in the instructions that you should select to apply for an "Open Work Permit" when you apply for BOWP. No employer name is needed on the application form when you apply for BOWP. You should also attach a cover letter clearly mentioning that you are applying for a BOWP. Your friends would have included the name of their employer in their application. Instructions state that if type of application is unclear, officer shall decide and issue a closed wp.
Do you by chance have an instruction link, is this on the CIC web site or a pdf from CIC?

hussy74

Dec 15, 2014
Bincanada said:
Do you by chance have an instruction link, is this on the CIC web site or a pdf from CIC?
There you go:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

hussy74

Dec 15, 2014
Bincanada said:
Text:

BOWP issuance
Applicants must submit an Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker form [IMM 5710 (PDF, 449.75 KB)] indicating that they are applying for an open work permit.

Work permit applications are processed as per information provided by the foreign national. The response to “What type of work permit are you applying for?” must be “Open work permit” to meet the eligibility requirements. Officers will ensure the applicants meet the eligibility requirements, regardless of whether an employer’s name is mentioned.

Reza2121

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Guys,
I am so stress full now. I am September 29 applicant.
I am IP from June 25! they asked for more documents on July 20 and ECAS changed to 6 line on October.

I have the work permit and visa valid till January 11, 2016 and I want to apply for BOWP.

As a PNP PR applicant that I am working with the same employer, do I need the labor market impact assessment (LIMA) or any other form from my employer?
Thanks

rkapoor123

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2014
Doc's Request.
07-05-2015
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
15-05-2015
Reza2121 said:
Guys,
I am IP from June 25! they asked for more documents on July 20 and ECAS changed to 6 line on October.

I have the work permit and visa valid till January 11, 2016 and I want to apply for BOWP.

As a PNP PR applicant that I am working with the same employer, do I need the labor market impact assessment (LIMA) or any other form from my employer?
Thanks
Does your PNP certificate state employers name? Check the eligibility of BOWP on CIC's Website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp

BTW Did you request GCMS notes?

VSw

Jul 18, 2014
Reza2121 said:
Guys,

Thanks
I believe you have passed eligibility in GCMS notes; that's why they have asked for additional documents. You don't need the LIMA for BOWP. Just check there is "No" in front of "Restriction on Employment". If that is so, you are eligible for BOWP. Definitely apply before your previous permit expires. If you apply before the expiry, you will go on implied status while your BOWP application is being processed; meaning you can work as usual until the decision is made. In the worst case, if the BOWP application gets rejected, it will take 4 months and by then you should be done with your PR.

Since you don't have much time, do not go to the border for BOWP. You risk not being allowed re-entry in the country.

Check both of these links:

hussy74

Dec 15, 2014
VSw said:
I believe you have passed eligibility in GCMS notes; that's why they have asked for additional documents. You don't need the LIMA for BOWP. Just check there is "No" in front of "Restriction on Employment". If that is so, you are eligible for BOWP. Definitely apply before your previous permit expires. If you apply before the expiry, you will go on implied status while your BOWP application is being processed; meaning you can work as usual until the decision is made. In the worst case, if the BOWP application gets rejected, it will take 4 months and by then you should be done with your PR.

Since you don't have much time, do not go to the border for BOWP. You risk not being allowed re-entry in the country.

Agree to all this information 100%. you summed it all up very well.

Reza2121

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
VSw said:

Thank you for the detailed reply. I ordered the GCMS note on October and all the eligibility , medical and criminality are passed. Also there is no restriction in my Ontario nominee certificate.
I am going to apply for the BOWP. Do you know that in the form I should named my current employer or I should leave it blank? As it is open work permit and they may confuse if I put the name of the employer.

Thanks

greenlemon

Star Member
Mar 13, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December15 2014
AOR Received.
April 15 2015
Med's Request
May 1 2015
Med's Done....
May 15 2015
Passport Req..
In God's time
merry Christmas everyone! I know we all have a common wish... keeping the faith we will get it in God's time... don't stop believing!

kaladhar

May 25, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Category........
LANDED..........
Feb 3, 2016
greenlemon said:
merry Christmas everyone! I know we all have a common wish... keeping the faith we will get it in God's time... don't stop believing!
Thats the spirit, Greenlemon. Thank you for your wishes!
Wishing all of you a very Merry Christmas and a Brilliant New Year 2016!

Cheers & Hugs
KB