+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

************PNP Outland Candidates - AOR - AUG 2021**************

bek!nd

Jan 9, 2022
I think by April/May this year. Reasons:

1. The mandate letter explicitly states to reduce the backlogs. The last time there was something this official (i.e. memo stating focus on inlanders), the government really took it seriously (i.e. CEC megadraw, incredible processing speeds for CEC applications, TR to PR etc.)

2. As is known, the government will not do any CEC nor FSW draws until they get a better grasp on the backlogs. By not doing draws (especially CEC draws), this is creating a tremendous amount of pressure as there are thousands who might lose their status while in Canada. So, there is the urgency to restart draws asap.

3. In looking at the latest numbers, there were about 120K people from the economic class as per December 15, 2021 (CEC + FSW + PNP). I forgot the average amount of people in each application but to be conservative, divide this number by 2 (amount of people in each application) which gives us 60K applications.
a. Using IRCC's own numbers, they processed about 15K applications towards the latter half of 2021 each month.
b. We also know that the government is allocating 85 million towards immigration
c. So, its safe to say that the number of applications being processed will be greater than 15K.
d. Assuming then that they'd be able to process 20K applications a month (which is quite do-able), you're looking at 3 months to clear the entire backlog which comes to around March but to be conservative, expect in April/May.
Thanks. Was looking for some thoughts like these only. I completely understand the unpredictability aspect of the process but looking at how things are moving, I am personally aiming for March / April. IRCC / CIC are on to it and you can see that haste.

Also, just a thought - last year in March my PNP nomination came and after submitting it in March end, we go the whole OINP file processed within 2 months which is not bad for the COVID wave #2 times. Things will move fast for sure :)

Reactions: sun2088

getmetocanada101

Star Member
Jul 29, 2021
Thanks. Was looking for some thoughts like these only. I completely understand the unpredictability aspect of the process but looking at how things are moving, I am personally aiming for March / April. IRCC / CIC are on to it and you can see that haste.

Also, just a thought - last year in March my PNP nomination came and after submitting it in March end, we go the whole OINP file processed within 2 months which is not bad for the COVID wave #2 times. Things will move fast for sure :)
Yeah! My OINP processing took two weeks from NOI to nomination :)

getmetocanada101

Star Member
Jul 29, 2021
Just had some clarity. My eligibility and security hasn't started yet, actually. Which is different to what I was told before about both pending decision from officer. My info sharing is in progress though. One step forward, two steps back!

Mikefemise

Star Member
Jul 18, 2021
Just had some clarity. My eligibility and security hasn't started yet, actually. Which is different to what I was told before about both pending decision from officer. My info sharing is in progress though. One step forward, two steps back!
how did you get this information; GCMS notes? And how long did your GCMS take?

Jul 21, 2021
Hello everybody. Looking at the timing discussion I recently spoke with mi immigration consultant and she believes May/June is very likely.
As background, AOR August 17th, biometrics requested December 13th and submitted December 20th. An additional police record for Colombia was requested (for this country IRCC has to solicit it after AOR for some reason).
Considering IRCC is working on clearing backlog and our applications started moving in December means they reached us, so another 5-6 months sounds very reasonable. Good luck to all

Reactions: getmetocanada101

bek!nd

Jan 9, 2022
Anyone Aug AOR receiving Eligibility Passed via a ghost update? Saw someone Aug 7th getting it with only security to go.
I’ve had nothing after my December 16th Medical passed update.

@Everyone, just a thought. Since FSW outland draws stopped happening after December 2020 and CEC Processing is at April 2021 already, Dont you think the PNP processing will happen quicker as gradually they will put more resources to process PNP outland applications? Even CEC draws are not happening and eventually they will be left with only a few CEC and whole lot of PNPs to process.What say?

Last edited:

getmetocanada101

Star Member
Jul 29, 2021
I’ve had nothing after my December 16th Medical passed update.

@Everyone, just a thought. Since FSW outland draws stopped happening after December 2020 and CEC Processing is at April 2021 already, Dont you think the PNP processing will happen quicker as gradually they will put more resources to process PNP outland applications? Even CEC draws are not happening and eventually they will be left with only a fee CEC and whole lot of PNPs to process.What say?
Same MEP as me. Yes, hoping for Feb/Mar PPR

Reactions: bek!nd