+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please I need help,my work permit application has been refused!

dben

Star Member
May 29, 2009
I am a Canadian married to a Filipina. My wife's brother applied for a visitors visa AKA Temporary Foreign Resident and was refused twice. He has an excellent job as a salesman with Spandex Corp and lots of money in the bank. I wrote an invitiation letter showing proof of giving adequate lodging, transportation to and from airport to home, health care insurance, etc and he showed his bank account, investments and credit card history to no avail. I then went to my MP and the secretary there said she would try to help by contacting the Immigration Minister. That was only two weeks ago. The secretary also told me the following:
High profile references from Doctors, Lawyers, Mayors or Government Officials, religious Leaders who can state from their personal knowledge of the applicant that they have every reason to believe that the applicant will abide by the terms and conditions of the VISA requirements and return home at the end of the permitted time.

blestcheche

Feb 17, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i got refused again the 2nd time..

what should i do?

i am applying as a housekeeper in canada. my employer wants me to re-apply.. and she is willing to sponsor my BC PNP.. what are the documents or the steps that I should take?

would a letter of intent to sponsor me suffices? i understand that housekeepers in BC can only apply or be sponsored for BC PNP after 9 months of service.

please help me.. BCguy help me

MeMei

Jun 3, 2012
BCguy said:
hi BCguy, I appreciate your answer. I would like to ask if how often an applicant can reapply for a work permit? How long will I wait before I can reapply? Just incase I would reapply, will the previous refusal affect my reapplication? Thank you..
Contact me by PM,I will need to ask personal questions to study your case and No limit to how many times you apply because there is also no limit how many times they will REJECT you.There was a Filipina Nurse rejected 5 times before she followed my directions and got in
Hi BC Guy,

I need your advise too. I got refusal June 1st, stating that the VO is not convince that I would leave Canada at the end of my stay due to family ties & limited employment prospects in my country of residence. Just want to know when should I reapply & how should I overcome those rejections for the 2nd time of my application? Your help is highly appreciated. Thanks

MeMei

Jun 3, 2012
jennssy said:
I figured out that being qualified for the Job offered is not an assurance that an applicant will pass the Immigration. In my case, I've had a job offer and an approved LMO. I've had work experience of 1year and 5 monts in a fast food restaurant which I believed is relevant to the job being offered. I'm now positive that it was because of my status that I failed to satisfy the Immigration Officer. It was the only reason indicated as there was no question about my qualifications or other missing documents. I'm not losing hope that my second attempt would be successful. With your help I know I will make it. I'll be coming back to ask more questions. :)
What's an update to your reapplication?

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Sorry to read of those whose work permits have been denied. An important thing to point out after reading the thread is that you can only apply for PNP immediately if your job offer is a SKILLED LEVEL O, A or B job. Some Provinces will let C and D skill levels apply for PNP after working 6 to 9 months or longer. Sometimes it depends on the actual NOC code. Read the specifications for the Province in which you are being offered work. Good Luck all.

MeMei

Jun 3, 2012
blestcheche said:
i got refused again the 2nd time..

what should i do?

i am applying as a housekeeper in canada. my employer wants me to re-apply.. and she is willing to sponsor my BC PNP.. what are the documents or the steps that I should take?

would a letter of intent to sponsor me suffices? i understand that housekeepers in BC can only apply or be sponsored for BC PNP after 9 months of service.

please help me.. BCguy help me
Hi! I read your status & it seems you're already in Canada. How did you overcome your 1st & 2nd refusal. Please share your experience, thanks!

MeMei

Jun 3, 2012
Pippin said:
Sorry to read of those whose work permits have been denied. An important thing to point out after reading the thread is that you can only apply for PNP immediately if your job offer is a SKILLED LEVEL O, A or B job. Some Provinces will let C and D skill levels apply for PNP after working 6 to 9 months or longer. Sometimes it depends on the actual NOC code. Read the specifications for the Province in which you are being offered work. Good Luck all.
How can we apply for PNP if our initial application in Canada has been denied? I never been in Canada. What's the other options here. My NOC code is C. My employer is willing to apply PNP after 6months that we work with her company unfortunately my application is denied. I have multiple US visa but not visa exempt to enter Canada. If I apply single entry to come to Canada is it possible to apply work permit inside Canada? Thanks!

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Memei, sorry for the confusion, my post was a general one as it appeared confusing to those reading if they thought any NOC skill level could immediately apply for PNP. You are completely correct in your post about the employer supporting your application after working for 6 months. I think if you tried to apply for a TRV after being denied the work permit, they would be concerned that you might work illegally and again deny you TRV. If you plan to reapply you will have to find more proof to convince the VO that you won't overstay and that you DO have employment prospects in your own country. Do you have a job there presently? What family and investments (property, bank accounts) can you show? You might also consider going to a good immigration lawyer to help you with writing a cover letter as lawyers have the experience to help you. All the best.

mannual

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got visa on March and it got canceled same month showing following two reasons
1) I AM NOT SATISFIED THAT D EMPLOYER HAS DEMONSTRATED COMPLIANCE W/ FEDERAL OR PROVINCIAL LAWS REGARDING EMPLOYMENT OR RECRUITMENT IN D PROVINCE HERE U WILL B WORKING
2) D INFORMATION U PROVIDED @ UR INTERVIEW DID NOT ALLAY MY CONCERNS THAT U HAVE CONCEALLED AN UNAUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE & THAT U PAID ILLEGAL PLACEMENT FEES TO THIS REPRESENTATIVE.
I understand that I hd link with UAE based agency and I paid placement fees, because agency find me employer in Canada. UAE agency ve another agency in Canada who find me employer .but I never keep in touch between employer and me. As well this Canada agency. Now I saw same employer posting job vacancy in job bank and I forward my cv to this employer mail. Employer surprise and sucked to see my resume and contact me what happen how visa cancelled .and now employer showing interest to me hiring again through direct hire not through agency employer wants to apply LMO for me and sending to me directly now my question is
if I apply work permit with same employer in abudhabi visa office what is the chances to approve work permit ?
But abudhabi VO told me if I apply genuine ill get 1st priority to approve visa
and one more question my visa was already cancelled in system in Canadian border and embassy but in my passport still not cancel .and embassy also not requesting for cancelled what can I do/ I still can apply another application for work permit ?
Some seniors advise me!!!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
How was your visa cancelled without entering Canada?

mannual said:
I got visa on March and it got canceled same month showing following two reasons
1) I AM NOT SATISFIED THAT D EMPLOYER HAS DEMONSTRATED COMPLIANCE W/ FEDERAL OR PROVINCIAL LAWS REGARDING EMPLOYMENT OR RECRUITMENT IN D PROVINCE HERE U WILL B WORKING
2) D INFORMATION U PROVIDED @ UR INTERVIEW DID NOT ALLAY MY CONCERNS THAT U HAVE CONCEALLED AN UNAUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE & THAT U PAID ILLEGAL PLACEMENT FEES TO THIS REPRESENTATIVE.
I understand that I hd link with UAE based agency and I paid placement fees, because agency find me employer in Canada. UAE agency ve another agency in Canada who find me employer .but I never keep in touch between employer and me. As well this Canada agency. Now I saw same employer posting job vacancy in job bank and I forward my cv to this employer mail. Employer surprise and sucked to see my resume and contact me what happen how visa cancelled .and now employer showing interest to me hiring again through direct hire not through agency employer wants to apply LMO for me and sending to me directly now my question is
if I apply work permit with same employer in abudhabi visa office what is the chances to approve work permit ?
But abudhabi VO told me if I apply genuine ill get 1st priority to approve visa
and one more question my visa was already cancelled in system in Canadian border and embassy but in my passport still not cancel .and embassy also not requesting for cancelled what can I do/ I still can apply another application for work permit ?
Some seniors advise me!!!

trixiepineda

Mar 27, 2012
hello bcguy im trixie na refused rin ako last May2012 the reason is hind dw ako bbalik ng pinas after my contract and yrs of work experience.now im planning ro re apply again may be nxt week bcoz i just received my explanation letter from my employer. i have question kc ung hindi ko kc cnama sa application yung old passport ko kc iba yung date ng birthday ko pero my passport is legal its from dfa prang ngkamali lng ng date ng birthday ko i used my 2old passport for almost 7 yrs but now i have my new passport with all the correct info. what u think need ko ba ipasa yung old passport ko but i photicopy all my travel history.. my doubt kc ako bka yun yung isa s dhilan kya nrefused ko ..ngayon ngiisip tlga ako.. at isa pa im planning tu include also my marriage contract and birth cert ng anak ko need ba authenticated or ok lng khit hindi bsta original. at dun s proof of fund i hve an account but my saving is less than 50k u think ok lng yun pls give me advice... thanks guys..

mannual

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
job_seeker said:
How was your visa cancelled without entering Canada?
hi job siker
thats really unbeliavle . all of my relatives friend dont belive .but it happen to me VO called me as well send cancelled papper in my mail as well then they call me for interview .
it was past but now what is chances to get visa?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
If your prospective employer is still willing to hire you after s/he has started the recruitment efforts again and a new LMO is applied in your favour, attach a cover letter explaining what happened. If you paid an agency then let them sign the authorization but if you're doing it yourself this time around indicate so on your cover letter. The officers are just cautious making sure there is a genuine employer/job and not have you land in Canada without a genuine employer. My two cents :)

mannual said:
hi job siker
thats really unbeliavle . all of my relatives friend dont belive .but it happen to me VO called me as well send cancelled papper in my mail as well then they call me for interview .
it was past but now what is chances to get visa?

mannual

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
job_seeker said:
If your prospective employer is still willing to hire you after s/he has started the recruitment efforts again and a new LMO is applied in your favour, attach a cover letter explaining what happened. If you paid an agency then let them sign the authorization but if you're doing it yourself this time around indicate so on your cover letter. The officers are just cautious making sure there is a genuine employer/job and not have you land in Canada without a genuine employer. My two cents :)
sound is good. ive to do covering letter
thank you job_seeker

deepak bhatt

Feb 1, 2013
i applied for work permit for kfc restaurent supervisor canada in india and i am refused by saying that i am suitable for this post as i already worked in canada in tim horton for two year thats why he didnt refuse me by saying that u will not come back after finishing ur work permit but its been ten days of refusal i got the new lmo frm tim horton thats the other tim horton where my frnd is working not the one where i worked now i am confused should i repply with new lmo and new job offer or with kfc job offer and his lmo i am very much confused ..pls help me out what to do .will embassy think that recently he is refused and now he got the seconf lmo ..whats his intensions ..pls let me knww