Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi Mike,

Can you tell me that once your wife moved from Vietnam to Canada on the tourist visa. Did you change your Spousal application from overseas to Inside Canada? What did you do, let me know?

Thank you
If you have already submited your outland PR spousal application you cannot change it unless you withdraw and reapply as inland.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I got Wife's visa rejected based on the following reasons:

Rejction reason (a): I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and
in your country of residence.

Rejction reason (b): I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
For rejection reason (a): I am a Canadian permanent resident and she is working currently as a dentist in a clinic. Her leave for absence was approved from the clinic and she also attached her employment letter. (letter of leave and employment letter should be sufficient to show ties with the country of residence). What to do For rejection reason (a) ????

For rejection reason, b) She applied for 3 months of stay in Canada but didn't give the detailed "purpose of visit" letter. This concern of immigration officer can be resolved by giving a detailed letter of "purpose of visit" letter. If somebody can forward the detailed "purpose of visit" letter?
Also, I think she should apply for 3 weeks of stay only in canada??

Please, put your valuable comments on it.
E-mail ID: jaskaranbiraujla@gmail.com
What she is supposed to show is her ties to her home country, and not her ties to you (Canada). She needs to convince the officer that she intends to go back home and will not overstay. The fact that you (her husband) are in Canada, shows she has ties to Canada and thus it makes it difficult for her to show that she does not intend to return to her home country. She instead need to show her ties to her family (any dependents? parents etc...people who would make her return back home. Or if she owns property etc). Employment back home could be one reason for her to return, however she has a leave of absence which shows a weak link as far as her employment is concerned. Furthermore, she could have applied for a lesser period and not 3 months (Say 2-3 weeks).

Basically the purpose of visit letter details her reasons to visit Canada and also shows that she intends to return to her home country

Apr 12, 2019
I understood and thanks for your help.

One question: if i had applied for outland sponsorship for my wife and she gets visitor visa also while the PR process going on.
Do i need to change inform the IRCC and how?

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
the question is do i need to or not?
If you are asking whether you need to withdraw the outland application and apply inland, then NO. You do not need to. It is possible to have an outland application while the PA is in Canada (apparently they are processed faster than inland applications).

The drawback is that if your wife is asked to attend an interview and she is by then in Canada, she will have to travel outside Canada to attend the interview.

Apr 12, 2019
If you are asking whether you need to withdraw the outland application and apply inland, then NO. You do not need to. It is possible to have an outland application while the PA is in Canada (apparently they are processed faster than inland applications).

The drawback is that if your wife is asked to attend an interview and she is by then in Canada, she will have to travel outside Canada to attend the interview.
Yup,exactly that was my question.

I understand that she might be called for interview or biometrics. but if she moves to canada and i didn't withdraw the outland application,Do i still need to inform to IRCC about her in canada now?

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Yup,exactly that was my question.

I understand that she might be called for interview or biometrics. but if she moves to canada and i didn't withdraw the outland application,Do i still need to inform to IRCC about her in canada now?
If she needs to do biometrics then she will be requested to do that for her TRV and she wont need to do it again for the PR (or for 10 years). With the interview, she will definitely have to travel back if need be. Otherwise its perfectly ok to have an outland application and go to Canada as visitor. She will just need to ensure that she maintains legal status (she will have to apply to extend her visitor status).

ashokrajaram

May 1, 2019
My tourist VISA got rejected with the below reason.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

can anyone share me a sample format.
ashokrajaram85@gmail.com

Thanks.

nelson4angel1

Jul 10, 2019
Hi,
Please send me purpose of visit sample letter on my email adeelcis@live.com

Thanks
Good day please, I'm planning to travel visit canada with my wife on september on vacation, I have no friends no family members in canada. I planned to use hotel booking in replace of invitation letter but I'm in need of purpose of visit sample letter. I am a sailor. My email nelson4angel1@yahoo.com

Thanks

From Efe my friend.

nelson4angel1

Jul 10, 2019
Hi everyone,

I am Fakhrul. I am a Bangladeshi but I live in Germany. Moreover, last year I visited to London. Now I want to visit Canada to one of my friends for about 3 weeks. My question is that if my friend send me an invitation letter, will it work?

Can anyone help me with a sample letter of "Purpose of Visit please? montigeria@gmail.com

Any recommendation ? Thanks in advance.
Good day please, I'm planning to travel visit canada with my wife on september on vacation, I have no friends no family members in canada. I planned to use hotel booking in replace of invitation letter but I'm in need of purpose of visit sample letter. I am a sailor. My email nelson4angel1@yahoo.com

Thanks

From Efe my friend.

miaanpuria

Sep 11, 2018
CHD
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
June 14
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
June 14
Med's Done....
June 26
I have the invitation letter from one of my family member in Canada, I need sample for purpose of visit document.

Somebody please share the same with me on korhermann@gmail.com

Nov 19, 2012
Hi, @Eveslm @ubfx

I am a permanent resident in Canada, who migrated with my husband, and 2 kids (eldest was born in Canada in 2011) last 2017. We miss our parents especially the kids so we wanted them to come here for a visit. Also, I just had my youngest baby last year and so was hoping they could see him for the 1st time and be here to celebrate his 1st birthday in November and hopefully Christmas too.

My parents had applied for Tourist Visa but have been denied with these statements mentioned:

"- I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

- I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

- You had provided insufficient proofs of the sources of your assets.

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements."

it was our fault that we just submitted the required documents in the checklist without exerting much effort on providing a sop nor us sending an invitation letter. In all honesty, the family had been overconfident in the application as they had been given 10 years multiple visa in the US and had been there like every year for visit during the time we were still back home. So the thought of officers having doubts in their overstaying or not returning home was out of the question, so we thought.
They just submitted bank statements and didn't even submit their property documents as my brother who applied for TRV last year has been granted with 10 yrs multiple TRV visa here in Canada with the same documents just submitted. It was so wrong of us to assume the same thing and had regretted it a lot.

The question now, are these:
1. would reapplying for TRV with now cover and invitation letter as well as financial docs like house and land properties suffice? (Hope someone could give samples for each too...)
2. if we're going to send an invitation letter, would it affect if we"re still in LICO as we're new and just establishing here? We are just renting. My husband and I are both working AND studying at the same time.
3. would it be better to write 1 month or 3 months to cover stay from october till dec to celeberate birthday and christmas with us?

Note
that they're both are retired and dad on pension back home. As well as my eldest brother and youngest sister (with a son) are still there so family ties are still strong. They would really be here just for a visit and no plans of overstaying and living here. They just wouldnt want to their grandson's 1st birthday and Christmas, to help out in taking care of the kids while I finish my school and get my license in October, and for leisure.

Please help. Your expertise would be very much appreciated.

Last edited:

afreshai

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
Hi,

If anybody can share me LOE/SOP for visitor visa it would be great.

email id: afreenfshaikh2015gmail.com