+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

please i need a sample of letter of purpose for visitor visa to canada

seyifayo75

Oct 3, 2014
please anybody with a sample of sop for visitor visa to canada i need to visit my wife for Christmas and new year celebration and i need a sample of sop kindly treat this as urgent i need a sample of letter of purpose for visitor visa to canada

Reactions: 2cookies

seyifayo75

Oct 3, 2014
Hi ALL
Can someone help me with a sample of statement of purpose for tourist visa, i need it badly and wanted to look at how it goes about pls...am confused!!
if possible u can e-mail it to me through corinegatees@yahoo.com

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
seyifayo75 said:
Hi ALL
Can someone help me with a sample of statement of purpose for tourist visa, i need it badly and wanted to look at how it goes about pls...am confused!!
if possible u can e-mail it to me through corinegatees @ yahoo.com
If you are looking for an invite letter to support the purpose of the trip/visit - there are guides in here on the contents: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/letter.asp

.../atb
That should

Reactions: 2cookies

civic14

Star Member
Oct 3, 2014
INVITATION LETTER

March (DATE)
To: Citizenship and Immigration Canada

I, , a citizen of Canada was born on , resident of , I hereby, would like to verify my purpose to invite Mr. to visit me in Canada for a period of time starting on

I am requesting to consider Mr. application for a visitor's visa for the following reasons.

During their stay in Canada, will live with me and my family in our home, which we have possession of and where we live. I vow to provide lodging, board and to pay for all expenses incurred during their visit to Canada and I vow to be legally responsible for them.

I hold enough funds to bear all the expenses mentioned in this. I have been working at . I undertake to make sure that do not remain in Canada further than the period allowed for their stay and that they will return to as stated by the conditions of their visitor's visa.

Should you need any further information, please feel free to contact me.

Best regards,

M

mikeymyke

In my opinion, I think that letter is way too brief, not detailed enough, a lot of people get refused due to "Purpose of Visit", so it's best to make it right the first time. Take it from someone who was successful in getting a multiple TRV from a Vietnamese wife. Here is our letter:

To Citizenship and Immigration Canada,

My name is XXXXXXX, a Canadian citizen, born on XXXXXXX, and currently residing at XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. My cellular contact number is XXXXXXXXXXXX. I'm currently working as an electrician with XXXXXX, for over 2 years. I am currently living alone. Please see attached birth certificate photocopy.

My purpose for writing this invitation letter is to invite XXXXXXXXX, my wife who is a citizen of Vietnam, to come to Canada for the purpose of visiting me, and also to travel to Vancouver and a few other towns, together. She was born on XXXXXXXXXXX in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. Her current address is XXXXXXXXXX Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. Her phone number is XXXXXXXXX. Please see the enclosed documents showing her parents owning the home at the above address, her entire family having lived at the home, and her birth certificate showing the names of her parents. Our proposed length of stay is 3 weeks, from August 29 to September 21, 2014.

I would like you to consider XXXXXXXXXXXX's visitor visa application for the following reasons.

XXXXXXXXX was born in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and is currently working as a XXXXXXXXXXXXXX. She has lived at her current address for almost her entire life. Her parents, eldest sister, brother-in-law, two nieces, sister-in-law, and herself are currently living at this address. Her second sister (XXXXXXXX) and brother (XXXXXXXXXX) also lived at her current address for a large majority of their lives, but moved out in 2013 and 2008, respectively. Please see IMM5645 for their current addresses. XXXX also has many relatives living in Vietnam as well, but has no family members or relatives residing in Canada, with the exception of myself. Therefore, XXXXX's family ties in Vietnam are very strong, and has a compelling tie to return to Vietnam.

Her employment history includes being a XXXXXXXXXX for almost 2 years, and is currently a XXXXXXXXXXXXX. At her current job, she earns on average, around XXXXXXXXXXXX a month, which is 5 to 7 times greater than the average salary of a Vietnamese worker, and can support herself comfortably, hence she is able to gather more than enough funds for her stay in Canada.

XXXXXXXXX has an extensive travel history, having been to USA under a student visa, twice to Singapore, China, and Malaysia. She also does not have any criminal record in Vietnam or in the USA, please see attached criminal record checks.

XXXXXXX and I got married on Dec 30, 2013, and had our marriage registered a couple weeks later, in Vietnam. I have visited XXXXXXXX twice in total, each visit being 2 months each, in length. However, XXXXXXXX has never been to Canada before, and we have talked about her coming to Canada to not only visit me and my family, but also to travel around to explore a little bit of Canadian culture. More importantly, I want her to visit me so that she can see what it would feel like to live here, to live in her future house, and what her lifestyle would become in the future. I feel it is only fair that after having visited her twice already, I would like for her to visit me at least once. She currently has a permanent residence application ongoing, with me being the sponsor. However, this does not mean she intends to overstay her visa. XXXXXXXXX understands this and only wants to get this visitor visa to be with me, not to use it to stay here illegally. Also, XXXXXXXXX does not plan on working, or seek work while on this visa, nor do anything else that would violate the terms of the visitor visa.

Attached to this application are plans for our upcoming trip to Europe. We plan to spend half the trip living in Paris with a friend who will let us stay with him without expenses. Combined with both our incomes, we can easily afford this trip, and will absolutely go, pending any unexpected changes to our plans. Because of this planned trip, this shows XXXXXXX has no plans to stay in Canada on her visitor visa.

During XXXXX's stay in Canada, she will live with me in my home in Edmonton, therefore she will have no living expenses. See attached mortgage document showing proof of ownership. I will also be the one driving her around the city, so she will have no transportation expenses. While I'm going to work on the weekdays, she will remain in my house until I return home, after which we will go out and hang out together. This way, I will still be earning an income and supporting both of us while she is here. I'm a 4th year electrician earning about XXXXXXXXX a year, working at my current company for over 2 years, and I also have a healthy bank balance. On weekends, we plan to take trips to Sylvan Lake and Lake Louise (see Purpose of Visit document). All food, entertainment, and other miscellaneous expenses will be taken care of by me. XXXXXXXX will still bring lots of funds into Canada, but they will not be used at all, and will only serve as a backup source of funds.

I've purchased for XXXXXXX , travel insurance (see attached proof) for the duration of her trip, a $150,000 policy, the maximum coverage available. Therefore, neither Canadian taxpayers nor myself will need to bear any unexpected medical costs for her.

As mentioned before, XXXXXXXX plans to stay from August 29 to September 21, 2014. She will initially land in Vancouver, where I will meet her. We both plan on staying in Vancouver for the long weekend, and then return to Edmonton together. After 3 weeks, XXXXXXXXX will board a plane back to Ho Chi Minh City. If she is unable to get a visitor visa in time to buy plane tickets before August 29, we will just take the Vancouver trip on whatever future date she will arrive here, and take our weekend trips on a future date after that.

Having considered XXXXXXX's travel history, strong family ties back in Vietnam, lack of criminal record, well paying and genuine occupation, detailed plans while in Canada, detailed plans of a future trip away from Canada, healthy amount of funds for her stay, proof of travel insurance, as well as my job and assets, I sincerely request that you could grant XXXXXXX a visitor visa into Canada.

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

XXXXXXXXXXX

M

mikeymyke

I also got my wife to write a letter to CIC herself, even though its totally optional:

To Whom It May Concern,

My name is XXXXXXXXXX from Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, and I'm the wife of XXXXXXXXXX, my husband who is living in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I'm writing this letter in the hopes of demonstrating why I would like to apply for a visitor visa to Canada. My main purpose of applying for a visitor visa is to visit and spend time with my husband. He has visited me twice already in Vietnam, for the past two years, and in both visits, he has stayed for 2 months each time. It was very difficult for him to have to take so many unpaid months off work to visit me each time, so therefore, I would like to take the opportunity to spend time with him in Canada.

I would like to stay in Canada for three weeks, starting from August 29 to September 21 of this year. My husband and I plan to have me living in his home in Edmonton, Alberta, where he will take care of all expenses, including mortgage, utilities, food, living expenses, and entertainment. He is a 4th year electrician with a salary of about XXXXXXXXXX a year with a healthy bank balance, no debts, and no dependents. On weekdays, he will continue to go to work while I stay at his house, so that he will continue to have an income during my stay. On weekends, we plan on taking a weekend trip to Vancouver together, a trip to Lake Louise, and a trip to Sylvan Lake with my husband‘s family. Vancouver trip expenses will be covered by my husband, while the Lake Louise and Sylvan Lake trips are only a few hours drive (see attached document “Plans While in Canada”). My husband will be my only source of transportation, so I will not have to spend on taxis or public transit. He will also buy me private health insurance during my stay. Any extra funds that I'm bringing to Canada will likely only be used as a last resort, as my husband has a good job and salary, and will take care of all expenses.

My travel history includes trips to Singapore (twice), China, Malaysia, and the United States (had a valid student visa for a year). My family ties include my husband in Canada, and my father, mother, two older sisters, two brother-in-laws, two nieces, and relatives living in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. I've lived with my immediate family my entire life in the very same house they are living in now, so my family ties back in Vietnam are still very strong.

I understand that I currently have a family class permanent residence application ongoing with my husband, but this does not mean I plan to overstay my visitor visa and not return home. I've lived in Vietnam almost my entire life, I have virtually all of my friends and immediate family living there, my family ties are strong back home, and I will absolutely return home before my visa expires. My permanent resident application will likely take a long time to complete, and I don't want to be apart from my husband too often, therefore I only ask that I be given a chance to visit and spend time with him. I do not wish to ruin my permanent resident application by overstaying, this will only keep me and my husband apart longer, so you can be sure that I will absolutely leave Canada before my visa expires. Last, but not least, I have absolutely no intention of working during my stay, not only would that be a violation of the terms of my visa, but there is no need anyway as my husband is taking care of all my expenses.

To show my further intention of not overstaying my visitor visa, I’ve attached another document (“Plans for trip to Europe in December 2014 “) that shows our detailed plans for our planned month-long trip to Europe this December. We haven’t bought any flight tickets or booked any hotels yet for this trip, as it is 6 months away, I still have yet to be approved for a Schengen visa, and we may decide to change our destinations in the future.

I hope this letter will help convince you of my genuine desire to visit my husband and leaving Canada at the end of my stay. Thank you very much for your time.

M

mikeymyke

And finally, this is what we submitted for Purpose of Visit. Notice it's not generic like "My purpose is to visit my husband".

Purpose of Visit

My purpose of visit is to not only visit my husband and his family, but also to take a weekend trip with him to Vancouver, Lake Louise, and Sylvan Lake. Below is a detailed series of events we plan on doing during my proposed stay. Please also see itinerary.

Aug 29, 2014 - XXXXX arrives Vancouver, XXXXX meets with her there to spend weekend in Vancouver
-Will take SkyTrain from YVR Airport to Burrard Station, will stay at The Blue Horizon Hotel Address: 1225 Robson Street, West End, V6E 1C3 Vancouver
Phone: (604) 688-1411
*Hotel already booked, please see below for proof*

August 30-31 :
-Will go see Chinatown (take SkyTrain to Stadium-Chinatown station)
-Will go see Robson St (take SkyTrain to Burrard station)
-Will go see Granville St (take SkyTrain to Granville station)

Sept 1 - Check out of hotel, leave Vancouver for Edmonton

Sept 2-5, XXXXX goes to work, XXXXX stays at his house until he returns, after that, will either stay at home or go out for shopping, dining, visiting family, etc

Sept 6 - XXXXX takes trip to Sylvan Lake with XXXXX's family

Sept 7 - XXXXX and XXXXX free weekend, will either stay at home, or go out for shopping, dining, entertainment, etc

Sept 8-12 - XXXXX goes to work, XXXXX stays at his house until he returns, after that, will either stay at home or go out for shopping, dining, visiting family, etc

Sept 13 - XXXXX goes to try Lake Louise Tea House Challenge with XXXXX , will drive to Lake Louise

Sept 14 - XXXXX and XXXXX 's free weekend, will either stay at home, or go out for shopping, dining, entertainment, etc

Sept 15-19 - XXXXX goes to work, XXXXX stays at his house until he returns, after that, will either stay at home or go out for shopping, dining, visiting family, etc

Sept 20 - XXXXX and XXXXX's free weekend, will either stay at home, or go out for shopping, dining, entertainment, etc

Sept 21 - XXXXX leaves Canada

*Please note that in the event I do not obtain a visitor visa in time to be able to book the flight tickets for these dates, we will simply move all these events to a later date
One thing to note, the first 2 letters we wrote to CIC were HANDWRITTEN, this was time consuming, but we felt this gave a more personal feel to our letters, and could help sway CIC agents to our favor.

civic14

Star Member
Oct 3, 2014
this is the invitation letter I send with my aplication and they give me the visitor visa for multiples entry.

NAME
ADDRESS
OF THE PERSON INVITING YOU.

INVITATION LETTER

DATE
To: Citizenship and Immigration Canada

I, XXXXXXXX, a citizen of Canada was born on XXXXXXX, resident of XXXXXXXX, along with my daughter, XXXXXXX (born XXXXXXX) and my wife, XXXXXX (born XXXXXX). I hereby, would like to verify my purpose to invite Mr. XXXXXXX and his wife XXXXXXX to visit me in Canada for a period of time starting on XXXXXX to XXXXXX.

I am requesting to consider Mr. XXXXXXXXX (born XXXXXXX) and his wife XXXXXX (born XXXXXX) application for a visitor's visa for the following reasons.

In XXXXXXX, I had the incredible opportunity to travel to XXXXXX for almost two months and meet my XXXXXX, and his lovely wife, XXXXXX. They opened the doors to their home and extended the kindest gratitude towards me; I would only like to do the same. I would like to show them some of my favourite places in Canada and have them take part in some celebrations with my family.

During their stay in Canada, XXXXXX and XXXXX will live with me and my family in our home, which we have possession of and where we live. I vow to provide lodging, board and to pay for all expenses incurred during their visit to Canada and I vow to be legally responsible for them.

I hold enough funds to bear all the expenses mentioned in this. I have been working at XXXXXXXXX. I undertake to make sure that XXXXXXX and XXXXXXX do not remain in Canada further than the period allowed for their stay and that they will return to XXXXXXX as stated by the conditions of their visitor's visa.

XXXXXX and XXXXX are living at XXXXXXXX and they can be contacted via phone at XXXXXXXXX or at their email at XXXXXX.
XXXXXXX is the owner (XXXXXXXX.) of a large and successful wholesale company where XXXXXXXX, and other types of equipment can be purchased.

Taking this information into consideration, I am requesting you to kindly grant a visitor's visa to XXXXXXXX and his wife XXXXXXX. Should you need any further information, please feel free to contact me.

Best regards,
XXXXXXXXXX

mbagh15

Aug 25, 2013
Hi All,
Thanks for the information on the visitor visa, I also wants a sample of SOP for a visitor, I have no relation there, I am just visiting for a tourism, I want to visit Toronto. please kindly do me a favour and help me out, I am a final year student in the university, my father will be sponsoring me....thank you

Reactions: nnekanma
M

mikeymyke

You don't have to copy everything of ours word for word, just use it as a guide.

AiVi

Star Member
Feb 2, 2014
mikeymyke said:
You don't have to copy everything of ours word for word, just use it as a guide.
Hey have u received visitor visa ??

I have applied for OWP on 26th Oct 2014 on the basis of my husband as he is studying in canada. However,it got rejected and following reasons were given,

1. Your family ties in canada and in your country of residence
2. length of proposed stay in canada
3. Purpose of visit
4. Your personal assets and financial status

Now, i would want to apply again as visitor.. Can you please suggest documents you have submitted for visitors visa ? and how much stay duration should i mentioned ? and what do you think that how much i have acceptance chances ??Please please help me..

M

mikeymyke

Yes my wife got her visitor visa. She was married to me at the time, from Vietnam (a high risk country), yet she was able to get a multiple entry visa for 5 years.

1) Show evidence that you have family living in your country and/or in your house. Something like a household registry would do well.
2) Ask for 2-3 weeks, this will help for 2 reasons, improve your chance of being approved, as well you don't need to bring as many funds to Canada. My wife asked for 3 weeks, they gave her a mulitple entry for 5 years, so it's worth it to ask for less time.
3) Give detailed plans as to what you will do each day, look at my previous posts for some guides.
4) Your bank account cannot have any one putting their own money or you borrowing money from someone, the money has to belong to you 100%. Should have at least $1000/week of stay + cost of plane ticket. Also try to show proof that you own a house, business, or something valuable back home.

elin5211

Oct 14, 2014
Hi guys,
Do you have any sample of financial support letter? I'm Asian student who are studying in UK. Since i am financially dependent on my parents, i need to write financial support letter. But i have no idea how to write it. Please help me

AiVi

Star Member
Feb 2, 2014
Sponsorship/Reference Letter

Date -

Name & address of person who want to Spencer,

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

We, Name of person who want to Spencer will financially support our [b]Son/daughter[/b], Name of son/daughter during the time she will be working in (Mention city)Canada. We have appended documents to indicate that we have sufficient funds for this.

If you have any questions or concerns about this matter, please feel free to contact us at
XYZ@gmail.com

Funds from Father

Sr. No. Type of Funds Indian Rupees Canadian Dollar*

1 (Bank name) Bank Saving account
2 (Bank Name) Saving account
3 (Bank Name) Fix Deposit

Total

Funds from Mother

Sr. No. Type of Funds Indian Rupees Canadian Dollar*

1 Provident Fund
2. ( Bank Name) Saving account

Total available funds - $

* Currency exchange rate considered is 1 CAD= INR(Current rate)

Best Regards,

(Name & sign of person who want to Spencer)

ling1489

Jan 16, 2015
mikeymyke said:
In my opinion, I think that letter is way too brief, not detailed enough, a lot of people get refused due to "Purpose of Visit", so it's best to make it right the first time. Take it from someone who was successful in getting a multiple TRV from a Vietnamese wife. Here is our letter:

We are applying for a temporary visa also. I wonder how much would be the spending money that need to be declared for a stay of 2 months.