+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help me for NOC 0621 Roles and responsibilities

india8055

Star Member
May 28, 2014
Hi All,

I want to apply for CEC under NOC 0621 for Retail store manager can you please help me for roles and responsibilities, If i ask my HR they are just copying roles and responsibilities from HRSDC I knew this will not work, Can any one please send me Roles and responsibilities it will be so helpfully for me.

Thanks,
India8055

Winter27996

Apr 7, 2014
Victoria, BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-14
AOR Received.
10-03-14
Med's Request
17-09-14
Med's Done....
22-09-14
What kind of store is it? I applied under that category as well, so i can help if you need. I manage a retail clothing store.

india8055

Star Member
May 28, 2014
Winter27996 said:
What kind of store is it? I applied under that category as well, so i can help if you need. I manage a retail clothing store.
It is a mobile store working at Cellular Point in toronto, can you please help me for roles and responsibilities.

http://www.cellularpoint.ca/

india8055

Star Member
May 28, 2014
Winter27996 said:
Can you please look at this respoinsibilities:

• Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
• Maintains store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
• Maintains store staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
• Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
• Ensures availability of merchandise and services by approving contracts; maintaining inventories.
• Formulates pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining additional needed sales promotion; authorizing clearance sales; studying trends.
• Markets merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans; analyzing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios.
• Secures merchandise by implementing security systems and measures.
• Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
• Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements.
• Determines marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and departmental sales records.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.

Winter27996

Apr 7, 2014
Victoria, BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-14
AOR Received.
10-03-14
Med's Request
17-09-14
Med's Done....
22-09-14
That looks perfect!!!!!

Sep 25, 2014
OK so you guys might be able to give me some advice on my current situation.. I applied under CEC for retail manager code 0621 in Feb 14, got AOR Mar 14, got approved for BOWP by Vegreville June 14, then I received letter from Ottowa Pilot office this week saying that the officer doesn't think my role was relevant to 0621 but more relevant to the retail supervisor code 6211.. but they didn't refuse me they said they had concerns and I had to reply within 30 days to explain

I thought maybe I would just reply and be like OK change my application to be under code 6211, til I checked the CIC site and realised that 6211 is one of the six codes they took out of the CEC programme this year - you cant apply under that one anymore. So I have no idea why the officer would even suggest it

I replied and wrote an 8page description of my duties etc and provided all the contact info for my employer at the time so they can verify if they need to.

But my point is I was also a manager of a wireless kiosk/store - for Glentel Inc, so my job description was v similar to yours. And the officer wrote in the letter that their concern is that a number of the duties in the NOC would be carried out by head office and not by me - like choosing the inventory to sell, setting the price, using market research and marketing/sales strategies to get revenue, and determining sales budgets. My issue with this is that I am sure the same could be said for 99% of store managers regardless of the role - almost all would be governed to a certain extent, by a head office. So I am not seeing how anyone applying under 0621 could pass in that case???

I am really hoping that the in depth explanation and the offer of who to verify it with, will be enough for them to re asses and grant me the PR. If not I have a Canadian partner and will be getting married and re applying under sponsorship, but its just going to take so much longer that way.

Any help or advice you guys have would be much appreciated.... any similar situation for you guys or any friends?

india8055

Star Member
May 28, 2014
jenny.warrillow said:
OK so you guys might be able to give me some advice on my current situation.. I applied under CEC for retail manager code 0621 in Feb 14, got AOR Mar 14, got approved for BOWP by Vegreville June 14, then I received letter from Ottowa Pilot office this week saying that the officer doesn't think my role was relevant to 0621 but more relevant to the retail supervisor code 6211.. but they didn't refuse me they said they had concerns and I had to reply within 30 days to explain

I thought maybe I would just reply and be like OK change my application to be under code 6211, til I checked the CIC site and realised that 6211 is one of the six codes they took out of the CEC programme this year - you cant apply under that one anymore. So I have no idea why the officer would even suggest it

I replied and wrote an 8page description of my duties etc and provided all the contact info for my employer at the time so they can verify if they need to.

But my point is I was also a manager of a wireless kiosk/store - for Glentel Inc, so my job description was v similar to yours. And the officer wrote in the letter that their concern is that a number of the duties in the NOC would be carried out by head office and not by me - like choosing the inventory to sell, setting the price, using market research and marketing/sales strategies to get revenue, and determining sales budgets. My issue with this is that I am sure the same could be said for 99% of store managers regardless of the role - almost all would be governed to a certain extent, by a head office. So I am not seeing how anyone applying under 0621 could pass in that case???

I am really hoping that the in depth explanation and the offer of who to verify it with, will be enough for them to re asses and grant me the PR. If not I have a Canadian partner and will be getting married and re applying under sponsorship, but its just going to take so much longer that way.

Any help or advice you guys have would be much appreciated.... any similar situation for you guys or any friends?
Hi Jenny sorry i have no idea i have not yet applied for immigration just preparing my documents waiting for ielts results after that i should go to HR and i will show this draft and should ask her advice

Winter27996

Apr 7, 2014
Victoria, BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-14
AOR Received.
10-03-14
Med's Request
17-09-14
Med's Done....
22-09-14
Jen, I would agree with you. Most of the store managers out there would then fall under the supervisor role. That is how the corporate structure works. Head office has a buying department, and a pricing coordinator. I would tell them that they should examine the job duties of almost every retail manager out there, and that they would see this very thing. Unless you own your own store, then you are not doing things like price setting and buying. And they would be hard pressed to argue otherwise.

I am sure that after your explanation that you sent, accompanied by support from your head office, that they will see that you meet the criteria.

Crossing my fingers for you.

Sep 25, 2014
Wow I was busy after I posted this LOL, its been a while sorry for not replying. I am glad someone agrees with me!

I still have not heard anything back from them and they received my reply letter and explanation 2 months ago. Given they were allowing 30 days for me to reply that means they have had my reply for a whole month since the end of that period and they havent so much as sent me an email..

I don't know whether that is a good or bad thing. They could be taking their time just to tell me I am rejected or they could be continuing with the next stages of the application. I have no way to know and its really frustrating me because if they are going to reject it they need to do it now so I have time to re apply (now under the family sponsorship as I married my partner since I posted).

I daren't phone the call centre because in the past have been told completely incorrect information which seriously delayed me with my work permit because I sat at home waiting for a permit they promised they had mailed when in reality I had to go to the border to get it. I got a different answer every time so I wouldnt necessarily trust what they say.

I am wondering that if I call them I can just ask for it to be rejected and then re apply as the wife of a canadian under that stream. I also dont know if I am meant to write to the case officer to tell them I am now married, does it make any difference?

Tre confused.

Winter27996

Apr 7, 2014
Victoria, BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-14
AOR Received.
10-03-14
Med's Request
17-09-14
Med's Done....
22-09-14
Definitely let them know that you are now married, and send them a copy of the marriage certificate.

I think it's a good sign that you haven't heard from them. Usually if they are going to reject you, they will do so quickly.

Have you checked your ECAS status?? What does it say?

Sep 25, 2014
That's the kicker, I have never been able to check my status through that system since day 1, it just doesnt work. At first I thought it was because I was checking it too soon and they hadnt begun to process, but then after I got my AOR and this other letter questioning my experience, I realised its just an error. I have submitted their error report a few times and heard nothing back. I have tried with every single piece of info, the UCI, the application number, the W number on my record of landing. I can only hope its not because someone somewhere has mis spelled my name or put the wrong date of birth into their system... LOL

I found out we have to wait for 90 days since we got married to send off for the marriage certificate, so at this point there isnt much I can do but wait and see if they reply before then.

I am sad to see that those who submitted their PR apps 1 and 2 months after me are now getting their PR cards. It seems this is the fastest CIC have managed to process applications for a long time and mine still hasnt happened.

I would like to think the delay in reply is a good thing and if they were rejecting it they would have done so by now. But at the same time I can't guess what is happening so am trying to just plan either way. I have sent off for new birth and police certs for a new application. I have the details of my local places for medical if I am going to re apply under the family sponsorship stream. And I can't change over my ID to my married name til the end of the 90 days and getting the marriage cert so am hoping I have heard something by then.

I think if I dont hear anything then in January it will be 4 months til my current BOWP runs out, so rather than calling and asking them to reject me, I might just send off another application for BOWP. Because it says in some cases they have to issue a 2nd BOWP to people when their applications run for a long time..

Its all very frustrating! Thanks for your input I will keep this thread posted even if there are gaps, because I know if this is happening to me there must be a bunch of other 0621 applicants in the same boat.

Sep 25, 2014
OMG so either this is coincidence or someone at CIC knew I was talking about it LOL - I just got the email asking for me to take the medical! FINALLY!

The letter says that my application is now at the stage where a medical is required to continue, and although it does say that if the application is refused after the medical then you don't get your money back, it must mean that I am over the issue with the NOC R&R / work experience as it doesnt say anything more about that!

I could cry I am so happy right now, will continue to post as to the next thing that happens, thanks!!

india8055

Star Member
May 28, 2014
jenny.warrillow said:
OMG so either this is coincidence or someone at CIC knew I was talking about it LOL - I just got the email asking for me to take the medical! FINALLY!

The letter says that my application is now at the stage where a medical is required to continue, and although it does say that if the application is refused after the medical then you don't get your money back, it must mean that I am over the issue with the NOC R&R / work experience as it doesnt say anything more about that!

I could cry I am so happy right now, will continue to post as to the next thing that happens, thanks!!
Congrats and all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sep 25, 2014
Thanks!

I could only find 2 places in Hamilton that do the medical, each only had 1 date available within the 30 days I have been given. One was the 11th which I should have gone for really, because then it would be in well before the holiday. But that place was $40 more expensive and really far away so I would miss a lot of work. So I went for the slightly cheaper one and booked for the 18th, because its right opposite my work. Who knew that the whole time I have been stressing about it, the medical place was right over the street HAHA!

I cant believe I only just realised from reading on here, that you can get a copy of your GCMS notes and see whats happening with your application. If I hadnt heard back this week I totally would have sent off for them! CIC should make it known that they are available!

Good luck everyone!