+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pick up PR card @ CIC office

Kikilala

Star Member
Feb 12, 2016
I received a BLUE letter for picking up the PR card@ local office. Can anyone please share the experience of the picking up process? What will they ask and anything special I have to pay attention? Thanks a lot!

Almost_Canadian

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
Re: Pick up PR card @ CIC office

If you are renewing your PR card, then they will ask you to bring your original documents to show them. This means all passports used in last 5 years from the date you applied, originals of notice of assessment ( tax), COPR, PR card, Health card, Driver's Licence.
The officer in charge will match the passport stamps with information you supplied in your application form.
It is a good idea to prepare an excel file printout of your entry /exit dates and which passport page each entry /exit stamp is located. This helps officer when they are matching the information.
Also suggest you to make small notes for reason of travel for each entry/exit. Sometimes officer also asks why you had traveled. If they cannot match the information due to missing passport, then they can refuse to give you the new PR card. So most important is to take along all your passports which you used in that time period.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010

Kikilala said:
I received a BLUE letter for picking up the PR card@ local office. Can anyone please share the experience of the picking up process? What will they ask and anything special I have to pay attention? Thanks a lot!
Largely concur in post by Almost_Canadian.

Typically there is merely a counter-interview, which is largely a formality, and generally it is more or less a quality control check, verification of documents and identity together with some basic questions to confirm information regarding you.

Mostly be sure to follow the instructions, especially as to what documents you need to bring.

The questions are not at all likely to be difficult or confrontational (unless, of course, there is something about your documents or demeanor or the way you answer questions that triggers suspicions . . . like you respond to questions about where you live as if you do not really live there . . . meaning there really should be no reason to worry at all).

While these days most times the PR card is mailed, a certain percentage of PRs being issued a replacement (renewal) card are required to pick-up in person, again as a kind of quality control check. Sometimes PRs are required to pick up the card in person if there is some concern the PR is not in Canada, or not living at the address provided, but when you show up in person that usually is an answer enough for those concerns.

Roojic

May 22, 2016

Kikilala said:
Hey
I have also received that blue letter.. And some how lost it
I have my appointment on May 24th.. Can you plz message me back that what is written in the letter?
I only remember that i have to appear in their office on may 24th.. Though i am looking for the letter but still cant find it... I need to know what should i bring with me...?
Have u already given your interview and got PR card? Plz message me the details i registered at this website only after seeing your post on google.. Just wanted to talk to u.. Thank you much appreciated.

shekhawatmx

Star Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dubai UAE
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22 May 2009
File Transfer...
16 june 2009 from CIO
Med's Request
26 aug 2009
Med's Done....
8 oct 2009 at mumbai INDIA
Passport Req..
17 feb 2010 by email
VISA ISSUED...
22 march 2010 got pp back on 29 march 2010
LANDED..........
20 Aug 2010

My wife also got letter but regular white not blue so what's the difference?
She is currently out of country and had given 6 months to collect her pr card from cic Ottawa and below docs have been requested.
Passports held in last 5 years
DL or health card
Financial documents
Utilities bill
Proof of residency.