+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pharmacist : 3131

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hello, I work for clinical trials as a supply chain manager. I coordinate the clinical labeling, packaging and shipping of investigational product to clinical trial sites. I have completed PharmD (Doctor in Pharmacy) and I have masters in health administration (MHA) and project management as well.
Can someone advise me if I fall under 4165 NOC code? Thank you!
Doesn't matter what degrees you have, it depends if your responsibilities match the NOC code

Sunny329

Jul 23, 2018
Dear pharmacist,

I have received a letter of interest from Ontario to apply for PNP. I have ECA equivalent to Bachelor of pharmacy and community pharmacy experience but I didn't get the license from the territory neither I sat for PEBC exam.
My question is: Can I apply for the PNP without provincial registration?? B/C they require the license among the documents for PNP?

Plz anyone with previous similar case advise>>>!!!
Can you please tell me what happened? Did you got your oinp ?

Dubaiboy91

Apr 19, 2021
Hi there,
I am a new member here. Is it possible to get PR as a Retail Pharmacist noc 3131 without licence as pnp application shows it is a regulated profession. Immigration consultant advising to change noc to supervisior since my duties are matching my crs is 403 and for pnp purpose sinp 69 score chances are there to get sinp or prince edward pnp 75 score. As per your experince which occupation would be good 3129 pharmacy technician 3131 pharmacist or as a supervisior also in demand occupation noc B?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi there,
I am a new member here. Is it possible to get PR as a Retail Pharmacist noc 3131 without licence as pnp application shows it is a regulated profession. Immigration consultant advising to change noc to supervisior since my duties are matching my crs is 403 and for pnp purpose sinp 69 score chances are there to get sinp or prince edward pnp 75 score. As per your experince which occupation would be good 3129 pharmacy technician 3131 pharmacist or as a supervisior also in demand occupation noc B?
As previously mentioned don't believe pharmacists are on the list of professions in demand in any of the provinces (not sure about Quebec but they aren't part of pnp). Are you working as a pharmacist or a pharmacy tech? Is your education as a pharmacist or a tech? Are you asking whether you should apply as a pharmacy/retail supervisor? You need to match your NOC to your actual job description and not just look at how many points you will get in each scenario because your employer can be contacted.

Reactions: Dubaiboy91

Dubaiboy91

Apr 19, 2021
As previously mentioned don't believe pharmacists are on the list of professions in demand in any of the provinces (not sure about Quebec but they aren't part of pnp). Are you working as a pharmacist or a pharmacy tech? Is your education as a pharmacist or a tech? Are you asking whether you should apply as a pharmacy/retail supervisor? You need to match your NOC to your actual job description and not just look at how many points you will get in each scenario because your employer can be contacted.
Hi thanks for reply,
I am working as a Retail pharmacist in dubai and my actual job description mix with Technician and supervisior also. My passport is stamped as a Pharmacist but Immigration consultant advise to apply as supervisior. So need some advise, whether shall I proceed under any other NOC or if Title of designation is Pharmacist but duties descriptions matching with supervisior is fine or need to mention Pharmacist cum supervisior etc.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi thanks for reply,
I am working as a Retail pharmacist in dubai and my actual job description mix with Technician and supervisior also. My passport is stamped as a Pharmacist but Immigration consultant advise to apply as supervisior. So need some advise, whether shall I proceed under any other NOC or if Title of designation is Pharmacist but duties descriptions matching with supervisior is fine or need to mention Pharmacist cum supervisior etc.
If your employment letters match a supervisor NOC then for Express Entry, you are fine. What NOC are you using?

Dubaiboy91

Apr 19, 2021
If your employment letters match a supervisor NOC then for Express Entry, you are fine. What NOC are you using?
I was using Pharmacist but someone says as it is a regulated profession, I need to get licence or proceed with retail supervisior as it matches my duties.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I was using Pharmacist but someone says as it is a regulated profession, I need to get licence or proceed with retail supervisior as it matches my duties.
You can apply for Express Entry and be nominated. However if you come to Canada you can't work as a pharmacist until you are licensed.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi thanks for reply,
Would look at the job descriptions and select the NOC that matches best with your current job duties. If you are currently employed as a pharmacist and your current employer has hired you as a retail pharmacist will your current employer describe your job as a pharmacy supervisor? Before speaking to the consultant would you have said you were the pharmacy supervisor? Doesn’t matter what the consultant says. Your duties must match up with the supervisor role. Have you been working as a pharmacist for many years? How many pharmacists are you supervising? Technicians? You still need a license to be a pharmacy manager. Licensing is not needed to qualify for immigration. It is required to practice pharmacy in Canada. You will need to look up the licensing process and how difficult in Canada be to pass the PEBCs/OSCEs or to secure a preceptor. If you have a well paying job in Dubai you should really be looking at the current pay rates for retail pharmacists in Canada. In areas like the GTA it has fallen to under $35/hr in many stores. Many of the salary predictions online are incorrect. Not all pharmacists are making 100k+ these days. Many are working at a few stores, part-time with no benefits and agreeing to work for $30-35/hr because there is such a surplus of pharmacists that someone will accept that low pay rate if you don’t accept the job. That is also before taxes so tale Home is much less.

Last edited:

mkst461

Star Member
Sep 20, 2021
In SINP, which is on more demand now: 3131 (pharmacist) or 3219 (pharmacy technician/pharmacy technical assistant)??

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
In SINP, which is on more demand now: 3131 (pharmacist) or 3219 (pharmacy technician/pharmacy technical assistant)??
Well 3131 is ineligible so the only option is 3219. Look on the SINP site and see the draw sheets and whether that NOC is ever selected and if so, what the score was for that draw.