Vonput

Star Member
Jun 9, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi,
So for flagpole, all you documents were expired? Your study permit and TRV as well?.
My student permit wasn't expired yet based on the date. You can call the border agents at the border crossing (check google maps) you want to flagpole at. If you have all your documents like school letter, transcripts etc you should be fine.

adanikolas

Apr 11, 2023
Hello everyone I have a complex case. So I had covid in one semester and could not attend finals exam so received F grades for 2 courses. I applied for astudy permit renewal that time and college gave me a full time enrollment verification for that semester. However, after a whole year and right before my graduation, the college removed one of the course from my transcript making it part time and says I never attended the course. I tried complaints and everything but the college insists on screwing me up like this. I don't even know if its legal saying I never attended the course and just remove it. Rest all semesters I am full time and even in Dean's Honor Roll. As far as I understand the college will not also help me with any support letter and insists on this ridiculous decision. How would I explain this in pgwp application as I think I will already by refused. The semester was initially shown as 10credits now it's 7 as they removed 1 course legit 1year after. Someone please advise

adanikolas

Apr 11, 2023
Hi

Just an update regarding my reconsideration application and situation:
1. My pgwp was initially refused on January 29, 2021, for not maintaining full-time status during my studies. I had two part-time semesters during regular academic sessions.
2. Applied for reconsideration on February 1, 2021, through ircc webform.
3. Application was approved on March 2, 2021, for 3 years PGWP.

This last 1 month after the initial refusal had been very stressful. After spending almost 8 years and over 100k on studies, I felt depressed and stupid for not opting for a shorter duration program. I feel if you are honest about your situation and sufficiently explain your situation to the officers, there are high chances your application will be approved eventually. Trust your hard work.
Heyyyy I have a complex case. So I had covid in one semester and could not attend finals exam so received F grades for 2 courses. I applied for astudy permit renewal that time and college gave me a full time enrollment verification for that semester. However, after a whole year and right before my graduation, the college removed one of the course from my transcript making it part time and says I never attended the course. I tried complaints and everything but the college insists on screwing me up like this. I don't even know if its legal saying I never attended the course and just remove it. Rest all semesters I am full time and even in Dean's Honor Roll. As far as I understand the college will not also help me with any support letter and insists on this ridiculous decision. How would I explain this in pgwp application as I think I will already by refused. The semester was initially shown as 10credits now it's 7 as they removed 1 course legit 1year after. Someone please advise

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Heyyyy I have a complex case. So I had covid in one semester and could not attend finals exam so received F grades for 2 courses. I applied for astudy permit renewal that time and college gave me a full time enrollment verification for that semester. However, after a whole year and right before my graduation, the college removed one of the course from my transcript making it part time and says I never attended the course. I tried complaints and everything but the college insists on screwing me up like this. I don't even know if its legal saying I never attended the course and just remove it. Rest all semesters I am full time and even in Dean's Honor Roll. As far as I understand the college will not also help me with any support letter and insists on this ridiculous decision. How would I explain this in pgwp application as I think I will already by refused. The semester was initially shown as 10credits now it's 7 as they removed 1 course legit 1year after. Someone please advise
How about attaching the results of that course along. Also can add medical visit description.

adanikolas

Apr 11, 2023
How about attaching the results of that course along. Also can add medical visit description.
Heyy, I failed that course however it wasn't like I never attended. I have enrollment copy of showing full time for that semester and also a recent transcript that shows the course still on my grades as an F. I didn't have any medical visits as for covid they told me not to visit doctors without an emergency and was basically home.until I recovered. Took an antigen test though.

Joseph777777

Star Member
Apr 6, 2023
hi im in similar situation with you i failed 2 class and made me part time in my last 2 finals and i pray my pgwp is approved

Mukki315

Aug 8, 2023
Hello , how are you guys . So i did my 1st semester online from india and i failed one of the subjects. My visa also arrived late so i came to canada summer 2022 i asked my college to give me my backlog subject they told me it is not running in this semester and my 2nd semester subjects were also removed by college due to pre-requisite and my course was extended by 1 year. So in summer 2023 they again posted fees and i went to ask college about it they told me we charge basis of semester and top of that i was informed that i was a part-time student in summer 2022. I was not informed about it anywhere that i was being transferred from full time ti part- time and now i am not eleigible for work permit. My course ends on 2024 april.
please help me guys what should i do.
If anyone can help please approach me on instagram - mukulsingh315

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Impatient Dankaroo

Anyw

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
When you apply for a PGWP reconsideration via web form after a refusal, does it usually take a month?
I read a lot of peoples stories on here and most of you seem to get your PGWP reconsidered after a month.
Please is this generally true? Someone please confirm
In the case of my daughter, she received refusal of her PGWP on May 3, 2023, raised a webform for reconsideration three weeks after. By the grace of God, she received her 3-yr PGWP last week of July 2023. She waited for 2 months for the decision.

Anyw

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
Just want to share an update regarding the recent status of my daughter:

January 24, 2023 - submitted PGWP application
May 4, 2023 - received PGWP refusal
May 11, 2023 - submitted request for reconsideration thru webform
May 22, 2023 -submitted application for restoration of status
June 26, 2023 - left Canada
July 6, 2023 - received refusal of restoration of status on the basis that she already left the country
July 24, 2023 - received approval of PGWP

By the grace of God, everything went well. Just wait patiently for God’s perfect time. Thank you also for the members of this forum who shared their insights and experiences on whatever topics being discussed

kati12

Aug 2, 2023
Hello,

I am in the same situation as yours now. Can i ask about how you wrote the re-consideration letter? and did they ask you the $100 that was refunded when it was refused. Please help me out. Thanks

Anyw

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
Hello. I did not receive a refund for the refusal. Regarding the reconsideration letter, we just submitted again the Letter of Explanation we attached to the original application. We think they did not bother to read the LOE anymore when they checked the TOR showing the part-time studies. We just wrote the reasons and circumstances behind the part-time studies, and we also attached the Certification from the College that my daughter was considered full-time student during the term.
Hello,

I am in the same situation as yours now. Can i ask about how you wrote the re-consideration letter? and did they ask you the $100 that was refunded when it was refused. Please help me out. Thanks