+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Refusal due to part time

SomeoneAsking

Star Member
Nov 22, 2018
Thanks so much! I'll let him know.

- Last question (for now lol) - If he restores his status, would be a student? That part is confusing me.

Sguru962

Dec 20, 2020
Thanks so much! I'll let him know.

- Last question (for now lol) - If he restores his status, would be a student? That part is confusing me.
Yes he need to apply study permit extension and PGWP both at same time
I did the same thing and got PGWP first than study permit

Sguru962

Dec 20, 2020
There is a immigration name Snowdrop immigration in Alberta they did all these for me so I just them my documents got my PGWP in less than a month

SomeoneAsking

Star Member
Nov 22, 2018
Hi,

So he contacted his MP to help with his case. We found out that he was indeed a part time student for 3 years. He can only prove that he withdrew some courses during his first year. For the 2 other years he dropped the courses in the middle of the semester and unknowingly became a part time student. This makes the situation a bit more complicated, might have to get a lawyer for this.

Will still appreciate advise from anyone.

Thanks!

Reactions: droolphase

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

So he contacted his MP to help with his case. We found out that he was indeed a part time student for 3 years. He can only prove that he withdrew some courses during his first year. For the 2 other years he dropped the courses in the middle of the semester and unknowingly became a part time student. This makes the situation a bit more complicated, might have to get a lawyer for this.

Thanks!
Three part time semesters is a lot. To qualify for a PGWP, the most you are allowed to have is one part time semester. Going by the rules, he does not qualify for a PGWP. If he wants to try to reapply and ask for an exception, then hiring a lawyer to help him reapply is probably a good idea.

He should also have a plan in place for what he will do if the second PGWP application is refused too.

ashleee

Oct 7, 2020
Hi,

Thanks!
Hey, I also have multiple part time semesters due to similar reasons. Did your boyfriend end up getting a PGWP after trying again? I am so worried :(

droolphase

Sep 26, 2022
Hi,

Thanks!
How did this turn out for him? I'm in a pretty similar situation

SomeoneAsking

Star Member
Nov 22, 2018
How did this turn out for him? I'm in a pretty similar situation
He got a lawyer to help get a work permit. He didn't end up using PGWP route.

His lawyer helped him find a company that could sponsor his work permit. I think they applied for an LMIA for him. LMIA Info

Sorry I don't know the actual details about the process he used, but he moved to AB to work for the company while they started the process for him. We broke up and haven't kept in touch.

I would recommend you speak to a lawyer and know your options.