+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Refusal due to part time

Hindumi

Sep 17, 2021
Don't know about applying for Trp (is your permit expiring soon). But yea first, get some ept advice from your schools international student dept. regarding your particular issue and see if they can help you in any way possible.

Also a letter from school is way more credible than a doctors note. So start with your school.
Yeah my study permit is expiring soon, ohh okay I almost thought a letter from the doctors was more credible considering we talking about a mental illness. Also what does ept mean? And what will I ask from my school, cause they can simply say I wasn’t full time

Kular10

Jun 9, 2020
Hey, I was refused a Pgwp august 21, for being a part time student. I was part time for one semester cause I wasn’t able to get into a class I needed. I have a letter from my doctor stating that I came to him several times during the duration of my study regarding some mental issues and I am planning on seeing if I can get a note from my school to see if they can do anything. What will be the best approach

also, I was advised to apply for a TRP with my pgwp does anyone know about trp and if it’s a good move
If you haven't done it yet, i would highly suggest going through this thread again.

Hindumi

Sep 17, 2021
Thanks for the reply
Although I'm still waiting for the response for my application. (It's been 13 days so far, ANYONE KNOW THE WAITING PERIOD)

During my reapply, i added the Letter of Explanation i got from my university along with all the support documents. I also added an explanation on my own explaining that i meet the scheduled break requirements and therefore my eligibility for Post graduation work permit.
What supporting document did you add?

Kular10

Jun 9, 2020
Yeah my study permit is expiring soon, ohh okay I almost thought a letter from the doctors was more credible considering we talking about a mental illness. Also what does ept mean? And what will I ask from my school, cause they can simply say I wasn’t full time
Seek a professional opinion for trp...?
You can definitely attach doctors note in your Letter of explanation(LOE), as it builds a strong case for you, when reapplying pgwp.
Ept=appropriate
As for your school, get in touch with them first, and see what they have to say.

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Man, they have been super lenient due to corona. Just add corona depression to your LOE and I'm positive they will approve it.

Hindumi

Sep 17, 2021
Are you sure you wanna play with those odds for your work permit..?
No I am not playing it’s just that I was part time in year 2018 not 2020 when corona was an issue so adding that wouldn’t be viable. Also I wasn’t able to get a letter from my school. They couldn’t help with that. Do you have any other approach in mind?

Kular10

Jun 9, 2020
A really good LOE, like explaining your situation that you weren't able to enroll alongside a doctors note might save you.
Or best, seek a professional advice from an advisor, like your school's international student dept (if your school has one), if you already tried, try again

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
A doctor’s letter would be more credible if you had to take time off due to illness but your school would have also agreed for you to take time off due to a diagnosed medical issue. In your situation you couldn’t get into a class and you’re trying to get a note that would somehow justify not being able to register for a course. When it comes to medical leave or medical reasons you really need concrete proof of a serious medical issue where you re eI Ed ongoing treatment not just a few appointments. When it comes to medical absences schools are also usually part of the conversation at the time of the illness.

Reactions: captainarabiia

lizyyy

Star Member
Mar 9, 2021
Got the approval letter in the week of August.. But still waiting on the mail in to arrive.
Should I just wait?
Hi, could you share how you applied and got approved the second time? Did you submit a letter of explanation? What did you say in the letter?

SomeoneAsking

Star Member
Nov 22, 2018
Hello,

I'm posting on behalf of my boyfriend in a similar situation.

My boyfriend graduated from university during summer 2021, and applied for his PGWP sometime in December 2021. His study permit expired March 2022, while he was waiting on his PGWP to be approved.

Couple days ago, he got a message from IRCC that his application has been rejected. Their reasoning is that they assume he was a part time student for some semesters due to his transcript. But while he was a student, he petitioned for some courses to be removed from his transcript due to the bad grades that were dropping his GPA. He retook all the courses he petitioned to be removed from his transcript and got better grades. Now since the courses have been removed, and he submitted his transcript when he applied for his PGWP, it looks like he was a part time student during those semesters.

He is currently working full time, but the rejection letter says that he should stop working and apply to restore his status.

- If he restores his status, does he have to be a student again?
- Would it be possible to restore his status and reapply for his PGWP immediately?

I find this very strange, as I know so many students, myself included, who have taken time off school to work and have been a part time some semesters (when I couldn't afford full time tuition). We all got our PGWP approved with no issues, and I have even applied for my PR.

Today he got a letter from the university stating he was a full time student from his first semester to his last semester. The letter isn't really detailed, it just literally states "(Name) was a full time student from (start) to (finished). I told him to get a more detailed letter from his school but hopefully this will help his situation a bit.

I'm looking for way to help my boyfriend, because his application was wrongfully rejected. He has been trying to contact IRCC but he keeps getting the message "due to high volume of calls, your call cannot be transferred". Does anyone know what the next steps are to take? I would really appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

Sguru962

Dec 20, 2020
Hello,

I'm posting on behalf of my boyfriend in a similar situation.

My boyfriend graduated from university during summer 2021, and applied for his PGWP sometime in December 2021. His study permit expired March 2022, while he was waiting on his PGWP to be approved.

Couple days ago, he got a message from IRCC that his application has been rejected. Their reasoning is that they assume he was a part time student for some semesters due to his transcript. But while he was a student, he petitioned for some courses to be removed from his transcript due to the bad grades that were dropping his GPA. He retook all the courses he petitioned to be removed from his transcript and got better grades. Now since the courses have been removed, and he submitted his transcript when he applied for his PGWP, it looks like he was a part time student during those semesters.

He is currently working full time, but the rejection letter says that he should stop working and apply to restore his status.

- If he restores his status, does he have to be a student again?
- Would it be possible to restore his status and reapply for his PGWP immediately?

I find this very strange, as I know so many students, myself included, who have taken time off school to work and have been a part time some semesters (when I couldn't afford full time tuition). We all got our PGWP approved with no issues, and I have even applied for my PR.

Today he got a letter from the university stating he was a full time student from his first semester to his last semester. The letter isn't really detailed, it just literally states "(Name) was a full time student from (start) to (finished). I told him to get a more detailed letter from his school but hopefully this will help his situation a bit.

I'm looking for way to help my boyfriend, because his application was wrongfully rejected. He has been trying to contact IRCC but he keeps getting the message "due to high volume of calls, your call cannot be transferred". Does anyone know what the next steps are to take? I would really appreciate any advice.

Thanks!
You can do two things:
You can re-apply for the PGWP and also stat that with a proper letter why in your transcript it says part time and also you can put a web form for your rejected application, give them a proper explanation and a letter from university you will get approved no problem
And I prefer not to work on SIN for now
Thanks

SomeoneAsking

Star Member
Nov 22, 2018
Can he re-apply with no valid study permit or visa? or restore his status before he re-applies?

Should he contact IRCC to send him a webform?

Thanks!