Ok we did both actually web form plus file
In my case i was full time my case was genuine. I started studying as follow
2018 winter first semester
2018 summer second semester
2018 fall official drop
2019 winter third semester
2019 summer third semester
2019 fall did two fail subject and passed
I am out of 180 days when i recieved refusal. Now applied for reconsideration and recieved corrrespondance letter. Dont know what will be results

Reactions: Geezg

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
2018 fall official drop
I am out of 180 days when i recieved refusal. Now applied for reconsideration and recieved corrrespondance letter. Dont know what will be results
Your problem is likely that fall 2018 semester you dropped, unless you got an official leave of absence letter from your school.

RavRishi

Jun 12, 2020
2018 fall official drop
ok but we did not receive any letter yet. really worried

RavRishi

Jun 12, 2020
2018 fall official drop
you did reconsideration through web form right?

RavRishi

Jun 12, 2020
you did reconsideration through web form right?
2018 fall official drop
bro you will surely get approval as the ircc only provide correspondance letter when they want to approve the application. best of luck.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You cant take drops & qualify for PGWP even if approved by school, you can only take scheduled breaks these are breaks which are part of the official program schedule i.e everyone goes on brake at that time.

Anmol sandhu

Aug 17, 2017
my case i was full time my case was genuine. I started studying as follow
2018 fall official drop
2019 summer fourt semester

Anmol sandhu

Aug 17, 2017
You cant take drops & qualify for PGWP even if approved by school, you can only take scheduled breaks these are breaks which are part of the official program schedule i.e everyone goes on brake at that time.
2018 fall official drop

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
2018 fall official drop
No, you weren't full-time if you dropped the fall 2018 semester, unless it was approved by your school as a leave of absence for one of a few very specific reasons. If none of those apply to you, you're ineligible for a PGWP, your application for reconsideration will not be accepted, and you should plan to find some other way to stay, or leave Canada.

Anmol sandhu

Aug 17, 2017
No, you weren't full-time if you dropped the fall 2018 semester, unless it was approved by your school as a leave of absence for one of a few very specific reasons. If none of those apply to you, you're ineligible for a PGWP, your application for reconsideration will not be accepted, and you should plan to find some other way to stay, or leave Canada.
Just recieved work permit. Happy moments

Naaz1

Jul 7, 2020
congratulations @Anmol sandhu. I am happy for your PGWP approval. I am in the same situation as you were. I got a refusal on June 26th and I submitted a web form the same day with all the proof and documents for reconsideration. I got an email from the IRCC agent on July 2nd that my reconsideration request has been sent to the officer. I am still waiting for a reply since then. How long do you think I should be waiting? and do you think its a good idea to apply a fresh application?

RavRishi

Jun 12, 2020
congratulations @Anmol sandhu. I am happy for your PGWP approval. I am in the same situation as you were. I got a refusal on June 26th and I submitted a web form the same day with all the proof and documents for reconsideration. I got an email from the IRCC agent on July 2nd that my reconsideration request has been sent to the officer. I am still waiting for a reply since then. How long do you think I should be waiting? and do you think its a good idea to apply a fresh application?
Hi,
we are having the same case refusal on June 11 2020, and applied fresh PGWP work permit on June 19 2020 with explanation letter through consultant and also sent web form.
No update yet received. Still waiting