+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Reconsideration NEED HELP PLEASE!

Aria020711

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
My PGWP got refused on 06 JAN. IRCC said I was not continually fulltime studying.
However, I WAS fulltime continually. So I got a letter from York U and sent a request for reconsideration on 09 Jan.
21 Jan, I got the message from my CIC account, asking me to provide additional documents to continue processing my application-"official letter confirming how many credits were taken for each semester." and the deadline is 28 Jan.
When I was trying to upload it through my CIC account, I couldn't find any link to upload this document. Therefore, I uploaded it by webform on 27 Jan.
on 28 Jan,
I received the email from IRCC, saying "We have forwarded them and the information you provided to the responsible office for their consideration."
Since 28 Jan, I haven't got any responses and updates so far.
Is there still any hope to get my case approved? How long it usually takes to get a response of reconsideration?
Anybody can help me! Appreciate it a lot in advance!

Kay2018

Jan 11, 2018
Newfoundland and Labrador
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-03-2021
My PGWP got refused on 06 JAN. IRCC said I was not continually fulltime studying.
However, I WAS fulltime continually. So I got a letter from York U and sent a request for reconsideration on 09 Jan.
21 Jan, I got the message from my CIC account, asking me to provide additional documents to continue processing my application-"official letter confirming how many credits were taken for each semester." and the deadline is 28 Jan.
When I was trying to upload it through my CIC account, I couldn't find any link to upload this document. Therefore, I uploaded it by webform on 27 Jan.
on 28 Jan,
I received the email from IRCC, saying "We have forwarded them and the information you provided to the responsible office for their consideration."
Since 28 Jan, I haven't got any responses and updates so far.
Is there still any hope to get my case approved? How long it usually takes to get a response of reconsideration?
Anybody can help me! Appreciate it a lot in advance!
Have you tried calling them or submitting a web form?

imb5

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
Yes, I called the call centre, and the agent said they have forward my documents to the responsible office but they cannot guarantee the outcomes.
I’ve had some experience asking for reconsideration, &it took them 10business days to get back to me

imb5

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
I have been waiting for 30 days, does it mean I have no chance?
Nah I think it might be a good thing that they’re taking time to verify your claim! For me they stuck to their original decision & asked me to reapply! But if you’re running out of your 180days timeline, don’t waste your time and reapply for another PGWP with additional documents, just in case. After 180days you might find it hard to apply for anything to stay here other than visitor visa. Stay positive, hope things work out for you! :)

Reactions: Rsingh918

Aria020711

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
Nah I think it might be a good thing that they’re taking time to verify your claim! For me they stuck to their original decision & asked me to reapply! But if you’re running out of your 180days timeline, don’t waste your time and reapply for another PGWP with additional documents, just in case. After 180days you might find it hard to apply for anything to stay here other than visitor visa. Stay positive, hope things work out for you! :)
So I will get back from IRCC whether it is approved or not?

imb5

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
Yea they’ll just let you know if they overturned their decision or if they’re just gonna stick with the refusal! Again if you’re low on 180days, just reapply! Don’t play games with IRCC

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
But I heard the timeline for reconsideration is 30 days
There's no official timeline. Reconsideration is not an official process. Unfortunately it's difficult to say how long you will be waiting before you have a respond. Good luck - hope it works out.

imb5

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
I guess you’ll just have to wait for them to reach to a conclusion or you could always send a CSE asking for decision ASAP! I can’t emphasize enough on “if you’re running out of your 180days time frame, just reapply”

Aria020711

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
I guess you’ll just have to wait for them to reach to a conclusion or you could always send a CSE asking for decision ASAP! I can’t emphasize enough on “if you’re running out of your 180days time frame, just reapply”
Thank you. I have already reapplied by paper. But I still count on the reconsideration:(