+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Reconsideration NEED HELP PLEASE!

STAYDOGGED

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
That's good news!
Could you provide me the reconsideration timeline untill approval?
In my case I submitted webform on 18 July. Got confirmation email on 23rd July. They reopened my file on 29july after submitting the refunded $100 open work permit fee. Since then my status is showing "submitted" and processing. How long did your friend had to wait after paying the 100$ open work permit fee again to get the approval?
how did u submit the refunded fee??

Flyfa

Star Member
Sep 27, 2021
Hello guys I need some advice or suggestion. I have applied for My pgwp last year may and got rejected on March 6, I applied for reconsideration through representative on 17th March and representative got response on April 23 that he did not filled the rep form correctly, so they did not accept his request. So I had to apply myself and representative send one more webform on 26th April. But when I was talking yo agent on call, he put reconsideration note on my file and my file was open by edemnton ircc, but they did not recieve my additional document which I send on my webform on 25th April. The officer decided to stay for his original drcission. And my representative was saying , if officer decide to stay with his original decission , then my webform which has all my document , will also be rejected which I send on 26th April. And I have been out on 6 month applying time line bcoz I got my response after 11 months wait time .. can you'll suggest me some input? What to do? Judicial review is option, or reply bcoz I am still in 90 days period time. And my webform is suppose to reach to them soon if it's not decline , officer just wants to see my commercial pilot lisence, do they reconsider second time? I got letter from them information letter. What do u suggest?

imb5

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
Hello guys I need some advice or suggestion. I have applied for My pgwp last year may and got rejected on March 6, I applied for reconsideration through representative on 17th March and representative got response on April 23 that he did not filled the rep form correctly, so they did not accept his request. So I had to apply myself and representative send one more webform on 26th April. But when I was talking yo agent on call, he put reconsideration note on my file and my file was open by edemnton ircc, but they did not recieve my additional document which I send on my webform on 25th April. The officer decided to stay for his original drcission. And my representative was saying , if officer decide to stay with his original decission , then my webform which has all my document , will also be rejected which I send on 26th April. And I have been out on 6 month applying time line bcoz I got my response after 11 months wait time .. can you'll suggest me some input? What to do? Judicial review is option, or reply bcoz I am still in 90 days period time. And my webform is suppose to reach to them soon if it's not decline , officer just wants to see my commercial pilot lisence, do they reconsider second time? I got letter from them information letter. What do u suggest?
Hey there, I am so sorry that this happened to you. I went through the same process in 2019. I ended up applying for a TRP which I did end up getting. They’re notoriously time consuming and very hard to get. You need a professional that could show that you’re need to stay in canada outweighs the integrity of Canadian immigration system. I would add that I’d a lot of support from the community, and the community wasn’t my nationality or race (idk if that helped shape my case). Before I was granted that permit, the officer who was working on my file called and spoke with me for good 9-10 minutes. She had told me that I should’ve just reapplied for PGWP again, that’s what they meant by 90days restoration period (which is weird cuz I was already above 180days after completion of my studies and had no valid status, which is why my lawyer didn’t apply for PGWP again and chose a safer route). Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Reactions: Flyfa

Sammy93

Jun 8, 2022
Hello guys

I would like to talk to you about my case which is of concern at the moment.

I am graduating this winter 2022, in Master of Engineering, I would like to apply for a Post Graduation Work Permit.

Except that when I consult the eligibility criteria for the PTPD, it is written that
"The student must be enrolled full time in all sessions of study.

I started my studies in the Fall of 2019,

In fact, in Fall 2020 the choice of online courses due to Covid-19 forced me to cancel the Fall 2020 session. Because I wanted to avoid having a failure in my statement. I didn't sit back and do nothing because I opted for the said session to prematurely start writing my master's project. Except that this activity does not count for any credit. So my transcript does not mention the fall 2020 session.

The fall 2021 session started on August 31 and ended on December 16, my study permit + CAQ expired on November 30, I asked for a renewal before the expiration date but the school cancelled my fall 2021 session on December 7, 2021 because I had not yet obtained a CAQ. I obtained it on December 22 and got a study permit extension in January which allowed me to be registered for Winter 2022 to complete my program.

For the Fall 2021 session the school provided me with letters to justify the absence of the said session.

I hope I have been able to explain the situation in detail. Thank you

Summary

Fall 2019 Full-time

Winter 2020 full time

Summer 2020 part-time

Fall 2020 (not voluntarily enrolled due to Covid-19, but working on my Master's thesis early)

Winter 2021 full time

Summer 2021 part-time

Fall 2021 (full time, but cancelled Dec 7, 2021) I have letters from the school

Winter 2022 full time (end of studies)

P.S. my study program allows summer (full time/part time/not enrolled)

I have completed a professional master's degree.

I would like to know if I have a chance of getting this permit, or what are the outcomes I can exploit if my application is rejected.

my student work permit expires on 31 august
CAQ : Québec authorisation of study

sorry for the length

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello guys

I would like to talk to you about my case which is of concern at the moment.

I am graduating this winter 2022, in Master of Engineering, I would like to apply for a Post Graduation Work Permit.

Except that when I consult the eligibility criteria for the PTPD, it is written that
"The student must be enrolled full time in all sessions of study.

I started my studies in the Fall of 2019,

In fact, in Fall 2020 the choice of online courses due to Covid-19 forced me to cancel the Fall 2020 session. Because I wanted to avoid having a failure in my statement. I didn't sit back and do nothing because I opted for the said session to prematurely start writing my master's project. Except that this activity does not count for any credit. So my transcript does not mention the fall 2020 session.

The fall 2021 session started on August 31 and ended on December 16, my study permit + CAQ expired on November 30, I asked for a renewal before the expiration date but the school cancelled my fall 2021 session on December 7, 2021 because I had not yet obtained a CAQ. I obtained it on December 22 and got a study permit extension in January which allowed me to be registered for Winter 2022 to complete my program.

For the Fall 2021 session the school provided me with letters to justify the absence of the said session.

I hope I have been able to explain the situation in detail. Thank you

Summary

Fall 2019 Full-time

Winter 2020 full time

Summer 2020 part-time

Fall 2020 (not voluntarily enrolled due to Covid-19, but working on my Master's thesis early)

Winter 2021 full time

Summer 2021 part-time

Fall 2021 (full time, but cancelled Dec 7, 2021) I have letters from the school

Winter 2022 full time (end of studies)

P.S. my study program allows summer (full time/part time/not enrolled)

I have completed a professional master's degree.

I would like to know if I have a chance of getting this permit, or what are the outcomes I can exploit if my application is rejected.

my student work permit expires on 31 august
CAQ : Québec authorisation of study

sorry for the length
It's really difficult to say what the outcomes will be. Your studies need to be continuous to qualify for a PGWP. You'll just have to apply and see what happens. However I do think you should be prepared for the possibility of refusal due to the two breaks in your studies. I think the first one is quite problematic since it was voluntary. I'm not sure the second one is much better. Anyway - all you can do is apply and hope you get a sympathetic officer. Good luck.

Sammy93

Jun 8, 2022
It's really difficult to say what the outcomes will be. Your studies need to be continuous to qualify for a PGWP. You'll just have to apply and see what happens. However I do think you should be prepared for the possibility of refusal due to the two breaks in your studies. I think the first one is quite problematic since it was voluntary. I'm not sure the second one is much better. Anyway - all you can do is apply and hope you get a sympathetic officer. Good luck.
[/QUOTE
thank you for your reply,
What I have to do if I got refused. Does it exist any possibility to stay here ?

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sure - there are several options to stay. Although they aren't necessarily easy / straight-forward.

- If you're refused, then you'll need to apply to restore your status and you'll also need to stop working immediately once refused.
- If you're refused, you could also look into hiring a lawyer to help you reapply and try to argue your case (you'll still need to restore your status and stop working since you'll be out of status at that point).
- Other options include restoring your status to visitor and then applying for a new study permit to go back to school full time. If you finish another full time program, you can reapply for a PGWP and you'll get a PGWP based on the length of your second program.
- Yet another option would be to restore your status to visitor and then try to find an employer who is willing to give you a job offer and also obtain an approved LMIA. You can then apply for a closed work permit tied to that specific employer.

You have two breaks in your studies. Qualifying for a PGWP requires continuous studies and even one break in your studies is problematic. Given you have two, I think you should be prepared for the strong possibility of refusal. Having said that, definitely try applying and try to argue your case for why the breaks should be overlooked. Good luck.

Sammy93

Jun 8, 2022
I really appreciate your approach and the ideas you have given me, I think I will be positive and prepare myself for this eventuality.

For the study permit and the closed work permit I think about those.

But I just have a suspense I contacted the school they will be able to say I was enrolled full time during Fall 2021, because they closed my Fall 2021 on December 6 only 10 days before the end of the Fall 2021 session. In principle I was full time, except that my CAQ did not cover December 1 to December 22.

But we'll see what the future tells us, and I'll come back here to tell you what the situation is.

Reactions: scylla

Flyfa

Star Member
Sep 27, 2021
Hey there, I am so sorry that this happened to you. I went through the same process in 2019. I ended up applying for a TRP which I did end up getting. They’re notoriously time consuming and very hard to get. You need a professional that could show that you’re need to stay in canada outweighs the integrity of Canadian immigration system. I would add that I’d a lot of support from the community, and the community wasn’t my nationality or race (idk if that helped shape my case). Before I was granted that permit, the officer who was working on my file called and spoke with me for good 9-10 minutes. She had told me that I should’ve just reapplied for PGWP again, that’s what they meant by 90days restoration period (which is weird cuz I was already above 180days after completion of my studies and had no valid status, which is why my lawyer didn’t apply for PGWP again and chose a safer route). Hope this helps!
So did u end up getting pgwp?

Sammy93

Jun 8, 2022
Hello guy
I went to the border yesterday, to flagpole
I was preparing my self for a strong explanation about my studies, I got my PWGP 3 years.
Be sincere, don’t panique.

good luck for those who still waiting

Enitan01

Aug 3, 2022
Hello friends,

I got my PGWP application refused on July 25. The visa officer said “I did not maintain full time student status”.

So, after I read about similar experiences here, I got a letter of explanation from my school which stated clearly that my program was full time program and that I maintained full time status.

I then submitted a Request for Reconsideration on July 28 via a Web Form, but I am yet to get an acknowledgment or a response. I equally sent an email to IRCC Ottawa office, requesting for expedited review on compassionate ground.

Please what more can I do?

I have a good job offer that I was supposed to resume today August 2, 2022. But currently, I cannot, because of non status.

What are my options please? Can I go to a border to explain to them/flagpole? I’m thinking this is not possible since I already got a refusal and I have no status in Canada currently?

Thanks

Reactions: Geezg

Nikhilm6720

Aug 11, 2022
Hi when did you requested for a reconsideration. Actually I was give only one year of pgwp after studying two years. I requested reconsideration on march 29th on april 29th i got email that documents were added and will be reviewed shortly. But I did not got any response on reconsideration.Is ircc responding to reconsideration requested ? Did your reconsideration got answer if so can you please tell timeline

Geezg

Nov 16, 2022
Hello friends,

I got my PGWP application refused on July 25. The visa officer said “I did not maintain full time student status”.

So, after I read about similar experiences here, I got a letter of explanation from my school which stated clearly that my program was full time program and that I maintained full time status.

I then submitted a Request for Reconsideration on July 28 via a Web Form, but I am yet to get an acknowledgment or a response. I equally sent an email to IRCC Ottawa office, requesting for expedited review on compassionate ground.

I have a good job offer that I was supposed to resume today August 2, 2022. But currently, I cannot, because of non status.

What are my options please? Can I go to a border to explain to them/flagpole? I’m thinking this is not possible since I already got a refusal and I have no status in Canada currently?

Thanks
Hello friends,

I have a good job offer that I was
Hello friends,

I got my PGWP application refused
Hello friends,

Thanks
hi there
You can’t go to the border because you dont have status. Any update on your application.??