+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Extension Public policy 2022

leedh

May 17, 2022
yes choose worker because you are an implied worker status. The other is if you need to restore.
Hi! What if I applied for visitor record? I am on implied visitor status since i applied for visitor record before my PGWP expired. Do i need to select 'visitor' as my status? If so, what do i need to fill in the 'from' and 'to' dates?

Fabiog

Mar 22, 2017
Hi! What if I applied for visitor record? I am on implied visitor status since I applied for a visitor record before my PGWP expired. Do i need to select 'visitor' as my status? If so, what do i need to fill in the 'from' and 'to' dates?
well, you are not a worker anymore but on implied visitor status so selecting visitor makes sense. the from date I entered the day after my pgwp expired (since this was when my visitor kicked in) and the To date we don't know when the visitor will be approved so I just wrote 6 months from now since thats how much time I asked for.

jolly11

Oct 27, 2021
So, if i am on maintained status as a Worker, what i understand we need to select the status as "Worker" but what should be the "FROM" and "To" dates?

Should the "FROM" date be the starting date of my PGWP or the starting date of my maintained status ?

Fabiog

Mar 22, 2017
So, if i am on maintained status as a Worker, what i understand we need to select the status as "Worker" but what should be the "FROM" and "To" dates?

Should the "FROM" date be the starting date of my PGWP or the starting date of my maintained status ?
From should be when you first became a worker in Canada and the TO can be that date you received in the letter to maintain your stay as a worker

prachiprabhu2824

Jan 17, 2022
Hi All,

I am new to forum and need some help with new policy of 18 months pgwp.

1) My PGWP has expired on 24th June 2022 and have no status in canada .
2) i applied for open work permit under 18 months pwgp policy.
3) currently i am staying in ontario and want to relocate to PEI due to job opportunities . will i be able to change province with expire visa status
4) At domestic airports will they ask for valid visa documents to travel

Reactions: Fabiog

XinZzzzz

Nov 14, 2020
In the application, should we just upload the proof of payment in the payment section or we need to write a letter to explain why we were exempted first then put the payment screenshot inside that letter?
Thank you

prachiprabhu2824

Jan 17, 2022
you should be uploading proof of payment in the application as there is separate tab to upload it . and you shall also paste it in your explanation letter as its mentioned on official sites of IRCC

jolly11

Oct 27, 2021
i don't think you need to upload it also with the letter of explanation that we need to submit. only uploading the receipt in the payment section is fine. May be put a explanation in the payment section and attach the receipt along with it.no where in the official websites it is written that we need also attach a copy of the receipt along with the letter that we need to submit in the client information section

Last edited:

Mandalorian

Nov 21, 2019
winnipeg
NOC Code......
Hi All,

I am new to forum and need some help with new policy of 18 months pgwp.

1) My PGWP has expired on 24th June 2022 and have no status in canada .
2) i applied for open work permit under 18 months pwgp policy.
3) currently i am staying in ontario and want to relocate to PEI due to job opportunities . will i be able to change province with expire visa status
4) At domestic airports will they ask for valid visa documents to travel
4- They do not ask for visa documents during domestic travel. As long as you have a Canadian ID proof(Driving license, Ontario Photo card etc)

Reactions: prachiprabhu2824

jolly11

Oct 27, 2021
i don't think you need to upload it also with the letter of explanation that we need to submit. only uploading the receipt in the payment section is fine. May be put a explanation in the payment section and attach the receipt along with it.no where in the official websites it is written that we need also attach a copy of the receipt along with the letter that we need to submit in the client information section
please confirm members if i am correct

XinZzzzz

Nov 14, 2020
There are some programs under which applicants are exempt from fees. Applicants who are exempt from paying fees do not need to make a payment for their online application.

Find out more about fee exemptions in Part 19 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. Claiming that you qualify for a fee exemption when you do not under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act will result in delays in processing, or possible refusal of your application.

If you were provided with a letter stating you are exempt from paying fees, please provide it. If you were not provided with such a letter, please provide a written explanation as to why you are exempt, with supporting documents, if applicable.

the above is the detail section for the proof of payment. it says we need to provide a letter to explain why we are exempt. It's confusing whether we really need to upload a letter in here to explain why and if we upload only letter in here, then we can only upload the proof of payment in the client information. But if we upload the proof of payment in client information, then there's no place for the letter that says you’re applying for an open work permit under the Public Policy
So it's confusing to me

jolly11

Oct 27, 2021
There are some programs under which applicants are exempt from fees. Applicants who are exempt from paying fees do not need to make a payment for their online application.

Find out more about fee exemptions in Part 19 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. Claiming that you qualify for a fee exemption when you do not under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act will result in delays in processing, or possible refusal of your application.

If you were provided with a letter stating you are exempt from paying fees, please provide it. If you were not provided with such a letter, please provide a written explanation as to why you are exempt, with supporting documents, if applicable.

the above is the detail section for the proof of payment. it says we need to provide a letter to explain why we are exempt. It's confusing whether we really need to upload a letter in here to explain why and if we upload only letter in here, then we can only upload the proof of payment in the client information. But if we upload the proof of payment in client information, then there's no place for the letter that says you’re applying for an open work permit under the Public Policy
So it's confusing to me
i have added a letter in the payment section and attached the receipt along with it. Members please confirm if that's correct.

Reactions: Fabiog

Fabiog

Mar 22, 2017
i have added a letter in the payment section and attached the receipt along with it. Members please confirm if that's correct.
From the IRCC website:

Upload the correct documents
You need to include the documents listed in your application, including

• a letter that says you’re applying for an open work permit under the Public Policy Facilitating the Issuance of an Open Work Permit to Former or Current Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) Holders
  • a copy of your fees receipt
I have read of some people adding this fee receipt in the Fee exemption section or in the client information section. what matters is you upload this receipt somewhere. You can create word document with explanation letters + fee receipt in one document.

Last edited:

Fabiog

Mar 22, 2017
But if we upload the proof of payment in client information, then there's no place for the letter that says you’re applying for an open work permit under the Public Policy
So it's confusing to me
You can merge documents into one single file , that's how I did my original PGWP.

Reactions: prachiprabhu2824