+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Extension Public policy 2022

eliziebasa

Mar 28, 2020
Hey guys!
Finally today PGWP extension policy is here.
I am creating this thread so that we all can have discussion about the next steps and make the extension process smoother.

My situation : My PGWP expired in March 2022 and I applied for PGWP extension. I am on implied status.
Should I withdraw the current extension application and then apply under this new policy?
Or let both applications stay in the system and let IRCC handle it themselves. Not sure what to do.

blitz123

May 26, 2022
Hey guys!
Finally today PGWP extension policy is here.
I am creating this thread so that we all can have discussion about the next steps and make the extension process smoother.

My situation : My PGWP expired in March 2022 and I applied for PGWP extension. I am on implied status.
Should I withdraw the current extension application and then apply under this new policy?
Or let both applications stay in the system and let IRCC handle it themselves. Not sure what to do.
There's one complication though, since your PGWP already expired on March when you apply under the new policy they will prompt you to apply to restore your status, but they didn't seem to consider the case that some people might have already applied for other extensions and are on implied status.

Really not sure what to do here...

chichi9496

Nov 28, 2021
There's one complication though, since your PGWP already expired on March when you apply under the new policy they will prompt you to apply to restore your status, but they didn't seem to consider the case that some people might have already applied for other extensions and are on implied status.

I have the same question...guess we'll just have to wait till August 8th to see what the letter says

Reactions: blitz123

Raghunath Reddy

Nov 21, 2019
Hello guys,

The expiry date of my PGWP is 8th May 2022. I applied for a work permit extension before the expiry date of my PGWP and I am on implied status now.
I am also not sure what is the process for people who have already applied for restoration. I hope the information evolves in the coming days.

ShinyHaley

Aug 3, 2022
I am also want to apply for the PGWP extension. However, I already applied for BOWP last week..
Should I withdraw the application ? Do you know that I can apply for PGWP extension with my family or not?.. Pleas let me know :)

jolly11

Oct 27, 2021
Me on the same boat. I am confused what option to select for the question what is your current status in Canada.

1. I have valid temporary resisdence status
2. My status expired in the last 90 days
3. My status expired more than 90 days

My PGWP expired on July 2022, and I am currently on implied status. What option are you guyz (those on implied status)planning to select in the above case?

Raghunath Reddy

Nov 21, 2019
Me on the same boat. I am confused what option to select for the question what is your current status in Canada.

My PGWP expired on July 2022, and I am currently on implied status. What option are you guyz (those on implied status)planning to select in the above case?
I think you should select 2.

Fabiog

Mar 22, 2017

no matter which option you choose the next page is always the same....

eliziebasa

Mar 28, 2020

Thanks for the information. Do you think the implied status will go away and will have to stop work after I send status restoration application along with new PGWP extension?

jolly11

Oct 27, 2021
Hi everyone,
So, in the IMM 5710 form there is question "What is your current country of residence" . In addition, it asks us to put the dates. Should I put the expiry date of my PGWP or the date in the WP-EXT PGWP letter. I previously applied to extend PGWP like my other fellow mates to buy some time before the start of this new policy

Punia80536

Nov 28, 2017
Hi everyone,
So, in the IMM 5710 form there is question "What is your current country of residence" . In addition, it asks us to put the dates. Should I put the expiry date of my PGWP or the date in the WP-EXT PGWP letter. I previously applied to extend PGWP like my other fellow mates to buy some time before the start of this new policy
Did you find solution for restoration things?