+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Extension Public policy 2022

jolly11

Oct 27, 2021
From the IRCC website:

Upload the correct documents
You need to include the documents listed in your application, including

• a letter that says you’re applying for an open work permit under the Public Policy Facilitating the Issuance of an Open Work Permit to Former or Current Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) Holders
  • a copy of your fees receipt
I have read of some people adding this fee receipt in the Fee exemption section or in the client information section. what matters is you upload this receipt somewhere. You can create word document with explanation letters + fee receipt in one document.
So you mean we can upload it in the fee exemption section as well right? Its not compulsory that we have to upload it in the client section. either section works. correct?

XinZzzzz

Nov 14, 2020
i have added a letter in the payment section and attached the receipt along with it. Members please confirm if that's correct.
that's what I thought what we should do but want to confirm because I saw a video on YouTube saying just upload the receipt in the exemption part without letter

prachiprabhu2824

Jan 17, 2022
There are some programs under which applicants are exempt from fees. Applicants who are exempt from paying fees do not need to make a payment for their online application.

Find out more about fee exemptions in Part 19 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. Claiming that you qualify for a fee exemption when you do not under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act will result in delays in processing, or possible refusal of your application.

If you were provided with a letter stating you are exempt from paying fees, please provide it. If you were not provided with such a letter, please provide a written explanation as to why you are exempt, with supporting documents, if applicable.

the above is the detail section for the proof of payment. it says we need to provide a letter to explain why we are exempt. It's confusing whether we really need to upload a letter in here to explain why and if we upload only letter in here, then we can only upload the proof of payment in the client information. But if we upload the proof of payment in client information, then there's no place for the letter that says you’re applying for an open work permit under the Public Policy
So it's confusing to me
What i have done with my application is, its just a word document with subject line pen work permit under the Public Policy and i have used the same lines and structure in letter body. clubbed interim work auth email ,fee receipt and expired work permit as a pdf and uploaded .

prachiprabhu2824

Jan 17, 2022
has anyone received update on 18 months extension pgwp policy
i am sorry to repost it .. but has anyone got any updates on this as those who have received an email with interim work authorization falls in round one..
I got an email today that application is updated but no changes in it . i think my UCI is reflected in application

Dhaliwal91

Aug 24, 2022
I have already applied for bowp on 28 march 2022 can i apply for this policy and do i need to withdraw my bowp file if i apply for this one

Fabiog

Mar 22, 2017
what matters in your letter of explanation you mention where did you upload this Fee receipt.....
i am sorry to repost it .. but has anyone got any updates on this as those who have received an email with interim work authorization falls in round one..
I got an email today that application is updated but no changes in it . i think my UCI is reflected in application
work permit processing is currently 154 days
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

I am hoping they process this by november

jolly11

Oct 27, 2021
So after submitting your application online how many emails have you got from IRCC? and also the name of the email.

prachiprabhu2824

Jan 17, 2022
So after submitting your application online how many emails have you got from IRCC? and also the name of the email.
After submitting application i just got one where my biometric is updated .. I have not received an email any temporary work permit to work as well .. i don't know why .. may be because i have two active application in the system .. As i applied in month of May for PGWP extn since my pgwp expired on 24th june...
its so much of mess and confusion... I am not even sure if i shall withdraw first application or not ...

Mandalorian

Nov 21, 2019
winnipeg
NOC Code......
After submitting application i just got one where my biometric is updated .. I have not received an email any temporary work permit to work as well .. i don't know why .. may be because i have two active application in the system .. As i applied in month of May for PGWP extn since my pgwp expired on 24th june...
its so much of mess and confusion... I am not even sure if i shall withdraw first application or not ...
Hey there, my pgwp expired on June and I too applied for WP application on May 2022. I too have two active applications. My lawyer said my 1st application will most likely get rejected and the PGWP Ext that I applied second will get approved whenever they pick it up. So, don't worry too much about it and just wait.

Reactions: prachiprabhu2824

HM94

Jun 27, 2022
Hi,

My PGWP is expiring in December 2022. I am supposed to get additional 20 months since I only got PGWP for 16 months due to my passport expiry (mentioned in WP). I got my passport renewed earlier this year and applied for a paper-based PGWP extension on June 22, 2022 ( this is the date IRCC received my file in the mail). I was able to link this file in the online application for tracking purposes, There has been no update apart from biometrics on it ever since which is understandable since the waiting time is around 140 days.

In August 2022, I received a mail from IRCC that I am eligible under this new PGWP extension policy and they provided me with the interim work authorization until May 2023. Then I got another mail that my passport is getting expired and advised me to get it updated soon and wait for further instructions. Now since I already have an application in place, is it gonna affect my candidature? Also Ideally, I am supposed to receive another 20 months of PGWP. Should I just wait for further processing or take any steps now? FYI, I also submitted a PR (CEC) application last week.

thanks

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
Hi,

My PGWP is expiring in December 2022. I am supposed to get additional 20 months since I only got PGWP for 16 months due to my passport expiry (mentioned in WP). I got my passport renewed earlier this year and applied for a paper-based PGWP extension on June 22, 2022 ( this is the date IRCC received my file in the mail). I was able to link this file in the online application for tracking purposes, There has been no update apart from biometrics on it ever since which is understandable since the waiting time is around 140 days.

In August 2022, I received a mail from IRCC that I am eligible under this new PGWP extension policy and they provided me with the interim work authorization until May 2023. Then I got another mail that my passport is getting expired and advised me to get it updated soon and wait for further instructions. Now since I already have an application in place, is it gonna affect my candidature? Also Ideally, I am supposed to receive another 20 months of PGWP. Should I just wait for further processing or take any steps now? FYI, I also submitted a PR (CEC) application last week.

thanks
If I remember correctly, PGWPs expiring after Oct 2022 get automatically renewed. You will only have to update the passport details once they post the instructions on how to do it.

If the automatic renewal of the PGWP happens before your extension application gets picked up for processing, it might get cancelled, and you should be able to continue working with the Open Work Permit that IRCC provides for 18 months.

If your PGWP extension application gets approved (with 20 months) before the Open Work permit arrives from IRCC, you may or may not get the Open Work Permit for 18 months. Even if you get it, I believe you can work for the full 20 months provided through your PGWP.

I don't think you should do anything at this point except updating your passport details when they ask you to do it.

Reactions: HM94

jt9191

Jan 3, 2022
Hey everyone! I got the email stating that I'm able to work interim until May 31, 2023. However, after submitting my application, I got another letter stating that I'll be able to continue working interim until December 28, 2022 or until a decision is made on my application. Has anyone else gotten something similar? I find it a bit contradictory.

HM94

Jun 27, 2022
If I remember correctly, PGWPs expiring after Oct 2022 get automatically renewed. You will only have to update the passport details once they post the instructions on how to do it.

If the automatic renewal of the PGWP happens before your extension application gets picked up for processing, it might get cancelled, and you should be able to continue working with the Open Work Permit that IRCC provides for 18 months.

If your PGWP extension application gets approved (with 20 months) before the Open Work permit arrives from IRCC, you may or may not get the Open Work Permit for 18 months. Even if you get it, I believe you can work for the full 20 months provided through your PGWP.

I don't think you should do anything at this point except updating your passport details when they ask you to do it.
Thanks for the information. I appreciate the detailed response.

Reactions: santzapaul