+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Extension Public policy 2022

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
Thanks for the information. I appreciate the detailed response.
Just FYI, my PGWP extension got approved yesterday. I originally got 1.5 years instead of 3 years due to passport expiry. My application reached them on May 19th. So, you should expect your PGWP approval in the next month. All the best!

HM94

Jun 27, 2022
Just FYI, my PGWP extension got approved yesterday. I originally got 1.5 years instead of 3 years due to passport expiry. My application reached them on May 19th. So, you should expect your PGWP approval in the next month. All the best!
Oh, that's great. Congratulations on your approval:D. My application reached them on June 22nd, So judging by your timeline, it would probably take another month. Thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: santzapaul

prachiprabhu2824

Jan 17, 2022
I applied on May 5th No response so far

MAJCanada

Sep 9, 2022
Hi guys, so my PGWP expires January 27, 2023 but the new extension policy only seems to consider expired PGWP up until Dec 31st, 2022.

• I’m considering just applying to renew my PGWP anyways (under this PGWP extension policy they have going on) and add a letter of explanation detailing my situation? Is this adviceable to do?

I have no other option on what to do since there’s nothing catered towards permits expiring beyond 2022 and mine unfortunately expires 27days after.

Is anyone else is my situation? And if so what measures have you taken or are planning to take?

Thank you in advance.

HM94

Jun 27, 2022
Hi Just FYI, I got the approval today based on the extension, I applied for in June. Now, I believe I won't be further considered for this PGWP extension policy.

Reactions: santzapaul

HM94

Jun 27, 2022
Hi guys, so my PGWP expires January 27, 2023 but the new extension policy only seems to consider expired PGWP up until Dec 31st, 2022.

• I’m considering just applying to renew my PGWP anyways (under this PGWP extension policy they have going on) and add a letter of explanation detailing my situation? Is this adviceable to do?

I have no other option on what to do since there’s nothing catered towards permits expiring beyond 2022 and mine unfortunately expires 27days after.

Is anyone else is my situation? And if so what measures have you taken or are planning to take?

Thank you in advance.
They are only considering these extensions for the PGWPs which are expiring before the end of this year. Not to discourage you but it's highly unlikely, that they would consider your case any different.

You can apply for an extension to buy some extra time, maybe if you are hoping to get ITA in the coming draws or something. If you already have a PR application in progress, you can just apply for a Bridge Open Work permit. Feel free to drop me a message if you need any info or anything. All the best!

Raghunath Reddy

Nov 21, 2019
Has anyone applied for their family member's extension along with their application for PGWP ext, If yes, please let me know how you paid the fee for family member?

XinZzzzz

Nov 14, 2020
Hey everyone! I got the email stating that I'm able to work interim until May 31, 2023. However, after submitting my application, I got another letter stating that I'll be able to continue working interim until December 28, 2022 or until a decision is made on my application. Has anyone else gotten something similar? I find it a bit contradictory.
After I submitted my application I got the same message saying I'm authorized to work until January 2023 or the decision is made. Does anyone know how it works and why?

XinZzzzz

Nov 14, 2020
After I submitted my application I got the same message saying I'm authorized to work until January 2023 or the decision is made. Does anyone know how it works and why?
I went through IRCC website and found out the reason.
Under this page, https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/after-apply.html, it says
"
Why there’s an expiry date on the letter
Your letter automatically lists an expiry date that’s 120 days from the date we receive your application. The letter expires in 120 days because

• it’s the service standard to process this type of application
  • many employers and health insurance providers will ask for proof that you’re allowed to work
    • an expiry date helps satisfy their concerns about your status and authorization to work in Canada
"

Kuldeep gill

Star Member
Jan 19, 2020
Has anyone got their work permit in mail? Mine is expiring on November 16 and My information was all up to date so I am eligible for round 1 but I haven’t received it yet my employer already started asking me for updated immigration document?