+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Extension Public policy 2022

AnjaliP

Star Member
Sep 14, 2022
Yes I am having hard time to send a picture so anyways I think you are right my consultant probably have the full access I am going to ask him now. The application number that I have is starts with the E.
Ya I think it should be ok, let’s wait and watch we cannot do much about it. I’m so stressed with the processing times now, it is ridiculous.

AnjaliP

Star Member
Sep 14, 2022
Yeah and now this work permit is extra stress, don’t know when they will send in mail.
Yes for me too. Mine expires on Dec12
Frustrating with these processing times and the procedures they follow.
Not sure how they prioritize seriously and they raise hopes for the Outlanders that’s the sad part.

Nov 2, 2022
Hello All,

I am currently in the express entry pool in CEC category with CRS score of 465. It’s been more than 2 years I finished my Master’s and (approximately 32 months) Currently I have 17 months of experience as software engineer. My PGWP expires in April 2023 on exact same day I get 2 years of experience. I am working in Ontario and job is based in Ontario. Not really planning to move to other provinces.

1) Could I please get any suggestions on how to extend my PGWP or get an open work permit, as I know there is none that exists or I am qualified.
2) Other than asking my employer for LMIA, is there any other options.
Also If I apply for pgwp extension. Can I work if I am in implied status? Please let me know.

Thanks a lot.

AnjaliP

Star Member
Sep 14, 2022
Hello All,

I am currently in the express entry pool in CEC category with CRS score of 465. It’s been more than 2 years I finished my Master’s and (approximately 32 months) Currently I have 17 months of experience as software engineer. My PGWP expires in April 2023 on exact same day I get 2 years of experience. I am working in Ontario and job is based in Ontario. Not really planning to move to other provinces.

1) Could I please get any suggestions on how to extend my PGWP or get an open work permit, as I know there is none that exists or I am qualified.
2) Other than asking my employer for LMIA, is there any other options.
Also If I apply for pgwp extension. Can I work if I am in implied status? Please let me know.

Thanks a lot.
As per my knowledge & opinion
1) It is clear that you are not eligible for the new public policy for 18 months WP
2) You can still apply for bridging Work permit stating your status clearly in the LOE since the processing times are anyways high as of now so you can borrow sometime to get a draw. Fortunately if you receive invitation to apply for PR then you can submit a web form saying you got the invitation and you applied already so chances are high to get Bridging OWP.
3) You can always work if any of your application is under process and waiting for the final decision unlesyour employer understands the immigration clearly.
Few points to always remember is
DONOT waste valuable time for any kind of documentation. Prepare in advance for IELTS, PCC from your birth country, WES etc. those take lot of time.
I don’t know about Ontario’s PNP and how many points you have to apply for it but if you reach the points you do not need LMIA, but you need a letter from your employer saying your job is indeterminate, business license, reference letter etc.
If you don’t have enough points for PNP then ask for employer’s support to apply for LMIA if it’s possible. I know it’s not easy to ask but if nothing works that’s the only choice.

Disclaimer: These are all my personal opinions only, I’m not an expert so please consult an expert if needed.

Nov 2, 2022
Thank you for your info. But if the bridge work permit also gets rejected, I don’t have any otter option than asking for LMIA. I guess no employer will be able to provide that easily.
I will explore further. Thanks a lot.
As per my knowledge & opinion
1) It is clear that you are not eligible for the new public policy for 18 months WP
2) You can still apply for bridging Work permit stating your status clearly in the LOE since the processing times are anyways high as of now so you can borrow sometime to get a draw. Fortunately if you receive invitation to apply for PR then you can submit a web form saying you got the invitation and you applied already so chances are high to get Bridging OWP.
3) You can always work if any of your application is under process and waiting for the final decision unlesyour employer understands the immigration clearly.
Few points to always remember is
DONOT waste valuable time for any kind of documentation. Prepare in advance for IELTS, PCC from your birth country, WES etc. those take lot of time.
I don’t know about Ontario’s PNP and how many points you have to apply for it but if you reach the points you do not need LMIA, but you need a letter from your employer saying your job is indeterminate, business license, reference letter etc.
If you don’t have enough points for PNP then ask for employer’s support to apply for LMIA if it’s possible. I know it’s not easy to ask but if nothing works that’s the only choice.

Disclaimer: These are all my personal opinions only, I’m not an expert so please consult an expert if needed.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your info. But if the bridge work permit also gets rejected, I don’t have any otter option than asking for LMIA. I guess no employer will be able to provide that easily.
I will explore further. Thanks a lot.
Have you maxed out your English language test scores?

Kuldeep gill

Star Member
Jan 19, 2020
Yes for me too. Mine expires on Dec12
Frustrating with these processing times and the procedures they follow.
Not sure how they prioritize seriously and they raise hopes for the Outlanders that’s the sad part.
I called IRCC today and they said if you don’t get it by NOV 15 then just apply online so you don’t get out of status because my pgwp is expiring on NOV 16. So I would I have to apply online even though I am eligible for round 1 just because they are running behind.

AnjaliP

Star Member
Sep 14, 2022
Ya just wait until Nov14th, keep all docs ready and apply on Nov 15th before 12am that’s fine. Even I kept all my docs ready so I’ll wait until Dec 10 and apply. Nothing else we can do.

so damn frustrating

Kuldeep gill

Star Member
Jan 19, 2020
Ya just wait until Nov14th, keep all docs ready and apply on Nov 15th before 12am that’s fine. Even I kept all my docs ready so I’ll wait until Dec 10 and apply. Nothing else we can do.

so damn frustrating
Yes very unfair. I have a question regarding biometrics for PR application. When I applied for PR I only paid my own biometrics fees and didn’t paid fee for my spouse because he already gave his biometrics when We applied for his Spouse open work permit which was refused. But I got to know that we have to give biometrics for permanent residence application even though our previous biometrics are still valid? Is that true? IRCC didn’t asked for my husband’s biometrics they only asked for mine for PR is that because we didn’t pay the fees for him? Or because he didn’t needed because he has given them before? Please let me know if you know.

AnjaliP

Star Member
Sep 14, 2022
Yes very unfair. I have a question regarding biometrics for PR application. When I applied for PR I only paid my own biometrics fees and didn’t paid fee for my spouse because he already gave his biometrics when We applied for his Spouse open work permit which was refused. But I got to know that we have to give biometrics for permanent residence application even though our previous biometrics are still valid? Is that true? IRCC didn’t asked for my husband’s biometrics they only asked for mine for PR is that because we didn’t pay the fees for him? Or because he didn’t needed because he has given them before? Please let me know if you know.
As far as I know, you do not need to give biometrics if you have given in last 10years and yes they didn’t ask because you would have mentioned in your application that he already did it before (exempted to do one).Biometrics request and medicals request is sent electronically not an Immigration officer sends it. When the immigration office actually checks your application, if they still Need biometrics they will request to do it, 99% they should not ask within 10years. From my experience, it’s not a big issue.

Kuldeep gill

Star Member
Jan 19, 2020
Okay yes we submitted my spouse’s biometrics validity letter with our application. Thank you. Another question can I link my PR application with my GC key by the application number that is written on biometrics request letter?

AnjaliP

Star Member
Sep 14, 2022
Okay yes we submitted my spouse’s biometrics validity letter with our application. Thank you. Another question can I link my PR application with my GC key by the application number that is written on biometrics request letter?
yes if you have the application no., then you can do it but not sure if you can because of your representative access. Ask them,if it’s possible or you can try linking

Kuldeep gill

Star Member
Jan 19, 2020
Yes I will try to link. the GC key page is not available today so I would try later. And for our work permit I thought we don’t have to apply online and we would stay in status even after our initial ones expire because of those letters they sent us. One of the letters says you can keep working till may 2023 even your work permit expires before that. But the IRCC agent said you should apply now Otherwise you would be out of status, this is very unacceptable.