+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Extension Public policy 2022

AnjaliP

Star Member
Sep 14, 2022
Yes I will try to link. the GC key page is not available today so I would try later. And for our work permit I thought we don’t have to apply online and we would stay in status even after our initial ones expire because of those letters they sent us. One of the letters says you can keep working till may 2023 even your work permit expires before that. But the IRCC agent said you should apply now Otherwise you would be out of status, this is very unacceptable.
Ya you are right!! It should be ok until May,2023 since we have the email. They don’t know what they do. Better to apply anyways so we will get the hard copy. I’m not sure if they gonna refund the money

Kuldeep gill

Star Member
Jan 19, 2020
Ya you are right!! It should be ok until May,2023 since we have the email. They don’t know what they do. Better to apply anyways so we will get the hard copy. I’m not sure if they gonna refund the money
Yes its better to apply so in that we will be sure from our side that we are getting a hard copy and we an implied status

Reactions: AnjaliP

AnjaliP

Star Member
Sep 14, 2022
Did they asked for medical for your PR application? They sent medical request for my husband today but they didn’t ask for mine.
I did upfront so they just updated the application as Medicals passed. If you, the primary applicant you should give upfront medicals right ?

Kuldeep gill

Star Member
Jan 19, 2020
No for PNP PR its not mandatory to give upfront but we can if we want to otherwise we only provide when they request for it. They are not even asking for it anymore. I think there are some rules for people who have given in past they are not asking for them. My husband and I both gave our medicals in past but they asked for him again now but they didn’t requested mine.

AnjaliP

Star Member
Sep 14, 2022
No for PNP PR its not mandatory to give upfront but we can if we want to otherwise we only provide when they request for it. They are not even asking for it anymore. I think there are some rules for people who have given in past they are not asking for them. My husband and I both gave our medicals in past but they asked for him again now but they didn’t requested mine.
Oh ya I forgot!! I think it’s a temporary rule that medicals is valid for 5yr until Oct,2024.

Reactions: Kuldeep gill

AnjaliP

Star Member
Sep 14, 2022
Oh ya I forgot!! I think it’s a temporary rule that medicals is valid for 5yr until Oct,2024.
Hi dear,
Any luck with the WP hard copy ?
If not, did you apply online ?
I’m wondering if they gonna refund us the processing fee?? may be we need to mention in the LOE that we are applying through the public policy ??

Link below has the process on how to apply

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/post-graduation-work-permit-holders/apply-in-canada.html

As per the link it says We must pay the WP processing fee $155, I don’t know how they do it for eligible candidates.
Please let me know if you have any info. Thanks

Kuldeep gill

Star Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hi no hard copy yet but I applied mine yesterday. I actually paid 255 because we are eligible for BOWP too and also I mentioned that I am applying under public policy. I also included the letter they sent us in the application. They will issue us refund but just to be on the safe side I paid full fees. They can issue us under 1 of the two categories that we meet the requirements for. I am not really worried about any fees or refund but I am really worried about work permit that We should have gotten in October. My employer doesn’t accept any letters from IRCC they only accept actual work permit and I am scared of losing my Job.

AnjaliP

Star Member
Sep 14, 2022
Oh no!!! That’s not good. Try to explain your employer and show him the email.
I’ll apply too in few days. This is ridiculous to not to send the work permit yet.

hope you get it soon.

Kuldeep gill

Star Member
Jan 19, 2020
Oh no!!! That’s not good. Try to explain your employer and show him the email.
I’ll apply too in few days. This is ridiculous to not to send the work permit yet.

hope you get it soon.
Yes I sent them the PDF I got from IRCC and explained them how it works but HR is still keep sending me emails when you are getting your hard copy like 1 email every week. I hope they don’t take long to send us hard copy.

AnjaliP

Star Member
Sep 14, 2022
Yes I sent them the PDF I got from IRCC and explained them how it works but HR is still keep sending me emails when you are getting your hard copy like 1 email every week. I hope they don’t take long to send us hard copy.
For you, I think you should definitely get it soon since you didn’t get any ACTION REQUIRED email like me.
I’m not sure about mine, I got action required email and didn’t do anything since I didn’t knew if something needs to be done.
For sure you will get yours if everything is up to date may be it’s just the delay from immigration side as usual.

AnjaliP

Star Member
Sep 14, 2022
For you, I think you should definitely get it soon since you didn’t get any ACTION REQUIRED email like me.
I’m not sure about mine, I got action required email and didn’t do anything since I didn’t knew if something needs to be done.
For sure you will get yours if everything is up to date may be it’s just the delay from immigration side as usual.
Do you know someone who got it already ?
I don’t know anyone similar case as so no
Idea

Kuldeep gill

Star Member
Jan 19, 2020
Do you know someone who got it already ?
I don’t know anyone similar case as so no
Idea
Yes I even called IRCC 3 times and they said we can see that you are eligible but we are just running behind. For the action required email We got it during my husband’s visitor visa application and When we opened portal it just showed that they sent us biometrics validity letter and there was actually no action required from our side we even got his visa last week. So it’s usually when IRCC update something it says action required even though there is no action required from our side. But you can always call IRCC to confirm if you have any doubts.

AnjaliP

Star Member
Sep 14, 2022
Yes I even called IRCC 3 times and they said we can see that you are eligible but we are just running behind. For the action required email We got it during my husband’s visitor visa application and When we opened portal it just showed that they sent us biometrics validity letter and there was actually no action required from our side we even got his visa last week. So it’s usually when IRCC update something it says action required even though there is no action required from our side. But you can always call IRCC to confirm if you have any doubts.
I tried to call IRCC but somehow it doesn’t work. Which no. You call ?