+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP and Spouse Open Work Permit Extension

San1234_ind

Dec 28, 2019
SOWP Extension

Hello everyone,

I need your assistance. My study permit expires on 30th sept 2020 and I’ll complete my studies by April 2020. My husband is on sowp which expires same as my study permit and he is working under NOC A skill type job. I know that I should be having an offer letter and paystubs for me to extend his sowp. The problem is that I can’t work till August because I’m pregnant. So, can I apply pgwp and sowp extension together without my offer letter ?
Or Do we need to change the status from sowp to visitor ?

any suggestions?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
SOWP Extension

Hello everyone,

I need your assistance. My study permit expires on 30th sept 2020 and I’ll complete my studies by April 2020. My husband is on sowp which expires same as my study permit and he is working under NOC A skill type job. I know that I should be having an offer letter and paystubs for me to extend his sowp. The problem is that I can’t work till August because I’m pregnant. So, can I apply pgwp and sowp extension together without my offer letter ?

any suggestions?
If you don't have a skilled job and 3 payslips, he can't apply for a work permit.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
SOWP Extension

Hello everyone,

any suggestions?
Yes he will have to switch to visitor and stop working when his OWP ends. Not sure what province you are in or when you are due but at some point your health coverage from your student permit will end and in some provinces you will not have access to health insurance until you have longterm employment plus potentially a wait period of up to 3 months. This could be an issue especially during the postpartum period.

San1234_ind

Dec 28, 2019
Yes he will have to switch to visitor and stop working when his OWP ends. Not sure what province you are in or when you are due but at some point your health coverage from your student permit will end and in some provinces you will not have access to health insurance until you have longterm employment plus potentially a wait period of up to 3 months. This could be an issue especially during the postpartum period.

Thanks. Just wanted to check if there is any other alternate apart from visitor. I’ve my health insurance till August.

Harvish

Jan 1, 2020
Hello All,

I am looking for some advice. I am on PGWP and my husband is on SOWP. I was eligible for a 3-year work permit but because my passport had an earlier expiry date, we both received the work permit for 1.5 years, now my passport has been renewed and I want to know how should I extend my and my husband's work permit. Please help !!

Reactions: Asma2021

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello All,

I am looking for some advice. I am on PGWP and my husband is on SOWP. I was eligible for a 3-year work permit but because my passport had an earlier expiry date, we both received the work permit for 1.5 years, now my passport has been renewed and I want to know how should I extend my and my husband's work permit. Please help !!
Just apply for an extension.

Hiten_patel

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018
Hello everyone... I had a question if any one could please help me out.

I'm on a sowp now which expires in march and my wife is going to apply for her Pgwp by end of January, any It takes more than 3 months to get pgwp approved so will she be able to apply for my permit in her applied status if she can manage Level 0,A,B job with 3 pay stubs or we need to wait to apply my Sowp until her's get approved?

oshin

Sep 22, 2015
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2015
Med's Request
08-12-2015 Upfront
Med's Done....
24-12-2015 Passed
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2016
Hello everyone... I had a question if any one could please help me out.

I'm on a sowp now which expires in march and my wife is going to apply for her Pgwp by end of January, any It takes more than 3 months to get pgwp approved so will she be able to apply for my permit in her applied status if she can manage Level 0,A,B job with 3 pay stubs or we need to wait to apply my Sowp until her's get approved?
You can submit yours if your wife has all the requirements even though she hasn't received her approval.

Rammysidhu

May 2, 2019
hello everyone... need your kind assistance
I am applying for my spouse open work permit online but i don't know where i am wrong as in the documents list i am not able to find the option where i can submit my employment letter and pay stubs....

tanuja Kurra

Jan 22, 2020
Hi everyone
I am working in NOC B- job and i have to extend my husband's work permit soon.So my question is how many paystubs i should submit and is there any minimum per hour wage rate that i should show it on my paystub?Because actually my current payrate is $14/hr.Is that enough?

shweta406

Nov 9, 2017
Hello everyone,

I would like to present my situation here.

I came on student visa in 2018 for 1 year certificate program and now I am on my PGWP.

I got married over here in Nov 2018. My husband also came here on student visa in a 2 year program.

Right now I am doing a full time job in NOC B and my 1 year will get over in September 1 st week. I want to finish my 1 year as it will boost our points in express entry.

However, my work permit will get expired in June 2020 and my husband is in last semester of his course. His course will get over in April. His study permit will expire on Dec 31 2020 and he will be applying for PGWP in May.

I am not sure when to apply for spousal open work permit based on my husband.

Can I apply after his semester is over or may be just about to get over? As I can stay on implied status and finish my 1 year at my job before the result comes.

or

Should I apply now when he still has 2.5 months left to finish his studies?
I am afraid just incase if it gets rejected if I apply right now than I won’t be able to finish my 1 year at job.

I am not sure when to apply. Please guide me

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,

I would like to present my situation here.

I came on student visa in 2018 for 1 year certificate program and now I am on my PGWP.

I got married over here in Nov 2018. My husband also came here on student visa in a 2 year program.

Right now I am doing a full time job in NOC B and my 1 year will get over in September 1 st week. I want to finish my 1 year as it will boost our points in express entry.

However, my work permit will get expired in June 2020 and my husband is in last semester of his course. His course will get over in April. His study permit will expire on Dec 31 2020 and he will be applying for PGWP in May.

I am not sure when to apply for spousal open work permit based on my husband.

Can I apply after his semester is over or may be just about to get over? As I can stay on implied status and finish my 1 year at my job before the result comes.

or

Should I apply now when he still has 2.5 months left to finish his studies?
I am afraid just incase if it gets rejected if I apply right now than I won’t be able to finish my 1 year at job.

I am not sure when to apply. Please guide me
Your question was already answered.

indopino

Nov 6, 2019
Hi everyone,

Desperately need your help in understanding the whole process of PGWP and extending spouse OWP.

Primary applicant(my wife) finished her 1 year PG diploma from a designated college. Transcripts received as of 15th jan 2020. Applied for PGWP on 17th jan 2020.

Primary applicant student permit and visa in passport expires 31st march 2020.

Primary applicant will receive her 3rd payslip by 8th march 2020. Employed in NOC type B part-time. Employment contract is available mentioning 12 months duration.

My visitor visa and initial OWP expires on 31st march 2020. I initially came on a visistor visa then applied for the OWP.

I will be doing my OWP extension on 9th march 2020. As per the responses in this forum i will be on implied status and can continue to work.

My questions -
Do I also need to apply for a visitor visa extension (visitor record)?

Can i go to the border with all the required documents and get my OWP extension?

Thank you in advance for all the valuable inputs ...

Amir_m

Feb 28, 2020
Hello everyone I have a PGWP and my wife’s work permit is gonna expire soon 31 of March2020.I applied for a job the interview went well and they asked for my work permit.My wife love to keep working at her current job.I don’t know shall I apply for visitor visa or open an application for extending work permit for her.I will appreciate your answer(s).I don’t know what to do now I got stock.

evosam

Mar 3, 2020
Good Day Everyone!
I am an international student, and my wife on open work permit, kids are visitors.
Question #1 - If I do not get a NOC A,B,0 job upon graduation, what are my options to extend my wife and kids visa?
Question #2 - My current work is at NOC B but my employer is at the United States and I am just working from home, is it possible that I declare this current job as NOC B?
Question #3 - Can a part time NOC A,B,0 be qualified in this case?

Your response is highly appreciated.. Thank you!