+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP-2021

toskers55

Dec 17, 2021
I submitted the PGP application for my mom and dad in March 2021. Mom is listed as primary applicant and dad is spouse.

Application started processing in Sept. Both mom and dad received request for biometrics in Oct. ONLY Dad received request for medicals in Oct. We have submitted Dad's medicals in Nov but still Mom has not received request to do medicals.

Wondering whether anyone has come across this scenario. Is there a way to contact IRCC? I tried the WebForm but there is no option for PGP program.

parassachapara

Star Member
Mar 26, 2021
Hi guys,

I applied in Oct 2021 and I think I made one of the dumbest mistake in my application. I didn't knew that visitor visa on my dad's passport has UCI on it and I put Not Applicable in PGP application. What are my options to rectify it?

TIA

toskers55

Dec 17, 2021
Hi guys,

I applied in Oct 2021 and I think I made one of the dumbest mistake in my application. I didn't knew that visitor visa on my dad's passport has UCI on it and I put Not Applicable in PGP application. What are my options to rectify it?

TIA
Just fill out the web form (link below) and they will update the information on your application. Note that it may take them a couple of weeks to get back to you to confirm that it is done.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Reactions: parassachapara

toskers55

Dec 17, 2021
My PGP application was sent on Feb 17th, 2021.
As of now Got a Biometric and Medical request in October -November 2021. Both were completed. Later asked for a Police Clearance certificate and more details about Job of the applicant. Both were Sent in November itself. No communication after that. Is anyone else at any advanced stage? What to expect next?
I’m in the exact same stage as you. No response since Police Clearance was submitted in December.

Reactions: sharadsinha

ICE85

Oct 5, 2014
please I am in the SAME situation described below. I need a response on how to resolve this question of how many copies to submit? We are 4 independent children with 2 parents (Principal Applicant & Dependant). Do I have to submit 6 forms?
"Please provide a current, completed and signed Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) for the Principal Applicant and all dependents aged 18 and over, whether accompanying or not. Each individual must sign their own copy of this form by hand."
Inquiring for my friend who is sponsoring her parents. I am confused by "Each individual must sign their own copy of this form by hand.". They have 4 independent children aged over 18 including the sponsor. Does this mean that every child has to fill a copy of the 5406 (6 copies) or just two copies from PA and the spouse?
Thanks in advance.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
please I am in the SAME situation described below. I need a response on how to resolve this question of how many copies to submit? We are 4 independent children with 2 parents (Principal Applicant & Dependant). Do I have to submit 6 forms?
I don't understand your question. Only dependent children (under 22 and single) are included in the application. And only dependent children that are over 18 needs to fill in IMM 5406.

Independent children (22 or over, married, in common law relationship) are needed to be listed in parent's IMM 5406 details information. But not filling in their own 5406 form. Think about it, 5406 is to give detail additional family members' information of persons that's included in the application, that person is immigrating to Canada.

Reactions: ICE85

ICE85

Oct 5, 2014
I don't understand your question. Only dependent children (under 22 and single) are included in the application. And only dependent children that are over 18 needs to fill in IMM 5406.

Independent children (22 or over, married, in common law relationship) are needed to be listed in parent's IMM 5406 details information. But not filling in their own 5406 form. Think about it, 5406 is to give detail additional family members' information of persons that's included in the application, that person is immigrating to Canada.
Thank you for your answer, from your explanation you understood the question and have helped me with my inquiries. I appreciate your help.

clau2021

Oct 26, 2021
Hello Folks,
Can someone help me with the IMM 5406 Additional family information form. CIC send me a letter:

IMM 5406 (for Principal Applicant): The Additional Family Information (IMM 5406)
provided was not completed fully. Please provide a current, completed, signed and
dated Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) for the Principal Applicant and all
dependents aged 18 and over, whether accompanying or not. Each individual must
sign their own copy of this form by hand.

I am still confused about it, My mom is the principal applicant, I am the sponsor, my brothers are adults independents and are not accompanying her, do they have to complete and sign this form? To be very clear, Do all of us ( Mom, Brothers and me ) have to complete and sign it?

Also CIC sent the link on the letter and I can't open it at all, it shows an error. Can anyone help me please?
You must submit the most recent version of this form. https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5406e. pdf

Thank you very much everyone for your time,
Claudia

Last edited:

Christine666

Sep 21, 2021
Hello Everyone, I am wondering if anyone has a google excel Link for the PGP-2021? SO we can share the time line.

I applied on NOV 26, 2021, and would like to see were we are at at.

Thank you

shadowtwixy

Star Member
Dec 13, 2015
Anyone here who applied to sponsor their parents while being a PR and has become Canadian citizens after sending in the PGP application? Did you inform IRCC you became citizens or just waiting to see what happens? What do you recommend? Any experience with this?

Reactions: quujaz

quujaz

Star Member
Feb 15, 2017
Anyone here who applied to sponsor their parents while being a PR and has become Canadian citizens after sending in the PGP application? Did you inform IRCC you became citizens or just waiting to see what happens? What do you recommend? Any experience with this?
Same situation here! I haven't sent any update but interested to know if I should do.

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
Yes I became a citizen while my parents application were still in progress (It is actually still in progress). I never updated or informed IRCC because I was too lazy too. However, when I got one of my GCMS notes I noticed it was already updated.

I think the right thing to do is to update them but I also don't think it's a show stopper not to.

I definately recommend updating them.

vakhbhav

May 4, 2021
Hi All. I applied under PGP 2021 for my parents in last week of October 2021. I received an email from CIC as acknowledgement and application number last week.

How do I link my application or how do I check the status of the application?

Mak0890

Oct 28, 2020
Hi Everyone, After my Mom first medical i got furtherance letter for medical info from IRCC and she went to panel physician and they ordered me a Sputum test and 2nd Xray on Aug 12. I got an email from Panel physician mentioning i need to inform my IRCC case officer about three month period about this test. Do i need to update IRCC with Webform about this test ? Please let me know if anyone came across this same situation