+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP-2021

dsahota11

Jul 23, 2018
Hi Everyone,
The online version of IMM0008, it's asking for dependents. I am sponsoring my father (my mother passed away). Under dependents do I need to add me as well. I am PR since 2018. In the paper version of the form, it says don't mention dependents who are PR or Canadian citizens whereas online it mentions following

Generic application form for Canada (IMM 0008)
Dependants
You must provide details about each of your family members, whether they will come with you to Canada or not. You must list all your children even if they are already permanent residents or citizens of Canada).
You must also include details on family members if you don’t know where they are (even those missing or presumed dead). If you don’t list them on your application, you will not be able to sponsor them later if your situation changes.
When prompted, you can add more family members by clicking “Add dependants.” You can also click “Delete” to remove any dependants. If you do not need to add family members, click “No.” Once you are finished, click “Complete and return to application” to save this form and return to the main application page.
"

I am confused. Should I go with this online instruction and add myself under dependents?

Thanks for your time

Regards,

NaikNaman

Jan 30, 2018
Hi Everyone,
The online version of IMM0008, it's asking for dependents. I am sponsoring my father (my mother passed away). Under dependents do I need to add me as well. I am PR since 2018. In the paper version of the form, it says don't mention dependents who are PR or Canadian citizens whereas online it mentions following

Generic application form for Canada (IMM 0008)
Dependants
You must provide details about each of your family members, whether they will come with you to Canada or not. You must list all your children even if they are already permanent residents or citizens of Canada).
You must also include details on family members if you don’t know where they are (even those missing or presumed dead). If you don’t list them on your application, you will not be able to sponsor them later if your situation changes.
When prompted, you can add more family members by clicking “Add dependants.” You can also click “Delete” to remove any dependants. If you do not need to add family members, click “No.” Once you are finished, click “Complete and return to application” to save this form and return to the main application page.
"

I am confused. Should I go with this online instruction and add myself under dependents?

Thanks for your time

Regards,
HI,

IN IMM0008 when it ask for dependents , it implies to primary applicant's spouse and their children below 22. There is a section which defines dependents. You do not need to include your information in that. Although you need to included your information in only in additional family member information form.

dsahota11

Jul 23, 2018
T
HI,

IN IMM0008 when it ask for dependents , it implies to primary applicant's spouse and their children below 22. There is a section which defines dependents. You do not need to include your information in that. Although you need to included your information in only in additional family member information form.
Thanks for your response. Appreciate it.

Regards

dsahota11

Jul 23, 2018
One more question,
In additional family information, It also asks for my grandfather and grandmother's address and place of birth. I know in the paper application it would say "if deceased write place of death and date" however it doesn't mention like this in the online version for primary applicant's father and mother.
Should I do the same?

What about the place of birth? I don't know if I should write UNKNOWN or leave the field blank?

Regards,

Alevans#18

Sep 29, 2021
Hi Everyone, Can i be representative for my Mother application? if yes , Do i need submit the form through applicant portal or representative portal ?
Hello Mak0890,

Yes! you can designate yourself a representative. Make sure to fill out IMM 5476 form.

See the link below: Guide 5561 - Instructions - Use of a Representative
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5561-instructions-use-representative.html

Cheers!
Alevans

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

JcKobe

Aug 8, 2019
Winnpeg
Good day Everyone. I noticed that this thread is more active than the one im following and posted my question with. I was wondering if you can clarify some questions for me.

Im filling up the forms in behalf of my dad. As per my understanding, we dont need to provide biometrics as he is with us here in Canada and provided biometrics before he came here. Is this correct? See link below.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html

Also for IMM5768 - me and my wife (co-signer) provided our SIN so this means we dont need to included our NOA's as we gave them authority to access our files in IRCC.?

Follow up question - Should I upload all the resumes under "Other" or children information?

Thanks so much.

Bhaumik_Patel

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-11-2021
AOR Received.
19-04-2018
Hello all, for imm5768 form, are we supposed to add Employer RRSP/DCPP amount $$ match under Gross Income/Benefits? Or just the amount from Line 15000 from NOA?

Alevans#18

Sep 29, 2021
Good day Everyone. I noticed that this thread is more active than the one im following and posted my question with. I was wondering if you can clarify some questions for me.

Im filling up the forms in behalf of my dad. As per my understanding, we dont need to provide biometrics as he is with us here in Canada and provided biometrics before he came here. Is this correct? See link below.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html

Also for IMM5768 - me and my wife (co-signer) provided our SIN so this means we dont need to included our NOA's as we gave them authority to access our files in IRCC.?

Follow up question - Should I upload all the resumes under "Other" or children information?

Thanks so much.

Hello JcKobe,

1) You only need to give your biometrics once every 10 years. You don't need to give your biometrics again until the 10-year period expires.
2) If you have provided your SIN in the form (IMM 5768), you are giving IRCC to obtain your tax information for the 3 preceding years. Same with your Co-signer. So make sure to click the yes box and provide the SIN. Otherwise, you will have to provide your NOA.
3) Yes, Select "Other" then upload your Dad's resume.

Hope this helps!

Cheers and Goodluck!

Alevans

vakhbhav

May 4, 2021
I've a successful submission email but no separate AOR.
Judging from few 2020 trackers I found online the first AOR can take up to 6 months to arrive.
My only concern so far is what if they find my application not complete and will return it? I read somewhere that I'd have to reapply before the deadline on the invitation letter, but because of the 6 months AOR1 timeline it's not feasible. So, hopefully they'll just request missing documents in such case.
Hi there. I am applying for my parents. Do I create an account on Permanent residence portal with my email address or my parents have to create account with their email address?

Also, they are currently in India but do have a valid visitor visa for Canada. Do they have to submit biometrics with this application? Please advise. Thanks

SergeiK

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Hi there. I am applying for my parents. Do I create an account on Permanent residence portal with my email address or my parents have to create account with their email address?

Also, they are currently in India but do have a valid visitor visa for Canada. Do they have to submit biometrics with this application? Please advise. Thanks
The way I did it (which might not be correct :) ) is I created an account with my parents email address at permanent residence portal (I'm their representative).
I believe there's a tool which allows you to check if your parents need to give biometrics. Mine have a visitor visa as well and this tool said there's no need to do biometrics.
Bio check tool
https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/extapp/bioStatusQuery

Reactions: kafepoche

vakhbhav

May 4, 2021
The way I did it (which might not be correct :) ) is I created an account with my parents email address at permanent residence portal (I'm their representative).
I believe there's a tool which allows you to check if your parents need to give biometrics. Mine have a visitor visa as well and this tool said there's no need to do biometrics.
Bio check tool
https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/extapp/bioStatusQuery
Ahh. It shows me that Biometrics not found for mine..

So basically you created 2 accounts on permanent residence portal - one for sponsor and one for principal applicant?

SergeiK

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Ahh. It shows me that Biometrics not found for mine..

So basically you created 2 accounts on permanent residence portal - one for sponsor and one for principal applicant?
I thought it's all done under one account. The application contains forms for both sponsor and person being sponsored.
From my understanding the sponsored person can check status of their part of application at the permanent residence portal.
The sponsor should use this tool https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en

Again, this is my understanding, which I hope is correct :)