+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP-2021

RajSL

May 30, 2022
Hi All. I applied under PGP 2021 for my parents in last week of October 2021. I received an email from CIC as acknowledgement and application number last week.

How do I link my application or how do I check the status of the application?
I also applied for my parents under PGP 2021 but I didn't receive any acknowledgement yet. What is the subject of the acknowledgement email? I don't want to miss it in the spams.

goldicanada

Star Member
Dec 8, 2020
Applied in Nov2021, AOR received May2021, Biometrics and Medical received May2021. However, I am from Quebec province so I believe I need to apply for CSQ, though not sure when. Is anyone from Quebec here?

Jun 7, 2022
Apologies if this question is a bit too basic. I live in Alebrta now, and I am contemplating moving to Montreal. I reviewed the literature the government put out for the PGP program, but I haven't been able to find information for my specific case

My situation

1. I moved to Canada in early 2021 as a PR, so I've been here for more than a year.
  2. My income was earned primarily in Alberta and I have my 2021 NOA
  3. I don't have NOAs for 2019 and 2020

Musings

If I move to Montreal this year, and assuming the PGP program opens up for 2022
  1. Does not having 3 years' worth of NOAs preclude me from applying to sponsor my parents by IRCC? Does this requirement decrease to 1 year by way of me being a Quebec resident when I apply?
  2. Perchance, if IRCC is ok with just one years worth of income since I live in Quebec, can I use the 2021 NOA from Albertan sources to qualify or does Quebec insist on showing $$ earned in its province ?
Thanks in advance for your time, and for the clarifications!

goldicanada

Star Member
Dec 8, 2020
Apologies if this question is a bit too basic. I live in Alebrta now, and I am contemplating moving to Montreal. I reviewed the literature the government put out for the PGP program, but I haven't been able to find information for my specific case

My situation

1. I moved to Canada in early 2021 as a PR, so I've been here for more than a year.
  2. My income was earned primarily in Alberta and I have my 2021 NOA
  3. I don't have NOAs for 2019 and 2020

Musings

If I move to Montreal this year, and assuming the PGP program opens up for 2022
  1. Does not having 3 years' worth of NOAs preclude me from applying to sponsor my parents by IRCC? Does this requirement decrease to 1 year by way of me being a Quebec resident when I apply?
  2. Perchance, if IRCC is ok with just one years worth of income since I live in Quebec, can I use the 2021 NOA from Albertan sources to qualify or does Quebec insist on showing $$ earned in its province ?
Thanks in advance for your time, and for the clarifications!
There are lots of moving parts. First of all, it depends if PGP program will open in 2022, second - no guarantee that your file will be picked in the lottery, if it happens that your file is picked - then you are in luck - by the time they will ask you for more documents submission and financial verification you might have already lived in quebec for more than a year. The financial evaluation is by Quebec which is after your eligibility is approved by IRCC as a sponsor which can take anywhere between 3 to 9 months.

vakhbhav

May 4, 2021
Hi all. I applied for my parents pr in Oct 2021. I did get the Sponsor approval last week of may. And my parents did get medical request as well.

Just wondering, if there any step I am missing like putting police clearance certificate?
I was able to link the profile on CIc GC account as well.
Thanks

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
Hi all. I applied for my parents pr in Oct 2021. I did get the Sponsor approval last week of may. And my parents did get medical request as well.

Just wondering, if there any step I am missing like putting police clearance certificate?
I was able to link the profile on CIc GC account as well.
Thanks
I don't believe you're missing any steps. You'd be contacted if they need any documents like PCC, PPR, ADR etc...

Reactions: vakhbhav

pjc34

Jul 28, 2022
There are lots of moving parts. First of all, it depends if PGP program will open in 2022, second - no guarantee that your file will be picked in the lottery, if it happens that your file is picked - then you are in luck - by the time they will ask you for more documents submission and financial verification you might have already lived in quebec for more than a year. The financial evaluation is by Quebec which is after your eligibility is approved by IRCC as a sponsor which can take anywhere between 3 to 9 months.
There's no need to have lived in Quebec for a year. They'll look at the last 12 months of income anywhere in Canada, and the foreseeable income based on current employment at the time of applying for the CSQ (or non-employment income). The foreseeable future income needs to seem somewhat stable, so if you've only been in your new job for 2 weeks, that's a problem. Six months probably wouldn't be.

goldicanada

Star Member
Dec 8, 2020
There's no need to have lived in Quebec for a year. They'll look at the last 12 months of income anywhere in Canada, and the foreseeable income based on current employment at the time of applying for the CSQ (or non-employment income). The foreseeable future income needs to seem somewhat stable, so if you've only been in your new job for 2 weeks, that's a problem. Six months probably wouldn't be.
Is this written on any official webpage?

pjc34

Jul 28, 2022
Is this written on any official webpage?
The Quebec Immigration Regulation says in Section 77:
A person who files a sponsorship undertaking application is presumed to be able to fulfil his or her undertaking in accordance with section 76 if the person demonstrates that he or she has had, for the 12 months preceding the examination of the application and will continue to have, for the duration of the undertaking, a gross annual income from a Canadian source equal to the minimum income required from the sponsor to provide for his or her basic needs and those of the family members, as determined in Schedule B, to which is added the minimum amount required to provide for the sponsored person’s basic needs, as determined in Schedule D.
For more details on how the regulation is actually interpreted by the immigration ministry, you need to refer to the "Guide des procedures d'immigration" (GPI), which is the internal manual decision-makers use, or to decisions of the Admistrative Tribunal of Quebec on appeals.

These are the parts of the GPI that are currently on the ministry's website: http://www.mifi.gouv.qc.ca/fr/publications/guide-procedures-immigration/index.html

As you can see, the current section on family reunification is not there! But since the relevant regulations have barely changed, it's reasonable to think that the old version is still almost entirely applicable. The version in force from 2014 to 2018 can still be found on archived versions of the ministry's website. Refer to Chapter 3 here (in French): https://web.archive.org/web/20180715164908/http://www.midi.gouv.qc.ca/fr/publications/guide-procedures-immigration/regroupement-familial.html

Section 4.3 in particular says the following:

Le garant doit démontrer que ses revenus de source canadienne des 12 mois
précédant l’examen de sa demande et ses revenus actuels correspondent aux
barèmes. Il n’est pas nécessaire que l’emploi soit permanent mais le niveau de
revenu du garant, au regard des barèmes, doit avoir un caractère durable.
Also this:

Le garant ayant disposé de revenus suffisants au cours des 12 mois précédant
l’examen de sa demande, mais qui est employé depuis moins de 12 mois, pourra
voir son dossier examiné s’il peut prouver, lettres d’employeurs à l'appui, que son
emploi a un caractère durable. Par ailleurs, il n’est pas nécessaire que le garant
occupe le même emploi depuis 12 mois.
Appeal cases I've read refer to two separate calculations: income in the 12-month period ending on the day the decision is made, and "present income" at the time of the decision. Obviously "present income" is based on your new job or jobs, not your old ones.

Anyway, to me it's a matter of simple logic that people who move between provinces shouldn't automatically become ineligible to sponsor their parents.

Last edited:

Magic05

Aug 2, 2017
Can anyone advise on the new permanent resident card application process for the parents landed on PGP programme?

NoorPirani

Star Member
Jan 1, 2019
I submitted my parents' application in November 2021 and got one email on 14th March 2022 saying the following:

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative will be forwarded to Vancouver Immigration for further processing. This office was selected based on your relative’s home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Since 14th March 2022, NO news from them, just wondering how long will it take to get the request for Medical ?

zmaniac4

Jan 6, 2019
I also applied for my parents under PGP 2021 but I didn't receive any acknowledgement yet. What is the subject of the acknowledgement email? I don't want to miss it in the spams.
We submitted our documents in Dec 2021 and received an email end of May regarding our address change. We have not received any communication since then nor have we got our AOR. Should we contact using webform?

NoorPirani

Star Member
Jan 1, 2019
SUBJECT LINE:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada - Communication to client

hasmu

Aug 22, 2022
Hi , I have a question perhaps someone encountered it as well.

My father was married previously however that is about 50 years ago. His wife died about 50 years ago. CIC is asking for death or divorce certificate. However we donot have death certificate and there is no way to get it as records were digitize afterwards.
Please only answer if you encountered a similar situation or know of someone who did and you were able to satisfy cic without a death certificate.
Highly appreciated if someone can help as only have few days to respond.