+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP-2021

vakhbhav

May 4, 2021
I thought it's all done under one account. The application contains forms for both sponsor and person being sponsored.
From my understanding the sponsored person can check status of their part of application at the permanent residence portal.
The sponsor should use this tool https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en

Again, this is my understanding, which I hope is correct :)
ok got it. So basically I (Sponsor) can create the account on Permanent Residence portal with my email address and submit all the forms and application from there?

SergeiK

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
ok got it. So basically I (Sponsor) can create the account on Permanent Residence portal with my email address and submit all the forms and application from there?
I don't think it's super important whose email you use as long as either of you (you or your parents) have access to it.

Reactions: vakhbhav

vakhbhav

May 4, 2021
Hi All. Sorry one more question.. I just wanted to confirm before I send my application. I got married in 2020. So my family size for 2018 and 2019 should be just me and my parents right? For 2020 it should be me, my spouse and my parents?

Please advise. thank you so much

SergeiK

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Hi All. Sorry one more question.. I just wanted to confirm before I send my application. I got married in 2020. So my family size for 2018 and 2019 should be just me and my parents right? For 2020 it should be me, my spouse and my parents?

Please advise. thank you so much
I assume you're talking about IMM5768 ( financial evaluation for parents...) table 14
I'm not too sure if the parents should be included in Family Size column. I didn't include them in my case for any of the years but this might not be the proper way to fill it out. I can't figure out from reading https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html
There's also this line
However, this calculation is not determinative, and IRCC will also confirm the calculation in light of the detailed family information in your application
Which makes me think there's a room for human error :)

rinkupatel.dmj

Mar 13, 2013
Toronto, ON, CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2013
Doc's Request.
15/05/2014
AOR Received.
11-12-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with the Application
File Transfer...
21-12-2013
Med's Request
UPFRONT - 12-04-2014
Med's Done....
ECAS UPDATED: 25-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2014 / Change of VO 11-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2014
LANDED..........
31-12-2014 @ Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls
Quick Question. The fact that most of you are aware that getting Biometric appointment is a night mare now a days with the rush to apply at VACs.
Can we Plan ahead for PGP21 applications by just booking appoinement ahead of time ?
Or
Can the Applicant and all its dependent give Biometrics without BILL

Last edited:

dsahota11

Jul 23, 2018
Hi Everyone,
Hope everyone is doing well.

I have a question. When I filled my Additional Family information Form for my PR, I added my father's name spelling as it was written in my passport. Now I am sponsoring him and the spelling on his passport is slightly different. Do you think we need to submit the same name affidavit explaining this? Should it be him for this affidavit or me? or he can just submit a letter of explanation with the explanation.

He had applied and successfully got a visitor visa in past on an invitation letter submitted by me his son. So, I am not sure. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

lovie

Oct 9, 2011
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/09/2009
Doc's Request.
18/11/2009
AOR Received.
25/07/2010
File Transfer...
In process : 25/04/2012
Med's Request
11/06/2012
Med's Done....
14/06/2012! Received at LVO on 26/06/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26/07/2012
VISA ISSUED...
17/08/2012
LANDED..........
October 1 '12
HI Everyone

I am applying for my Mom's PR . She has been staying here with us in Canada and her visitor record expiry date is 16/03/2022.

My question is while her PR application is underway can I submit another application for visitor extension as I still want her to stay with me here ? Also is it possible to obtain permanent residence like in her case in Canada itself or does she have to exit the country at some point in the process. Also wondering if medical exam would be possible here.

knniranjan

Aug 4, 2014
Hi,

I need help with the below question in IMM 0008 under Language detail. The 5772 guide says to submit test results. Does this mean the parents or grandparents need to take an English language test?

Have you taken a test from a designated testing agency to assess your English or French skills? (required)

Thanks,
Niranjan

vakhbhav

May 4, 2021
Hi Everyone,
Hope everyone is doing well.

I have a question. When I filled my Additional Family information Form for my PR, I added my father's name spelling as it was written in my passport. Now I am sponsoring him and the spelling on his passport is slightly different. Do you think we need to submit the same name affidavit explaining this? Should it be him for this affidavit or me? or he can just submit a letter of explanation with the explanation.

He had applied and successfully got a visitor visa in past on an invitation letter submitted by me his son. So, I am not sure. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
i had the same issue. I submitted an affidavit for both my mother and father

dsahota11

Jul 23, 2018
i had the same issue. I submitted an affidavit for both my mother and father
Thanks for taking the time to reply.
You submitted an affidavit stating that the person you are sponsoring and the one you filled in family information are the same people? Something like this.

Regards

Ak.kaj

Oct 16, 2021
Hello I have one question that I Submitted my PR file in May 1st 2021 and after one month i got update about medical approved and than in September i got another email about my wife remedical it is also approved in 2 days but after 5 month on 15 October i got an letter for Biometric request for myself. So i want to know how much more time it will take to get my PR can anyone have the similar case like me who can guide me .

Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
HI Everyone

I am applying for my Mom's PR . She has been staying here with us in Canada and her visitor record expiry date is 16/03/2022.

My question is while her PR application is underway can I submit another application for visitor extension as I still want her to stay with me here ? Also is it possible to obtain permanent residence like in her case in Canada itself or does she have to exit the country at some point in the process. Also wondering if medical exam would be possible here.
Does she have a supervisa? Has she already received an extension. You can certainly try but it will likely be dependent on how long she has already been in Canada. Processing time is 18-24 months so there is quite a long time until potential approval.

sharadsinha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Quick Question. The fact that most of you are aware that getting Biometric appointment is a night mare now a days with the rush to apply at VACs.
Can we Plan ahead for PGP21 applications by just booking appoinement ahead of time ?
Or
Can the Applicant and all its dependent give Biometrics without BILL
you can book Biometric in Advance. No letter or code is reqired.

sharadsinha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
My PGP application was sent on Feb 17th, 2021.
As of now Got a Biometric and Medical request in October -November 2021. Both were completed. Later asked for a Police Clearance certificate and more details about Job of the applicant. Both were Sent in November itself. No communication after that. Is anyone else at any advanced stage? What to expect next?

Reactions: Alevans#18