+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
So if parents have stayed the first full two years out of 5 years, then can they extend it for the remaining three years? Should we reapply or just ask for extension? Will the application process be the same, and whether we can request this, or only one time super visa within 5 years will be granted? How often can a person get super visa, any limitations? If you can shed some light is much appreciated. Thank you so much for your advice
You need to understand the difference between visitor extension and applying for SuperVisa. The Applicant can only apply for visitor extension within Canada and can only apply for a super visa from outside of Canada and will be issued for the period that passport is good for(expiry date). Both processes are almost similar (qualifying with income and 1 year of SuperVisa Insurance).

There are no limitations on Extensions. If IRCC approves the extension, an applicant can stay till the given date and apply for another extension.

I recently applied for my parents' renewal for the second time and was issued 2 years for extension (provided 2 years of SuperVisa insurance receipt and in-process letter of 2019 PGP application, plus parents supervise is already expired last year)

I hope this clears your doubts.

Last edited:

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
My friend, I am not a 2018 applicant and do not care at all if the process use to take 10 years before finalizing. The world and technology are advancing… I guess IRCC too with their new system. My parents application was submitted in 2021. So if there is ANYWAY IRCC can accommodate those 10000 applications by processing them digitally with the 30000 to come later in October 2021, why not asking? Does it cost anything to ask? This is common sense. Not lack of patience! If that works we will ALL benefit from it; if not at least I TRIED, and life keeps moving. Good luck!
Still, I would say, have some patience! my friend. This is not an economical class for IRCC and their only priority is International Students and applicants applying under economical class in Canada. Hopefully, you will get this done within 2 years. Cheers!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So if parents have stayed the first full two years out of 5 years, then can they extend it for the remaining three years? Should we reapply or just ask for extension? Will the application process be the same, and whether we can request this, or only one time super visa within 5 years will be granted? How often can a person get super visa, any limitations? If you can shed some light is much appreciated. Thank you so much for your advice
No they are unlikely to be able to stay for 5 years straight. A supervisa remains a visiting visa. They are supposed to return home a certain point.

Reactions: hotsalsa

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
PGP 2020 Summary

Total Applications: 203,213
Total Invitations: 13,400 (Before you ask: Yes, I counted!) 6.59 %

IRCC has accounted for 3400 numbskulls (that's over 25%) who will not meet the minimum requirements. So don't be angry at the people who took a deserving candidate's spot or IRCC for that matter.

Stay positive, at this rate they will invite more than 40000 applicants to meet their 30000 quota for PGP 2021. Even if the # of applications go up to 250,000 its gives you a 16% chance of getting selected.
Where did you get this data?

Naheulbeuck

Aug 14, 2015
I guess you know you are being an ungrateful whiny brat as you created a new account specifically for this question...

Just be happy you got picked when even after this draw 3/4 of people who put their name will not even have the chance to sponsor their parents/grand parents...

1. What will happen to applications IRCC received at the beginning of 2021 as part of the PGP 2020 draw?
Most of us did not even receive an Acknowledgment Of Receipt (AOR) from IRCC up this day, while IRCC is announcing a speed up and simplify application process for PGP 2021 Applicants.
They'll be processed, just like before, and most will get permanent residence for their family members, unfortunately it won't be under the new process but there is still essentially 10 months between the applicants so unlikely to make a major difference.
2. How fair is this?
Well not fair at all that you got selected and others did not, you're right it cost nothing to ask.
3. As 2020 applicants, How can we switch to IRCC new Permanent Resident Digital Intake tool and get our applications processed in a speedy and simplified way as well?
You can ask IRCC to remove your file and put your name again in the likely 2022 draw and hope to be selected so that you can be under the new process.
4. We need fairness in this process for all 2020 Applicants.
Again, there is no fairness in the fact that you got selected and not 3/4 of the 2020 applicants, but hey that's how it is, nothing much can be done about it unfortunately.

Let's not pretend you care about ALL (you even say it in one sentence), you only care about your own situation and yes there is a cost to ask, the cost is to show the kind of person you are and that is not a pretty thing to show.

Hopefully that answered your questions.

hkuma032

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Hi everyone,
Regarding my mom's Permanent residency file under PGP 2020, I was asked to submit some additional documents (IMM5669 signed). I sent all these documents via email in May. I haven't heard back yet from CIC. No file number has been issued yet.

When can I expect to receive file number ? Please let me know.

bikcan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-11-2016
AOR Received.
26-02-2017
Med's Done....
07-04-2017 (Passed)
I checked the ECAS today after few days and it says Application received for both Sponsorship application status and PR application status. Can anyone please let me know that how much time will it take for the status to change to In progress and if I can link the application to my father's account?

swsood1686

Mar 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06 -Jan - 2016 (OINP)
Doc's Request.
19 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
Nomination.....
30 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
AOR Received.
19 - Feb - 2017 (eApr)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
I checked ecas today and it showed my parents application.
App received: Feb 22
I entered my UCI number and details in ecas.

swsood1686

Mar 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06 -Jan - 2016 (OINP)
Doc's Request.
19 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
Nomination.....
30 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
AOR Received.
19 - Feb - 2017 (eApr)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
I checked ecas today and it showed my parents application.
App received: Feb 22
I entered my UCI number and details in ecas.
Is there a way to checkon ecas if they received the additional document that they requested and I submitted?

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
You need to understand the difference between visitor extension and applying for SuperVisa. The Applicant can only apply for visitor extension within Canada and can only apply for a super visa from outside of Canada and will be issued for the period that passport is good for(expiry date). Both processes are almost similar (qualifying with income and 1 year of SuperVisa Insurance).

There are no limitations on Extensions. If IRCC approves the extension, an applicant can stay till the given date and apply for another extension.

I recently applied for my parents' renewal for the second time and was issued 2 years for extension (provided 2 years of SuperVisa insurance receipt and in-process letter of 2019 PGP application, plus parents supervise is already expired last year)

I hope this clears your doubts.
Thanks so much, really appreciate. So, just to confirm, you applied for renewing (i.e., the extension of supervisa) for your parent after their supervisa was expired and they were in Canada, right? Does this renew mean re-applying and expiry means expiry of visa/using 2 years stay? I am in this situation but my parents are now outside so probably I cannot renew unless they were here.

Does supervisa count as a visitor visa and when you mean extension of super visa is like the extending process of visitor visa?

Now that you have it renewed, can they use it as a multi entry or it is just extension of stay? Sorry for my confusion...I just searched online and could not find any re supervisa renewal process. I appreciate any helpful info re super visa renewal that you can offer.

Last edited:

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Thanks so much, really appreciate. So, just to confirm, you applied for renewing (i.e., the extension of supervisa) for your parent after their supervisa was expired and they were in Canada, right? Does this renew mean re-applying and expiry means expiry of visa/using 2 years stay? I am in this situation but my parents are now outside so probably I cannot renew unless they were here.

Does supervisa count as a visitor visa and when you mean extension of super visa is like the extending process of visitor visa?

Now that you have it renewed, can they use it as a multi entry or it is just extension of stay? Sorry for my confusion...I just searched online and could not find any re supervisa renewal process. I appreciate any helpful info re super visa renewal that you can offer.
A visitor record is a document that continues to give you status as a visitor in Canada and allows you to stay longer. It doesn’t guarantee that you can leave and then re-enter Canada. (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/extend-stay.html)

Here is the guide for extending status in Canada:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5551-applying-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada.html

As you mentioned our parents are outside of Canada. If their Super Visa (counterfoil) on the passport is valid, they can come to Canada as a visitor and can stay up to the date Officer writes on the entry stamp. If no date is written, for SuperVisa holders it is 2 years from the date they entered and 6 months for a regular visa.

You cannot renew the SuperVisa as IRCC issues this till the expiry of the Passport. So if your parents' passport expires, you need to apply for a new Super-Visa.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

BWAJ2021

Jul 24, 2021
I guess you know you are being an ungrateful whiny brat as you created a new account specifically for this question...

Just be happy you got picked when even after this draw 3/4 of people who put their name will not even have the chance to sponsor their parents/grand parents...

They'll be processed, just like before, and most will get permanent residence for their family members, unfortunately it won't be under the new process but there is still essentially 10 months between the applicants so unlikely to make a major difference.

Well not fair at all that you got selected and others did not, you're right it cost nothing to ask.

You can ask IRCC to remove your file and put your name again in the likely 2022 draw and hope to be selected so that you can be under the new process.

Again, there is no fairness in the fact that you got selected and not 3/4 of the 2020 applicants, but hey that's how it is, nothing much can be done about it unfortunately.

Let's not pretend you care about ALL (you even say it in one sentence), you only care about your own situation and yes there is a cost to ask, the cost is to show the kind of person you are and that is not a pretty thing to show.

Hopefully that answered your questions.

It is unbelievable how some people can be so limited in their way of thinking and interacting with others. You can desagree with someone, but still be polite and moderate your words. I guess it’s all about education and good manners. Unfortunately, people like you are infesting forums like this. Have a great day.