AOR Received.
19 - Feb - 2017 (eApr)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
Finally, the status is changed in ECAS today. Add a new line:
“We started processing you application on July 19, 2021”

( The application is received by cic on Jan12)

No official AOR email yet. But I got a file number after linking the application to my CIC account.
Just curious, did you link application to your cic account or your parents account?

ufarooqi

May 22, 2014
Waterloo, Canada
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
App. Filed.......
13-05-2015
IELTS Request
Waived Off
File Transfer...
13-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-05-2015 (Medical Status changed to PASSED on MyCIC)
Passport Req..
10-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2015
PGP 2020 Summary

Total Applications: 203,213
Total Invitations: 13,400 (Before you ask: Yes, I counted!) 6.59 %

IRCC has accounted for 3400 numbskulls (that's over 25%) who will not meet the minimum requirements. So don't be angry at the people who took a deserving candidate's spot or IRCC for that matter.

Stay positive, at this rate they will invite more than 40000 applicants to meet their 30000 quota for PGP 2021. Even if the # of applications go up to 250,000 its gives you a 16% chance of getting selected.
PGP 2021 has been announced with no new applicants.

Using the above figures, everyone would have approximately 21.17% ( (30,000 + 0.34 x 30,000) / (203,213 - 13,400) ) chance of being selected. That's lot better than previous 6.59%.

Reactions: bikramg14

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
PGP 2021 has been announced with no new applicants.

Using the above figures, everyone would have approximately 21.17% ( (30,000 + 0.34 x 30,000) / (203,213 - 13,400) ) chance of being selected. That's lot better than previous 6.59%.
during normal years, it was like 20% I recall

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Hi all. Can we sponsor parents with mortgage?

Also, which three years are counted for income for sponsorship ?

Thanks for sharing your expertise

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
I have an update for people with parents in Canada on a Super Visa especially if their 2 years are expiring soon and they want to apply or have already applied for an extension -

So as some of you may already know on this thread, my parents’ 2 years were up in May 2021 so we applied for a visitor extension (visitor record) in late March 2021. This was mainly because we wanted to avoid non-essential international travel, confirm acquisition of two doses and the fact that a PGP2020 PR application was now in progress too.

Today, we received online confirmation that the application was approved and an extension was granted until late March 2022 (exactly one year from application date).

I’ll be honest, we were hoping that an extension is granted for one year from the date of approval (July 2021 to July 2022) but one year from the date of application sounds fair too (March 2021 to March 2022) since my parents kinda got to continue staying here in Canada on an implied status without having to go back.

Also, the processing time for a visitor record as of today is close to 5 months. We were surprised to get our approval today after just under 4 months since applying. Hoping they start moving ahead faster with all of our PGP applications too! Cheers!
If our parents siper visa is about to expire and they are outside Canada, what are the options? Can I get a new supervisa for them? Thanks for your advice

Reactions: hotsalsa

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If our parents siper visa is about to expire and they are outside Canada, what are the options? Can I get a new supervisa for them? Thanks for your advice
They either travel before the expiry date or apply a new visa.

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
They either travel before the expiry date or apply a new visa.
Thanks Steaky! When you say applying a new visa, do you mean a new super visa? Is it ok to apply for a new super visa even whithin 5 years but when the 2 years of stay is up?

Can you please confirm? Thanks so much for your help.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Steaky! When you say applying a new visa, do you mean a new super visa? Is it ok to apply for a new super visa even whithin 5 years but when the 2 years of stay is up?

Can you please confirm? Thanks so much for your help.
It would be waste of time and money if they apply for a new visa (while their existing one is still valid).

Reactions: Parisuzy

bikramg14

Jan 6, 2021
my grand mom is 89 and is the only dependent, ia there any way i can sponsor her, (temporary or permanent) other than lottery pick?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my grand mom is 89 and is the only dependent, ia there any way i can sponsor her, (temporary or permanent) other than lottery pick?
Have you tried invite her with visitor visa or super visa? Tell us more about yourself? Are you married with children?

BWAJ2021

Jul 24, 2021
We read on the news today regarding the 2021 Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship Program (PGP 2021), quote : « Those invited to apply as part of this process will be able to use our new Permanent Resident Digital Intake tool, which allows applications to be submitted electronically. This is part of our commitment to modernize Canada’s immigration system, and will speed up and simplify the application process.

1. What will happen to applications IRCC received at the beginning of 2021 as part of the PGP 2020 draw?
Most of us did not even receive an Acknowledgment Of Receipt (AOR) from IRCC up this day, while IRCC is announcing a speed up and simplify application process for PGP 2021 Applicants.
2. How fair is this?
3. As 2020 applicants, How can we switch to IRCC new Permanent Resident Digital Intake tool and get our applications processed in a speedy and simplified way as well?
4. We need fairness in this process for all 2020 Applicants.

IF YOU ARE A PGP 2020 APPLICANT, PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL TO THE MINISTER OF IMMIGRATION AND REQUEST IRCC TO SPEED UP AND SIMPLIFY AS WELL OUR 10000 APPLICATIONS. OTHERWISE EXPECT AT LEADT THE 2 YEARS WAITING, WHILE MAY BE 2021 APPLICATIONS WILL BE FINILISED IN A YEAR OR 6 MONTH.
HIS EMAIL ADDRESS : MINISTER@CIC.GC.CA
I DID SEND AN EMAIL ALREADY!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Paul09

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
It would be waste of time and money if they apply for a new visa (while their existing one is still valid).
So if parents have stayed the first full two years out of 5 years, then can they extend it for the remaining three years? Should we reapply or just ask for extension? Will the application process be the same, and whether we can request this, or only one time super visa within 5 years will be granted? How often can a person get super visa, any limitations? If you can shed some light is much appreciated. Thank you so much for your advice

Last edited:

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
We read on the news today regarding the 2021 Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship Program (PGP 2021), quote : « Those invited to apply as part of this process will be able to use our new Permanent Resident Digital Intake tool, which allows applications to be submitted electronically. This is part of our commitment to modernize Canada’s immigration system, and will speed up and simplify the application process.

1. What will happen to applications IRCC received at the beginning of 2021 as part of the PGP 2020 draw?
Most of us did not even receive an Acknowledgment Of Receipt (AOR) from IRCC up this day, while IRCC is announcing a speed up and simplify application process for PGP 2021 Applicants.
2. How fair is this?
3. As 2020 applicants, How can we switch to IRCC new Permanent Resident Digital Intake tool and get our applications processed in a speedy and simplified way as well?
4. We need fairness in this process for all 2020 Applicants.

IF YOU ARE A PGP 2020 APPLICANT, PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL TO THE MINISTER OF IMMIGRATION AND REQUEST IRCC TO SPEED UP AND SIMPLIFY AS WELL OUR 10000 APPLICATIONS. OTHERWISE EXPECT AT LEADT THE 2 YEARS WAITING, WHILE MAY BE 2021 APPLICATIONS WILL BE FINILISED IN A YEAR OR 6 MONTH.
HIS EMAIL ADDRESS : MINISTER@CIC.GC.CA
I DID SEND AN EMAIL ALREADY!
I guess you are not aware few/many 2018 applicants are still in process. Parents' sponsorship was use to be a process of 6-7 years. The delay for parents and grandparents was estimated at 7 years, sometimes more. Have some patience.

https://ocasi.org/sponsoring-parents-and-grandparents

BWAJ2021

Jul 24, 2021
I guess you are not aware few/many 2018 applicants are still in process. Parents' sponsorship was use to be a process of 6-7 years. The delay for parents and grandparents was estimated at 7 years, sometimes more. Have some patience.

https://ocasi.org/sponsoring-parents-and-grandparents
My friend, I am not a 2018 applicant and do not care at all if the process use to take 10 years before finalizing. The world and technology are advancing… I guess IRCC too with their new system. My parents application was submitted in 2021. So if there is ANYWAY IRCC can accommodate those 10000 applications by processing them digitally with the 30000 to come later in October 2021, why not asking? Does it cost anything to ask? This is common sense. Not lack of patience! If that works we will ALL benefit from it; if not at least I TRIED, and life keeps moving. Good luck!