+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
I have an update for people with parents in Canada on a Super Visa especially if their 2 years are expiring soon and they want to apply or have already applied for an extension -

So as some of you may already know on this thread, my parents’ 2 years were up in May 2021 so we applied for a visitor extension (visitor record) in late March 2021. This was mainly because we wanted to avoid non-essential international travel, confirm acquisition of two doses and the fact that a PGP2020 PR application was now in progress too.

Today, we received online confirmation that the application was approved and an extension was granted until late March 2022 (exactly one year from application date).

I’ll be honest, we were hoping that an extension is granted for one year from the date of approval (July 2021 to July 2022) but one year from the date of application sounds fair too (March 2021 to March 2022) since my parents kinda got to continue staying here in Canada on an implied status without having to go back.

Also, the processing time for a visitor record as of today is close to 5 months. We were surprised to get our approval today after just under 4 months since applying. Hoping they start moving ahead faster with all of our PGP applications too! Cheers!
They didn’t ask for medicals?

The govt recently announced that ppl already that had medicals done in the past five years without any health issues might not need to do medicals again but it was specifically for pr applicants. It would be good news if it was for extensions as well

Reactions: hotsalsa

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
They didn’t ask for medicals?

The govt recently announced that ppl already that had medicals done in the past five years without any health issues might not need to do medicals again but it was specifically for pr applicants. It would be good news if it was for extensions as well
Yeah, no medicals.

I didn't know I was supposed to expect medicals for a visitor record application too but it’s great we didn’t have to do medicals.

Reactions: Aspiring Canadian

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
PGP 2021: Canada to share Parents and Grandparents details tomorrow
Canada immigration minister Marco Mendicino will make an announcement at 2 p.m. EST

Canada will announce the details of the 2021 Parents and Grandparents Program tomorrow, Tuesday July 20, at 2 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST).

This year IRCC will process up to 30,000 new PGP applications.

The eligibility criteria for the PGP includes sponsors:

• Being Canadian citizens or permanent residents
  • Be at least 18 years old
  • Meet IRCC’s Minimum Necessary Income level
  • Sign IRCC’s sponsorship undertaking agreement. Sponsors and co-signers are legally obliged to repay any social assistance that is paid to their sponsored relatives. The undertaking period is 20 years for sponsors and co-signers who reside outside of Quebec. It is 10 years for those living in Quebec.

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
When 2020 applicants have not yet received AOR, IRCC is preparing for 2021 program. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Looks like file processing is not priority.

bluelaces

Dec 19, 2019
How the 2021 process will work
The steps to apply to sponsor your parents and grandparents will be a bit different for the 2021 process. We’ll randomly select and invite potential sponsors from the remaining pool of interest to sponsor forms submitted in 2020. We’ll send enough invitations to apply to reach our goal of accepting 30,000 complete applications.

If you lost or forgot your confirmation number
After we’ve sent all invitations to apply, check your invitation status through our online form. We’ll answer you within 10 business days.

PP2014

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Does anyone know if that link is still working where we use to put our confirmation number (generated when sponsor interest form submitted) from PGP 2020 and it comes up with the status if you are invited or not ?

Reactions: Aspiring Canadian

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
so basically it looks like people that has submitted an interest to sponsor form in 2020 don’t have to do anything else and if they get selected they’ll get an email to apply. No new submissions for 2021. Have I understood this correctly?

PP2014

Star Member
Nov 26, 2014
Does anyone know if that link is still working where we use to put our confirmation number (generated when sponsor interest form submitted) from PGP 2020 and it comes up with the status if you are invited or not ?

Edisonp

Apr 30, 2021
Finally, the status is changed in ECAS today. Add a new line:
“We started processing you application on July 19, 2021”

( The application is received by cic on Jan12)

No official AOR email yet. But I got a file number after linking the application to my CIC account.

Last edited:

inder321

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Canada
App. Filed.......
07-08-2014
Nomination.....
N.A.
AOR Received.
01-12-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted With Application
Med's Request
25-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Planning in July
I have an update for people with parents in Canada on a Super Visa especially if their 2 years are expiring soon and they want to apply or have already applied for an extension -

So as some of you may already know on this thread, my parents’ 2 years were up in May 2021 so we applied for a visitor extension (visitor record) in late March 2021. This was mainly because we wanted to avoid non-essential international travel, confirm acquisition of two doses and the fact that a PGP2020 PR application was now in progress too.

Today, we received online confirmation that the application was approved and an extension was granted until late March 2022 (exactly one year from application date).

I’ll be honest, we were hoping that an extension is granted for one year from the date of approval (July 2021 to July 2022) but one year from the date of application sounds fair too (March 2021 to March 2022) since my parents kinda got to continue staying here in Canada on an implied status without having to go back.

Also, the processing time for a visitor record as of today is close to 5 months. We were surprised to get our approval today after just under 4 months since applying. Hoping they start moving ahead faster with all of our PGP applications too! Cheers!
thats wonderful.. I applied for extension in June first week...fingers cross and expecting the get extension approval in Sep without Medicals.

open

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-apr-2014
AOR Received.
30-apr-2014
Finally, the status is changed in ECAS today. Add a new line:
“We started processing you application on July 19, 2021”

( The application is received by cic on Jan12)

No official AOR email yet. But I got a file number after linking the application to my CIC account.
Nice! What's the status on Ecas? Is it "Application Received" or "In Process"?