+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Congrats, If the status of the your sponsorship application is “in process “ then soon it would be decision made. Once Sponsorship eligibility is approved then biometrics and medicals will be the next step.
There is no guarantee that being in process means imminent approval. Security and criminality can take a significant amount of time.

pgp2020iran

Star Member
May 4, 2021
Hi All, here is my case.

1. I submit my application in Feb 2020
2. I got an email from IRCC on Apr 2020 to resubmit some application
3. I submitted the application back and got the confirmation on May 2020
4. I didn't get any email after that like AOR or anything
5. I logged in online and try to link my parent's account, I got an error that no application was found on that name.

I don't know what to do next. I am looking for your advice.

Many Thanks
Hi, try through this link:
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do

popjess

Star Member
Feb 5, 2021
My package delivered in Jan 29, and requested for documents on Feb 9.
My status is Application Received.
Is it normal?
I am so teriffied for having not received my additional documents....

MAHESARI

Star Member
Apr 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 10, 2011
AOR Received.
July 13, 2011
Med's Request
July 13, 2011
Med's Done....
July 22, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 12, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 20, 2011
LANDED..........
Dec 23, 2011
Application delivered January 26…ecas changed to in process today.
Started processing application on 30 july.

Reactions: gen_z

gen_z

May 23, 2018
That's what actually I was wondering if anyone got such AoR or In-Process email. I didn't get any email from IRCC till date (except the reminders to apply before end date).
Thanks for the information!

Im wondering what do you see in the new tracker? In ECAS, it shows that the application has been received (but nothing about it being processed).

However, in the new tracker, Im seeing that under "Background check", it says
  • "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
Im wondering if you saw a similar message under the new tracker, thanks.

10years montreal

Dec 29, 2017
Application delivered January 26…ecas changed to in process today.
Started processing application on 30 july.
The account that I opened for my parents shows
"Application status"
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
And it shows the same
  • "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Thanks so much! My understanding is that supervisa can be extended within Canada but when parents are outside and they used two years out of 5 years (even when the expiry date of 10 years is not yet up), a new application for supervisa should be submitted. Did I get it right or am I missing something? Thanks so much for your patience to help me understand, really appreciate.
Hi,

I feel like there is still some confusion.

- Your parents most likely have a Super Visa granted for 10 years.

- They DO NOT need to apply for a NEW Super Visa until these 10 years are over.

- So if the 10 years are not over and your parents want to visit Canada, they can certainly do so based on their valid Super Visa.

- How long will they be allowed to stay all depends on the Border Officer. It’s usually 2 years for the first initial visit but a subsequent visit could be for another 2 years or maybe even 6 months or maybe even somewhere in between 6 months and 2 years.

- Let’s say your parents arrive and stay for a full 2 years (or 6 months) and they want to continue staying past these 2 years (or 6 months) without leaving Canada then you have to apply for a Visitor Record Extension from within Canada. Your parents continue staying in Canada on an implied status while a decision is reached for the visitor record extension application. Once granted, your parents can continue staying in Canada till the new expiry date on the visitor record document (which is most likely a year from the date of application in my experience).

- If the Super Visa has expired after it’s 10 years, apply for a new Super Visa.

I know this was heavily worded but I hope you have a better idea. Still happy to help if you need any more clarification.

Cryu

Jan 5, 2021
I was able to link my pgp application by using a primary applicant information which is my parent. Those of you who weren't able to link the application, try using the primary applicant information.

gen_z

May 23, 2018
The account that I opened for my parents shows
"Application status"
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
And it shows the same
Hi, this is also what I am seeing, but when I log into ECAS tracker, it then says application received only (nothing about it started processing yet).

So Im not sure which tracker to trust now. What does it show in your ECAS tracker, thanks.

10years montreal

Dec 29, 2017
Hi, this is also what I am seeing, but when I log into ECAS tracker, it then says application received only (nothing about it started processing yet).

So Im not sure which tracker to trust now. What does it show in your ECAS tracker, thanks.
the same. Application received

marcewang

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Hi Everyone. I was looking for this forum everywhere and was finally able to find it!
I put in my parents name in 2020 and never got an email. I checked my junk many times. Just realized there was a way to check your confirmation code against a list. Has anyone tried calling and asking an agent to check if it was selected the first time?
If i was selected the first time and did not go through the process of applying will my name be drawn again ?
Thanks