Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2011
Doc's Request.
23-02-2012
AOR Received.
04-01-2012 (Email from Buffalo)
File Transfer...
02-02-2012 (Buffalo->New York: notified by email from Buffalo)
Med's Done....
18-01-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012; 23Apr: PP copy delivered at NY
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2012 (as per COPR); 4May: Decision Made on eCAS; 8May: COPR rcvd (Canada address)
LANDED..........
10-05-2012; 12May: Status in eCAS disappeared; 13Jul: PR Card rcv'd
As for eCAS not giving enough updates, has any of you completed the survey after you've logged off from eCAS? There is a "Give us feedback on our online services" link. The link will take you to the following survey page. Please feel free to act on it.

http://cic.sondages-surveys.ca/s/eservices-servicese/?l=en.

/Quote/

Online Services Survey

The purpose of this voluntary online survey is to assist Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) identify problem areas for our clients and help us improve our online services.

This survey should take approximately 10 minutes to complete.

Note: The survey is anonymous and your personal information will not be collected at any point during its completion. Please do not ask questions about applications or your case as they will not be responded to.

/Unquote/

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
Shiny88 said:
''we really dont have enough info to directly jump up and start in on them before knowing the facts.'' So why they dont lets us know, After all we are not sponsoring a friend but a life partner..The precious time is waisted without knowing whats going on with preasure,confusion and tension. It doesnt matter how long it takes for them to process but atleast give some godamn updates.On ecas my application is received for over one year now without update or aything beside receiving the interview letter. So how depressing is that.......anyway relation goes downhill for me and i guess for thousands of us.With all this stress blaming each other for everything...
Trust me I can totally understand your frustration. It isnt fair. Have you made the steps to get your mp involved? or rather that of your sponsor? Like I said everyones case are so different...maybe what is causing a hold up is background checks, or whatever they want to interview you about...

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
Mrslwsn said:
Trust me I can totally understand your frustration. It isnt fair. Have you made the steps to get your mp involved? or rather that of your sponsor? Like I said everyones case are so different...maybe what is causing a hold up is background checks, or whatever they want to interview you about...
No i havent contacted my local MP yet i am planning on soon, but i dont think its gonna make any impact.But i am looking into it, if no news by the end of May i will go to see the Federal member of Parliament of my city and if i have to i will meet ALL OF THEM.The fact is that i read every embassy schedule interview once or twice a year, now am wondering when the hell is gonna be for us..

cslave

Star Member
Feb 8, 2012
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2007
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
05-05-2012 from LVO
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Request
20-12-2012
Med's Done....
04-01-2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
26-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-07-2013
LANDED..........
04-08-2013
Should add the unfair distribution of 2012 quota. So why CPC-Ottawa is getting 15000 quota instead clearing backlog of local visa office.Some local visa office (specially CHC Singapore,Islamabad,ND) project longer time to clear backlog. It is totally unfair and discriminatory.

http://www.sponsorourparents.org/

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mrslwsn said:
Why make it individual? Why talk to MP's when this should not be needed! Why each of us look for his own while we can stick together???

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
Obviously I am basing it off the fact that everyone's situation is different BASED on the criteria for entering Canada, sorry I am not gonna "stick together" with people I am not sure have valid reasons for entering Canada. Do you know how many hundreds of thousands of ppl marry just to come??? Oh please, I am not going to be a sheep herded with the masses, I am an immigrant too and even if I am to be honest in my own culture ( Jamaican) fraud cases of immigration run rampant. We even have a name for it, so it clearly well known. So no, I am not going to hype up. I feel it for every single legitimate person who is waiting, not been receiving updates, been screwed about by the process and treated unfairly, but that was not my experience, and there is always 3 sides to every story.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mrslwsn said:
Obviously I am basing it off the fact that everyone's situation is different BASED on the criteria for entering Canada, sorry I am not gonna "stick together" with people I am not sure have valid reasons for entering Canada. Do you know how many hundreds of thousands of ppl marry just to come??? Oh please, I am not going to be a sheep herded with the masses, I am an immigrant too and even if I am to be honest in my own culture ( Jamaican) fraud cases of immigration run rampant. We even have a name for it, so it clearly well known. So no, I am not going to hype up. I feel it for every single legitimate person who is waiting, not been receiving updates, been screwed about by the process and treated unfairly, but that was not my experience, and there is always 3 sides to every story.
The petition is targeting the first step as of now and it is targeting the general facts. Nothing is individual.

I am NOT an immigrant and Canada is not a paradise to even think about fraudaulent ways to get into. We respect each individual culture but in Canada we can evaluate/question the performance of our institutions. We pay taxes and live in a democrat country. We are not a passive culture... I realize that many abuse the system but those should be individually punished. We assume all applicants are innconet till proven otherwise, then punish those who are not. Although as I said the petition is for the 1 stage which does not deal with how genuine the relation is.

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
I agree with Mrslwsn.

I would bet $1000 that out of 1000 applicants, only a small percentage receive poor or unfair treatment. You can't base statistics on immigration cases from an internet forum and expect people to take you seriously. Think of all the other forums and applicants out there in the world...again...this is why the number of signatories is so small compared to the number of applicants...

Hey, I was originally told that my son's citizenship certificate would take 12 months or longer...3 months and he has it...and he'll have his passport in less than a month. Not bad...not bad at all.

Again, I truly believe it all comes down to the applicants and how well prepared their applications are...beyond that...if there is a backlog, nothing we can do about it...I doubt CIC is purposely trying to cause anguish for applicants and their families...it's probably more to do with a huge volume of incoming applications...but again...if your case is legit and straightforward, it will be processed faster than others...which is fair enough.

FS

peoples_champ

Star Member
Jan 19, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
liuminparis said:
Hi All,

Today is the day CIC will update its website for process time again. I know there are numerous people anxiously waiting for the update although we know it might be another lie as what happened in the last 4 weeks.

Do we continue to wait with silence for another non sense? I personally will say no. Here my purpose is call for an online petition to CIC's poor practice of declaring process time information on their official website as it has caused unnecessary worries and more burden to CIC call centre as many people have to call the centre just for information they promised to provide, i.e. email acknowledge for receipt of application, in time update of application process on each case, processing time of each type of immigration process.

below is the peition I created and I paste the content below for you to read. I welcome suggestion of modification.

Thank you for reading

petition link:
http://www.change.org/petitions/jason-kenney-minister-of-citizenship-immigration-and-multiculturalism-improve-cic-s-poor-practice-in-dealing-with-immigration-applications-2

petition content:

CIC has failed its performance standard by doing the following:
1. failed to send acknowledge email after receiving applications. Only a few people received emails to acknowledge the receipt of application. Most people only are contact for the first time when their sponsorship applications are approved/declined, which is normally 8 to 10 weeks after the application was submitted.
2. failed to provide precise information of family class immigration processing time on their official website in the last 3 weeks.The family class immigration processing time was update on March 8th, 2012 as 55 days (working on applications received on January 25, 2012) and didn't change for the last three weeks. The website is clearly not showing the correct processing time.
3. failed to update each case's status in time. CIC's is very slow to update each case's actual status online. People still have to rely on mail or telephone to get information from CIC
4.CIC call centre gave irresponsible reply to applicants' inquiry regarding unfound cases and delayed process. The typical answer to past-dated cases inquiry is 'please call back in 2 or 3 weeks' time', which is not helpful at all. (please refer to the following immigration forum links for real cases:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/january-2012-applicants-join-here-t92925.1395.html
The CIC's performance in the past three weeks is very disappointing, erratic and IRRESPONSIBLE. CIC's poor practice has caused unnecessary anxiety among a lot of immigration applicants. It also shaked people's trust on Government's efficiency and honesty as CIC website is showing unreal processing time to cover their poor performance to the public and their ministry.This is certainly unfair and irresponsible treatment to immigration applicants who has followed all the government's requirement to gather information and pay the fee.
We hereby ask the Ministry of Immigration to check CIC's performance and improve it to reflect transparency, honesty and diligence of government's work.

SIGNED.

It will not make any difference to CIC. As Canada is choice for many and unfortunately CIC is short on man power; therefore, we should give them space and let them do their job. This doesn't mean we shouldn't contact them or inquire about case, but we should always be careful in what we say and how we act.

GOOD LUCK to everyone and please be patient. I am also suffering.

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fencesitter said:
I agree with Mrslwsn.

I would bet $1000 that out of 1000 applicants, only a small percentage receive poor or unfair treatment. You can't base statistics on immigration cases from an internet forum and expect people to take you seriously. Think of all the other forums and applicants out there in the world...again...this is why the number of signatories is so small compared to the number of applicants...

Hey, I was originally told that my son's citizenship certificate would take 12 months or longer...3 months and he has it...and he'll have his passport in less than a month. Not bad...not bad at all.

Again, I truly believe it all comes down to the applicants and how well prepared their applications are...beyond that...if there is a backlog, nothing we can do about it...I doubt CIC is purposely trying to cause anguish for applicants and their families...it's probably more to do with a huge volume of incoming applications...but again...if your case is legit and straightforward, it will be processed faster than others...which is fair enough.

FS
Unfortunately, there is a huge difference between stories and facts. We are targeting facts. We are not saying whose side of the story.
Please read carefully the facts:
CIC website and how it was handled!
CIC call center agents!
CIC not sending AOR
These facts has nothing nothing to do with each individual case.
Why some think it is a privilege to sponsor your spouse!!! That is NOT a privilege...Immigrants feel they are blessed to have been accepted to the paradise Canada!!...Sorry I do not feel or perceive it that way...

The number who signed is really good ... we did not publicize it in TV!!

Although I do not agree with the way CIC is handling the whole process however I emphasize the fact that this petition is targeting 1st stage. I will voice my opinion about other stages later. In brief everyone should be treated as innocent until proven guilty. Also when punishing we should punish only guilty not innocent with guilty.

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
cslave said:
Should add the unfair distribution of 2012 quota. So why CPC-Ottawa is getting 15000 quota instead clearing backlog of local visa office.Some local visa office (specially CHC Singapore,Islamabad,ND) project longer time to clear backlog. It is totally unfair and discriminatory.
CPP-Ottawa would be finalizing the applications from people all over (not just parents who are currently in Canada). This would reduce the burden on the local visa offices. So I wouldn't call it unfair.

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
Dr Eng X said:
The petition is targeting the first step as of now and it is targeting the general facts. Nothing is individual.

I am NOT an immigrant and Canada is not a paradise to even think about fraudaulent ways to get into. We respect each individual culture but in Canada we can evaluate/question the performance of our institutions. We pay taxes and live in a democrat country. We are not a passive culture... I realize that many abuse the system but those should be individually punished. We assume all applicants are innconet till proven otherwise, then punish those who are not. Although as I said the petition is for the 1 stage which does not deal with how genuine the relation is.
I agree with you 100% and what is driving me even more nuts is that we are canadians who have been paying taxes all these years for what? I still have to deal with Quebec after this who in a matter of 2 years have increased out Prov taxes by 2% and still want to raise everything else...So many cases are fraudulent...when someone obtains their PR and Sponsors someone to then go on welfare...that pisses me off..then the sponsored person in turn does the same...Too many examples to give.. There should be changes to avoid fraudulent cases that way we wouldn't be waiting so long. If you've only applied at the end of march or beginning of April and think that this does not affect you think again, you will be doing the exact same things everyone else is doing...leaning on each other... that's what it's all about...support I am lucky enough to have my husband with me, ya it's tough on one salary but I am making it work. When you are so close yet so far from something it can be overwhelming, if no emotions are involved than why would we go through this process?

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
Fencesitter said:
I agree with Mrslwsn.

FS
My application was sent by attorney David Cohen's team after they revised and double checked everything...does that mean i will be put at the top of the list by CPC-M? It unfortunately doesn't work that way...they have a real problem with their new software and new forms etc and huge delays and nobody receiving an AOR is just unacceptable, the least they could do is Acknowledge the application...that is what most people are worried about! Hope it goes faster but look at the january spreadsheet and see for yourself!

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cgagnon said:
I agree with you 100% and what is driving me even more nuts is that we are canadians who have been paying taxes all these years for what? I still have to deal with Quebec after this who in a matter of 2 years have increased out Prov taxes by 2% and still want to raise everything else...So many cases are fraudulent...when someone obtains their PR and Sponsors someone to then go on welfare...that pisses me off..then the sponsored person in turn does the same...Too many examples to give.. There should be changes to avoid fraudulent cases that way we wouldn't be waiting so long. If you've only applied at the end of march or beginning of April and think that this does not affect you think again, you will be doing the exact same things everyone else is doing...leaning on each other... that's what it's all about...support I am lucky enough to have my husband with me, ya it's tough on one salary but I am making it work. When you are so close yet so far from something it can be overwhelming, if no emotions are involved than why would we go through this process?
The problem with those voicing negative opinions is they did not even bother to read the petition to start!
You are so true ...welfare is not abused by immigrants only but by many others...I was a big earner for few months and I paid huge huge taxes...now I am Not a big earner any more but my net income is almost the same...I look at my neighbor whom I have not seen working at all, ....he and his girl friend play video games, visit relatives, do drugs, play loud music at the end get checks from government...

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
cgagnon said:
My application was sent by attorney David Cohen's team after they revised and double checked everything...does that mean i will be put at the top of the list by CPC-M? It unfortunately doesn't work that way...they have a real problem with their new software and new forms etc and huge delays and nobody receiving an AOR is just unacceptable, the least they could do is Acknowledge the application...that is what most people are worried about! Hope it goes faster but look at the january spreadsheet and see for yourself!
Where did you hear they are having problems with new software and new forms?