WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
This is an interesting thread.

Though I feel bad for those who have experienced long delays or other issues, I have to say that so far, CIC has been top notch. For my son's proof of citizenship card, the timeline for outland applications is usually 12 months. I just received an e-mail today saying this his card is ready for pick-up. 3 months!! Not bad...a good first impression, at least.

Moreover, for all the cases where there have been problems, don't you think there are many on the opposite side? In other words, though it might take some folks 70-80 days for sponsorship approval, it may take others a lot less than that...

I'm staying positive throughout this process, because at the end of the day I have faith in, not my government, but the people. I know they will do their duty...I just know it...I'm looking at a 19 month timeline out of Hong Kong...after the impression with my son's proof of citizenship card, I believe this will actually only take about 5 moths. I have Chinese friends who have received their PR visa within this time, several of them, so although there are those who have legitimate complaints, let's not forget all those who have had positive experiences...they're probably the silent majority, and hence only 34 people have signed the petition.

Just my two cents.

FS

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
Fencesitter said:
This is an interesting thread.

Though I feel bad for those who have experienced long delays or other issues, I have to say that so far, CIC has been top notch. For my son's proof of citizenship card, the timeline for outland applications is usually 12 months. I just received an e-mail today saying this his card is ready for pick-up. 3 months!! Not bad...a good first impression, at least.

Moreover, for all the cases where there have been problems, don't you think there are many on the opposite side? In other words, though it might take some folks 70-80 days for sponsorship approval, it may take others a lot less than that...

I'm staying positive throughout this process, because at the end of the day I have faith in, not my government, but the people. I know they will do their duty...I just know it...I'm looking at a 19 month timeline out of Hong Kong...after the impression with my son's proof of citizenship card, I believe this will actually only take about 5 moths. I have Chinese friends who have received their PR visa within this time, several of them, so although there are those who have legitimate complaints, let's not forget all those who have had positive experiences...they're probably the silent majority, and hence only 34 people have signed the petition.

Just my two cents.

FS
some people may not sign cuz they think it could jeopardize their application...who knows?! with this gouverment it could....noone says they r all bad, me too i dealt with them many times with no serious issues....and noone is asking for all the cases to be processed in 1 month, but just TO KNOW SOMETHING; i mean say: we got ur application, we started to process, we need to do further checks, anything.....people don't say process me fast they say please let me know something!!! do they really need to beg for a confirmation?! after 60-70 days u might just start to think that u need to start all over again and again until u send probably half a year is lost....people have lives too, no? in a few months so many things can happen and u cannot get a plain confirmation of receipt?! what we all want is just a little transparency....like if u let one guy know that they receive his application, why not let everyone know? we all pay the same taxes, the same fees, same courrier costs, etc etc...if u look how big is the January table with mostly still waiting, it's just plain rude and unprofessional....

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Fair enough. I totally agree about notifications, but every application is different, so in terms of expediency, I think it really depends on each individual case.

You're absolutely right, though. If they're employed at CIC, they should have some sort of training on what it's like to be an applicant and how important this process is to individuals and their families. A touch of sensitivity and empathy can make all the difference in the world.

The point of my earlier post was to counter the argument that CIC routinely do not follow procedure. I would speculate that these kinds of incidents are the exception, not the rule.

As for why the number of signatories is so low, yes, I would agree it probably has to do with fear. Rightly so, I would think...as this process is hard enough, who would want to jeopardize an open immigration case??? It's a just cause, but do it AFTER you receive your PR...then again...once it's over with, I doubt most people would want to fight it out with the Canadian government. Not worth the time, nor the energy.

We're all in this together, one way or another, so it goes without saying that I support all the genuine immigration cases pending approval.

If the elapsed time runs over the 55 day mark, wouldn't it be a simple matter of calling CIC to find out what's going on? And are you saying that they are still processing the January applications for sponsorship? That's out of order...no doubt about it...but do we know exactly why? Surely there are avenues to finding out...it's not like it is in China where you have no way of challenging the government. There must be a way...

FS

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
I am not fearful of signing, I just dont feel all that is necessary. The government does what the government does. yes I feel there is power in numbers, and that you should stand up for what is right, but in THIS particular situation, I have no idea how cic works, I have no idea if the reason some ppl are recieving less notifications has to do with individual circumstances, or how their app was put together, we really dont have enough info to directly jump up and start in on them before knowing the facts.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
Fencesitter said:
Fair enough. I totally agree about notifications, but every application is different, so in terms of expediency, I think it really depends on each individual case.

You're absolutely right, though. If they're employed at CIC, they should have some sort of training on what it's like to be an applicant and how important this process is to individuals and their families. A touch of sensitivity and empathy can make all the difference in the world.

The point of my earlier post was to counter the argument that CIC routinely do not follow procedure. I would speculate that these kinds of incidents are the exception, not the rule.

As for why the number of signatories is so low, yes, I would agree it probably has to do with fear. Rightly so, I would think...as this process is hard enough, who would want to jeopardize an open immigration case??? It's a just cause, but do it AFTER you receive your PR...then again...once it's over with, I doubt most people would want to fight it out with the Canadian government. Not worth the time, nor the energy.

We're all in this together, one way or another, so it goes without saying that I support all the genuine immigration cases pending approval.

If the elapsed time runs over the 55 day mark, wouldn't it be a simple matter of calling CIC to find out what's going on? And are you saying that they are still processing the January applications for sponsorship? That's out of order...no doubt about it...but do we know exactly why? Surely there are avenues to finding out...it's not like it is in China where you have no way of challenging the government. There must be a way...

FS
i am January applicant and most of my group passed 70 days to know something!!!!!! so we don't really complain for the sake of complaining ::) please take a look at the Jan thread and spreadsheet and u will understand more what people r going through (one member waited 81 days, another one reached 83 with still no news, actually they start to tell him that maybe his application is lost)....when u call they r as confused as we r; those agents r just guessing things and just say something for the sake of saying which usually does not make sense....people call and they r told to call back in 1 month!! (after their processing date passed) i mean come on!!! :eek: :eek: that's ridiculous

edit: this is the spreadsheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AmxynnoT1qeadGJZWUlfekZUbm9YTVJuVzNFejU3eGc

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
Mrslwsn said:
I am not fearful of signing, I just dont feel all that is necessary. The government does what the government does. yes I feel there is power in numbers, and that you should stand up for what is right, but in THIS particular situation, I have no idea how cic works, I have no idea if the reason some ppl are recieving less notifications has to do with individual circumstances, or how their app was put together, we really dont have enough info to directly jump up and start in on them before knowing the facts.
well it does not matter the individual case, some cases r faster some r slower that's normal....but it's just a matter of fairness - we pay the same we should all b treated the same and get a confirmation that our application is getting dusty on their desk ;)

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Someone from January called and was told they have hundreds of thousands of applications right now.

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
That many, really?

Wow...hat's off to CIC if they can get things finished within 90 days...that's a lot of work!!!

FS

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
I believe it because of the sudden and major delays. Everyone mailed their app after the new year.

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
Nevermind. Stats don't support the possibility.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/statistics/facts2011-preliminary/01.asp

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
Mrslwsn said:
''we really dont have enough info to directly jump up and start in on them before knowing the facts.'' So why they dont lets us know, After all we are not sponsoring a friend but a life partner..The precious time is waisted without knowing whats going on with preasure,confusion and tension. It doesnt matter how long it takes for them to process but atleast give some godamn updates.On ecas my application is received for over one year now without update or aything beside receiving the interview letter. So how depressing is that.......anyway relation goes downhill for me and i guess for thousands of us.With all this stress blaming each other for everything...

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not only looking for AOR which became history. I am asking for transparency, honesity, fairness, .... etc. I am asking for my right as a citizen on my country.
We are not jumping to conclusions at all. We have so many facts. Remember that what we see here is just the tip of the iceberge. We are a small slice.
Regarding the number of signatures that really means a large number has signed if you compare with the numbers here in this forum
I have not voted for the current government but even those who voted will not accept most of that. (Although they did accept re-electing a no cofidence government)

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Shiny88 said:
''we really dont have enough info to directly jump up and start in on them before knowing the facts.'' So why they dont lets us know, After all we are not sponsoring a friend but a life partner..The precious time is waisted without knowing whats going on with preasure,confusion and tension. It doesnt matter how long it takes for them to process but atleast give some godamn updates.On ecas my application is received for over one year now without update or aything beside receiving the interview letter. So how depressing is that.......anyway relation goes downhill for me and i guess for thousands of us.With all this stress blaming each other for everything...
That's unfortunate, the part about your relationship going downhill.

It's a shame....

madmtl

Mar 5, 2012
83 days in mississauga!

last week,I called the call center and I asked to speak to a supervisor. Today I received a call and they told me they have my file, they have problems, to be patient, and give them time until late April. So nothing new. This is another performance of the conservative majority government!

http://www.change.org/petitions/minister-of-citizenship-immigration-and-multiculturalism-improve-cic-s-poor-practice-in-dealing-with-immigration-applications-2

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr Eng X said:
I am not only looking for AOR which became history. I am asking for transparency, honesity, fairness, .... etc.
Exactly. Why does CIC cling to the fiction of "55 days" on its website when Jan applicants are waiting 80+ days with no word? Why do they say they're working on Jan 25 applications when there are people as far back as Jan 11 whose files haven't been opened yet? Why do they say sending acknowledgement letters is standard procedure when this is not in fact true? Why do 5 call centre agents invariably give you 5 different answers to the same question?

Like others, my frustration has nothing to do with longer stage 1 processing times but rather the lack of accurate information, lack of consistent operating procedures, lack of predictability in dealing with CIC. Stage 1 may usually be the easy part of the waiting game but certainly not of late.