+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

petition call to Ministry of Immigration for CIC's poor practice

liuminparis

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
Hi All,

Today is the day CIC will update its website for process time again. I know there are numerous people anxiously waiting for the update although we know it might be another lie as what happened in the last 4 weeks.

Do we continue to wait with silence for another non sense? I personally will say no. Here my purpose is call for an online petition to CIC's poor practice of declaring process time information on their official website as it has caused unnecessary worries and more burden to CIC call centre as many people have to call the centre just for information they promised to provide, i.e. email acknowledge for receipt of application, in time update of application process on each case, processing time of each type of immigration process.

below is the peition I created and I paste the content below for you to read. I welcome suggestion of modification.

Thank you for reading

petition link:
http://www.change.org/petitions/jason-kenney-minister-of-citizenship-immigration-and-multiculturalism-improve-cic-s-poor-practice-in-dealing-with-immigration-applications-2

petition content:

CIC has failed its performance standard by doing the following:
1. failed to send acknowledge email after receiving applications. Only a few people received emails to acknowledge the receipt of application. Most people only are contact for the first time when their sponsorship applications are approved/declined, which is normally 8 to 10 weeks after the application was submitted.
2. failed to provide precise information of family class immigration processing time on their official website in the last 3 weeks.The family class immigration processing time was update on March 8th, 2012 as 55 days (working on applications received on January 25, 2012) and didn't change for the last three weeks. The website is clearly not showing the correct processing time.
3. failed to update each case's status in time. CIC's is very slow to update each case's actual status online. People still have to rely on mail or telephone to get information from CIC
4.CIC call centre gave irresponsible reply to applicants' inquiry regarding unfound cases and delayed process. The typical answer to past-dated cases inquiry is 'please call back in 2 or 3 weeks' time', which is not helpful at all. (please refer to the following immigration forum links for real cases:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/january-2012-applicants-join-here-t92925.1395.html
The CIC's performance in the past three weeks is very disappointing, erratic and IRRESPONSIBLE. CIC's poor practice has caused unnecessary anxiety among a lot of immigration applicants. It also shaked people’s trust on Government’s efficiency and honesty as CIC website is showing unreal processing time to cover their poor performance to the public and their ministry.This is certainly unfair and irresponsible treatment to immigration applicants who has followed all the government’s requirement to gather information and pay the fee.
We hereby ask the Ministry of Immigration to check CIC’s performance and improve it to reflect transparency, honesty and diligence of government’s work.

susana

Nov 4, 2008
Please be patient! You are not the only one applying! You sent your application few weeks ago and you are already loosing your mind. There are people waiting for years ! Give them time to do their job and wait. You will get your turn.

I.N

Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 07 2011
Doc's Request.
19 10 2011
AOR Received.
14 11 2011
File Transfer...
08 11 2011
Med's Request
new chest x-ray requested for the medical extension on 20 August
Med's Done....
23 06 2011
Interview........
23 July 2012
Passport Req..
9 October 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 October 2012
LANDED..........
2 November 2012
I agree with Susana...

We all are anxious and angry at times for all this process to be over but if you think twice maybe it's not that long to get a permanent residence status in Canada after all...

I've had my sponsorship approved after four months of wating (one month was from my fault,had a missing signature in my forms)...21 July to 8 November... :eek: .

I've beaten a hell of the record here... :-\.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
susana said:
Please be patient! You are not the only one applying! You sent your application few weeks ago and you are already loosing your mind. There are people waiting for years ! Give them time to do their job and wait. You will get your turn.

she is talking abt first stage....does anyone realize that people who apply these days get the sponsor approval after 70-80 days maybe even more although their website says 55?? ??? how would u feel if after 2-3 months of sending to Mississauga (outland applications) u don't even know if ur application arrived or is lost ??? a little awarness is good :)

Zagalo

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing , China
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2011
File Transfer...
10-01-2012
Med's Done....
3-10-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2012
LANDED..........
13-04-2012
susana said:
I do agree that we should be patient given the fact that we are not the only applicants ,but at the same time we should recognise that CIC has some poor and odd methods at time , like not being prompt in communicating with clients, call centres are fine sometimes , but it happens also that they give you no information that will help ease the anxiety and pressure. I believe that CIC should improve the service quality. One example is when th Visa officer at some visa offices requests applicant's passports to keep in their offices for so long ignoring the daily necessity of that precious document when someone lives out of his country for instance. My wife's passport has been with them for the past 1 month and a half , no news! why keeping her passport? this is absurd! when i emailed them they replied with a generic E-mail stating that the application is in process . Why on earth will they keep someone's passport if a decision is not reached on the application? Just imagine the anxiety!
In short , CIC has a lot of work to do but should also avoid keeping applicants in serious anxiety.

We hope this improves !
Good luck to us

JEFFandJANET

Star Member
Mar 12, 2012
Calgary Alberta Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2011
Doc's Request.
24-02-2012
File Transfer...
21-02-2012
Med's Done....
28-11-2011
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
24-02-2012 Passport Sent.: 16-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2012 DM on ECAS...: 19-04-2012
LANDED..........
13-06-2012
I.N said:
I agree with Susana...

We all are anxious and angry at times for all this process to be over but if you think twice maybe it's not that long to get a permanent residence status in Canada after all...

I've had my sponsorship approved after four months of wating (one month was from my fault,had a missing signature in my forms)...21 July to 8 November... :eek: .

I've beaten a hell of the record here... :-\.
[/quote

I got you beat there. Married almost 3 years ago. Finished papers for filing July 2009. Lawyer messed it all up and we had to redo it Dec 2011. Believe me......I know all about waiting and not knowing. Still the best answer is patience and understanding.

Pummelchen

Star Member
Jun 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interestingly Germany is a top country like Canada but my Canadian wife only needs to register to get PR and work permit if we decide to go there. Quick and easy. No application kit needed, just plain register with passport and marriage certificate and that's it.

And Germany gets highly pressured with immigration requests just like Canada but at least a German citizen gets treated respectfully when he/she wants to bring in a foreign partner.

inlimbo

Star Member
Jun 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-2009
File Transfer...
18-06-2009
Interview........
02-06-10
CIC does not care if people suffer.

Shiny88

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (sponsor)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/2011
AOR Received.
03/2011
Med's Request
12/2012
Med's Done....
01/2011
Interview........
request:10/2011, date:12/2012 (Ecas:In Process 13dec.)
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-2013
LANDED..........
3-6-2013 Finally! all the best everyone
AM PUBLISHING THIS PETITION TO EVERYONEEEEEEEE , WE SHOULD ALL GO INFRONT OF JASON KENNEY'S HOUSE TO PROTESTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!LETS DO IT :-[

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
susana said:
I agree as well. I got thru fast, and with no issue, I was given appropriate notices and my ecas was updated as the app progressed. However I know ppl who have waited sooooo long, but endured it with grace and patience, not run off prematurely and hype. Just wait, you cannot fight this process.

mobeyk

Oct 10, 2011
Picton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2012
Doc's Request.
additional docs 29-08-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Med's Done....
15-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 8 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 10 2012
Pummelchen said:
Interestingly Germany is a top country like Canada but my Canadian wife only needs to register to get PR and work permit if we decide to go there. Quick and easy. No application kit needed, just plain register with passport and marriage certificate and that's it.

And Germany gets highly pressured with immigration requests just like Canada but at least a German citizen gets treated respectfully when he/she wants to bring in a foreign partner.
Oh boy, I beg to differ. it all depends on where they come from. My dad had to wait 2 years.....

mobeyk

Oct 10, 2011
Picton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2012
Doc's Request.
additional docs 29-08-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Med's Done....
15-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 8 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 10 2012
Maybe we should work a bit for CIC to see whats going on. We cannot judge how things are in the inner works. Their job is not easy and I know many things that do not work properly in other sectors. It all depends on individual applications and cases. I agree with the message to confirm they received applications but after that its all in the works and we have to wait for our turn. Pressure just causes pressure.

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
liuminparis said:
Hi All,

Today is the day CIC will update its website for process time again. I know there are numerous people anxiously waiting for the update although we know it might be another lie as what happened in the last 4 weeks.

Do we continue to wait with silence for another non sense? I personally will say no. Here my purpose is call for an online petition to CIC's poor practice of declaring process time information on their official website as it has caused unnecessary worries and more burden to CIC call centre as many people have to call the centre just for information they promised to provide, i.e. email acknowledge for receipt of application, in time update of application process on each case, processing time of each type of immigration process.

below is the peition I created and I paste the content below for you to read. I welcome suggestion of modification.

Thank you for reading

petition link:
http://www.change.org/petitions/jason-kenney-minister-of-citizenship-immigration-and-multiculturalism-improve-cic-s-poor-practice-in-dealing-with-immigration-applications-2

petition content:

CIC has failed its performance standard by doing the following:
1. failed to send acknowledge email after receiving applications. Only a few people received emails to acknowledge the receipt of application. Most people only are contact for the first time when their sponsorship applications are approved/declined, which is normally 8 to 10 weeks after the application was submitted.
2. failed to provide precise information of family class immigration processing time on their official website in the last 3 weeks.The family class immigration processing time was update on March 8th, 2012 as 55 days (working on applications received on January 25, 2012) and didn't change for the last three weeks. The website is clearly not showing the correct processing time.
3. failed to update each case's status in time. CIC's is very slow to update each case's actual status online. People still have to rely on mail or telephone to get information from CIC
4.CIC call centre gave irresponsible reply to applicants' inquiry regarding unfound cases and delayed process. The typical answer to past-dated cases inquiry is 'please call back in 2 or 3 weeks' time', which is not helpful at all. (please refer to the following immigration forum links for real cases:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/january-2012-applicants-join-here-t92925.1395.html
The CIC's performance in the past three weeks is very disappointing, erratic and IRRESPONSIBLE. CIC's poor practice has caused unnecessary anxiety among a lot of immigration applicants. It also shaked people's trust on Government's efficiency and honesty as CIC website is showing unreal processing time to cover their poor performance to the public and their ministry.This is certainly unfair and irresponsible treatment to immigration applicants who has followed all the government's requirement to gather information and pay the fee.
We hereby ask the Ministry of Immigration to check CIC's performance and improve it to reflect transparency, honesty and diligence of government's work.

I signed it!!

Pummelchen

Star Member
Jun 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also dont forget that CiC is what the Canadian people want to have. They voted to have a government like this. If you like Canada you have to accept the good and the bad.