+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Renewal Timeline 2018

Corgi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Hmm, thanks. I'm just wondering whether the processing time on the website means the time it takes to pick up your application or actually process the application and send you a new card.

I would think it means the time it takes for your application to be completely processed and the decision made.

If you still haven't got an AoR and it's been 90 days (Jun 5 to Sep 5) already, I would think something is wrong right?

Ah, okay. I always interpreted processing time as complete processing i.e. they pick up the application, review it and make a decision. They should really change the title of that to "Pick up time" to eliminate any confusion. Honestly, the IRCC is making it hard for themselves and applicants by giving zero information after an application is sent. There should be a staff member picking up the applications, sending out AoR's days/weeks after the application is physically received and people would be much happier and less anxious about their applications that way.
Yea for sure, it is a little frustrating not hearing anything back for so long. I kinda just tried to forget about it for the first couple of months. At least I don't have any exciting trips out of the country planned!

Corgi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Ah, congratulations. I hope your photos make it on time as that would be really unfortunate.
Thanks :) If they send it back then I'll have to pay for more photos and they're not cheap! It would be nice not to have to join the back of the queue again but it was my own silly fault. I guess we will see.

inabsentia2

Sep 7, 2018
Thanks :) If they send it back then I'll have to pay for more photos and they're not cheap! It would be nice not to have to join the back of the queue again but it was my own silly fault. I guess we will see.
If they're really taking 3 months to just pick an pack up from the pile I'm hoping they pick it up in the next few days as apparently the first thing they do is a completion check. It would absolutely suck if they sent you a pack back because you didn't have a name on your photos.

I have heard of people getting a message requesting new photos though (if there is nothing wrong with the photo itself).

EDIT: It might be worth calling them and letting them know. They might just be like "Oh, that's fine. We'll go looking for the new photos".

Last edited:

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
My ecas was updated with App received on June 5, 2018
So they picked my file exactly after 3 months.
I think from here it should probably take 2-4 weeks at max to get the card in mail.

vnps1903

Star Member
Sep 3, 2018
Application status changed to 'application received' yesterday. They physically received it June 11th. I realised a few days ago that I forgot to write my name and DOB on the back of my passport photo though. I sent new ones (with a letter explaining my mistake) yesterday via Express post (realised today that I should have picked Priority..d'oh), so the photos will hopefully arrive there on Monday or Tuesday. I hope that they are able to match them up in time, before they send my pack back to me as incomplete :(

vnps1903

Star Member
Sep 3, 2018
Corgi ,what is the latest update? Has your card been mailed?when was the ECas changed ? Can u give timeline date wisedate wise

inabsentia2

Sep 7, 2018
My ecas was updated with App received on June 5, 2018
So they picked my file exactly after 3 months.
I think from here it should probably take 2-4 weeks at max to get the card in mail.
What did it say before that? Just not found?

When did you send it?

Last edited:

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
I sent my app thru regular mail on May 30, 2018 and they received it on June 5, 2018 as per the ecas update.
Before September 4, i had no update on ecas but i checked ecas on Friday, September 7.

tej01

Star Member
May 21, 2010
Interview........
waived
I sent my app thru regular mail on May 30, 2018 and they received it on June 5, 2018 as per the ecas update.
Before September 4, i had no update on ecas but i checked ecas on Friday, September 7.
got any email?

vnps1903

Star Member
Sep 3, 2018
Thanks very much.I should be getting info any day .Hopefully you receive card too at the earliest to travel anytime .Regards

vnps1903

Star Member
Sep 3, 2018
Great! I called IRCC today and was told the card was under production. Hopefully they choose to mail to me other than pick up in the coming week.
My time line: Aug 13 received, Aug 15 AOR email, Aug 16 start processing, Aug 23 DM. I asked for urgent processing because I have a professional training scheduled just after my expiry date and was accepted.
Good luck everybody!