+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Renewal Timeline 2018

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
Great! I called IRCC today and was told the card was under production. Hopefully they choose to mail to me other than pick up in the coming week.
My time line: Aug 13 received, Aug 15 AOR email, Aug 16 start processing, Aug 23 DM. I asked for urgent processing because I have a professional training scheduled just after my expiry date and was accepted.
Good luck everybody!

Cyril_mtl

Aug 27, 2018
Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on May 10, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 30, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on August 30, 2018.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on September 4, 2018.

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
Permanent Resident Card
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on May 10, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 30, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on August 30, 2018.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on September 4, 2018.
So fast...4 days including making the card!

emm2018

Aug 30, 2018
Have you received AOR yet?
Received AOR on 4 Sep.
status DM on 5 Sep. three lines.

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on May 14, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 4, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on September 4, 2018.

vnps1903

Star Member
Sep 3, 2018
I have sent my application on Aug 13 how long it will take to appear in system that they have received my application.
also I forgot to mention name and DOB on the back of the picture I spoke to IRCC agent he advised me to send pictures again with letter of explanation and write Urgent on the envelope, I did yesterday.
I have a flight on January 6th 2019 I hope I will get it before that.
I still have 128 days left do you guys think I will get my PRC before January 6th? as of now its showing 97 days processing time on IRCC website
Well it is difficult to predict but it will b within 96-120 days. The mail room receives applications which are picked randomly it seems.some get much sooner

Reactions: kamil123

inabsentia2

Sep 7, 2018
So I sent in my application on Aug 1 and it was delivered on Aug 3. I still haven't heard anything back, no e-mails and absolutely nothing on E-CAS (not found), not even a "your application was received" message. I've tried all the options - UCI Number, PR card number. Nothing.

Should I be concerned? I tried calling but the service asks for an application number which I don't have.

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
So I sent in my application on Aug 1 and it was delivered on Aug 3. I still haven't heard anything back, no e-mails and absolutely nothing on E-CAS (not found), not even a "your application was received" message. I've tried all the options - UCI Number, PR card number. Nothing.

Should I be concerned? I tried calling but the service asks for an application number which I don't have.
No you need not be worried. I have mailed my application and it was received on June 5th. I have not even received AOR & I expect to get it by October first week.

Corgi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018

It'll probably be at least 60ish more days before they update your status. Mine only just changed to 'application received' yesterday and they physically received my application on June 11th. Up until then it just said there was no information available, which is probably what you're seeing. The current processing time is 93 days I think. They don't appear to update anything until they are actually getting ready to start processing your file.

inabsentia2

Sep 7, 2018
No you need not be worried. I have mailed my application and it was received on June 5th. I have not even received AOR & I expect to get it by October first week.
Hmm, thanks. I'm just wondering whether the processing time on the website means the time it takes to pick up your application or actually process the application and send you a new card.

I would think it means the time it takes for your application to be completely processed and the decision made.

If you still haven't got an AoR and it's been 90 days (Jun 5 to Sep 5) already, I would think something is wrong right?

It'll probably be at least 60ish more days before they update your status. Mine only just changed to 'application received' yesterday and they physically received my application on June 11th. Up until then it just said there was no information available, which is probably what you're seeing. The current processing time is 93 days I think. They don't appear to update anything until they are actually getting ready to start processing your file.
Ah, okay. I always interpreted processing time as complete processing i.e. they pick up the application, review it and make a decision. They should really change the title of that to "Pick up time" to eliminate any confusion. Honestly, the IRCC is making it hard for themselves and applicants by giving zero information after an application is sent. There should be a staff member picking up the applications, sending out AoR's days/weeks after the application is physically received and people would be much happier and less anxious about their applications that way.

Corgi

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Application status changed to 'application received' yesterday. They physically received it June 11th. I realised a few days ago that I forgot to write my name and DOB on the back of my passport photo though. I sent new ones (with a letter explaining my mistake) yesterday via Express post (realised today that I should have picked Priority..d'oh), so the photos will hopefully arrive there on Monday or Tuesday. I hope that they are able to match them up in time, before they send my pack back to me as incomplete :(

inabsentia2

Sep 7, 2018
Application status changed to 'application received' yesterday. They physically received it June 11th. I realised a few days ago that I forgot to write my name and DOB on the back of my passport photo though. I sent new ones (with a letter explaining my mistake) yesterday via Express post (realised today that I should have picked Priority..d'oh), so the photos will hopefully arrive there on Monday or Tuesday. I hope that they are able to match them up in time, before they send my pack back to me as incomplete :(
Ah, congratulations. I hope your photos make it on time as that would be really unfortunate.

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
Hmm, thanks. I'm just wondering whether the processing time on the website means the time it takes to pick up your application or actually process the application and send you a new card.

I would think it means the time it takes for your application to be completely processed and the decision made.

If you still haven't got an AoR and it's been 90 days (Jun 5 to Sep 5) already, I would think something is wrong right?
Well the processing times for June to August applicants was around 117 days. So I am not overtly concerned. :)

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
Good luck mate with your application. I have a similar timeline as yours.