App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
Had any luck with receiving your PR card yet Vishalv? I'm still checking my mailbox multiple times a day HAHA!
Still have not received my PR card yet.

I called IRCC yesterday and spoke to an agent inquiring about my PR card. He informed me that the card has been mailed on Nov 30 & you should get it any time soon. I replied that I have yet to receive it.

When checking my details, I informed him that I had moved to a new address couple of months later after mailing my renewal application & have set up mail forwarding system in order to ensure that PR card reaches my new address. He then said that PR cards usually don't get mail forwarded. He then went on to explain that PR card will now be send back to IRCC. Once IRCC gets the card back, they will mail it to my new address.

The whole point of renewing my PR card was to update the name change I had done. Adding insult to injury, the agent checked his system and informed me that the new card has my old name in it. :mad::mad:. I was simply shocked & couldn't say anything. He added once you receive the card, to notify them and that they will go from there.

All in all IRCC has done a bang up job :mad:. I had started this whole PR card renewal process in June. Looks like even in December, I will not get my new PR card any time soon.:mad:

Last edited:

Lorinamisca

Nov 21, 2018
hi,our timelines are pretty much the same. lets finger crossed.
Hey I have news, now I’m waiting. What about you?
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 5, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 4, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on December 4, 2018.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on December 11, 2018.

OZinON

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
App. Filed.......
12/02/2013
AOR Received.
23/02/2013
Med's Done....
12/01/2013
Passport Req..
02/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
visa exempt
LANDED..........
lived in canada since april 2010, LANDED 28/07/2013

I called IRCC yesterday and spoke to an agent inquiring about my PR card. He informed me that the card has been mailed on Nov 30 & you should get it any time soon. I replied that I have yet to receive it.

When checking my details, I informed him that I had moved to a new address couple of months later after mailing my renewal application & have set up mail forwarding system in order to ensure that PR card reaches my new address. He then said that PR cards usually don't get mail forwarded. He then went on to explain that PR card will now be send back to IRCC. Once IRCC gets the card back, they will mail it to my new address.

The whole point of renewing my PR card was to update the name change I had done. Adding insult to injury, the agent checked his system and informed me that the new card has my old name in it. :mad::mad:. I was simply shocked & couldn't say anything. He added once you receive the card, to notify them and that they will go from there.

All in all IRCC has done a bang up job :mad:. I had started this whole PR card renewal process in June. Looks like even in December, I will not get my new PR card any time soon.:mad:
Oh that's terrible! I'm so sorry to hear this! IRCC really doesn't inspire much confidence in those of us who are being dragged through this process. Wishing you a speedy turnaround time on your new card. Such a pain in the butt to have to go through all of this again when its their mistake (re: wrong name on card).

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
Oh that's terrible! I'm so sorry to hear this! IRCC really doesn't inspire much confidence in those of us who are being dragged through this process. Wishing you a speedy turnaround time on your new card. Such a pain in the butt to have to go through all of this again when its their mistake (re: wrong name on card).
Yes that's what burns me up especially when it's their mistake. Just going to muster all my patience & take a deep breath and apply again hoping they don't screw up up again.

Gracez

Jun 17, 2013
hi all, my ecas updated.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 3, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 2, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on December 2, 2018.
good luck everyone

paul2587

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
NS
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........

God, vishalv, I'm so sorry this has happened. Your situation illustrates some of the many flaws in this renewal process and at CIC in general. No government agency is ever going to be perfect and we can't expect perfection from other human beings, but what has happened to you is ridiculous. I can understand CIC has a policy about mail forwarding because of concerns about theft or fraud of official government documents; this is common and not limited to CIC. What I can't understand is why they did not get your name correct on your new card. There is no excuse for this.

paul2587

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
NS
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
hi all, my ecas updated.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 3, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 2, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on December 2, 2018.
good luck everyone
Congrats. Based on your post and others this week, it appears that a lot of late September/early October applicants are leaping ahead of those of us who applied in early/mid September. A handful of us on here who have been DM since mid November are still at DM with nothing else.

Lorinamisca

Nov 21, 2018
Congrats. Based on your post and others this week, it appears that a lot of late September/early October applicants are leaping ahead of those of us who applied in early/mid September. A handful of us on here who have been DM since mid November are still at DM with nothing else.
Hey Paul are you still on Dm? I thought they already sent your card

paul2587

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
NS
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Hey Paul are you still on Dm? I thought they already sent your card
I wish. No, I'm still on DM. Been DM in ECAS since 16 November. I called a few days ago and was just told that it's currently still in process, no info on if/when it will be approved, why it is taking so long, etc.. There appear to be about half a dozen people who applied around the same time as me who are stuck in DM with no further progress since mid November and no explanation from CIC.

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
God, vishalv, I'm so sorry this has happened. Your situation illustrates some of the many flaws in this renewal process and at CIC in general. No government agency is ever going to be perfect and we can't expect perfection from other human beings, but what has happened to you is ridiculous. I can understand CIC has a policy about mail forwarding because of concerns about theft or fraud of official government documents; this is common and not limited to CIC. What I can't understand is why they did not get your name correct on your new card. There is no excuse for this.
I agree there is absolutely no excuse for this debacle. The processing work has been done very sloppily. They had one job i.e. to change my name & they couldn't get that right.

UPDATE:
One of roomates at my previous address has contacted me today & informed me that he has received mail. I went over and behold it's my new PR card albeit with the old name.

I now have to make another application for reissuing my PR card using the following link
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/request-reissue-permanent-resident-card.html

I will have to fill in this application & pay for my photos & courier fees again. The ineptitude of IRCC has left me speechless.

P.S Sorry for the long rant. I was just frustrated at the poor processing & functioning of IRCC.

Hoping you get your PR card soon without any hiccups.

yanesrahn

Oct 7, 2008
ontario
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
12-01-12
Nomination.....
28-11-11
AOR Received.
15-02-12
Med's Request
15-02-12
Med's Done....
21-02-12
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 received 10-05-20113
I agree there is absolutely no excuse for this debacle. The processing work has been done very sloppily. They had one job i.e. to change my name & they couldn't get that right.

UPDATE:
One of roomates at my previous address has contacted me today & informed me that he has received mail. I went over and behold it's my new PR card albeit with the old name.

I now have to make another application for reissuing my PR card using the following link
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/request-reissue-permanent-resident-card.html

I will have to fill in this application & pay for my photos & courier fees again. The ineptitude of IRCC has left me speechless.

P.S Sorry for the long rant. I was just frustrated at the poor processing & functioning of IRCC.

Hoping you get your PR card soon without any hiccups.
I am very sorry to hear that. Can I ask what kind of documents you sent to support your name change. I asked to change mine too and I summited a Ontario legal name change certificate . I just want to be sure they process mine. Thankd.. I hope the solve your problem soon

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
I am very sorry to hear that. Can I ask what kind of documents you sent to support your name change. I asked to change mine too and I summited a Ontario legal name change certificate . I just want to be sure they process mine. Thankd.. I hope the solve your problem soon
Thanks. I submitted a copy of the Ontario legal name change certificate. That should be more than sufficient.

Hopefully you will get your PR card without any errors. Best of luck.

Reactions: yanesrahn

yanesrahn

Oct 7, 2008
ontario
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
12-01-12
Nomination.....
28-11-11
AOR Received.
15-02-12
Med's Request
15-02-12
Med's Done....
21-02-12
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 received 10-05-20113
Thanks. I submitted a copy of the Ontario legal name change certificate. That should be more than sufficient.

Hopefully you will get your PR card without any errors. Best of luck.
Thanks for your answer.. now I am a little worried i sent the same document. Yesterday I receive my Or
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 15, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 12, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on December 12, 2018
STATUS Decision Made.. but I still access to the ECAS with my old name, I will try to call and confirm the name change before they print my card.

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
Thanks for your answer.. now I am a little worried i sent the same document. Yesterday I receive my Or
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 15, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 12, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on December 12, 2018
STATUS Decision Made.. but I still access to the ECAS with my old name, I will try to call and confirm the name change before they print my card.
Yes I too could access ECAS only with my old name. It would be a good idea to talk to IRCC & confirm the name change.

Reactions: yanesrahn

sandyboy388

Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
Doc's Request.
24-08-2012
Nomination.....
14-09-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
04-12-2012
Med's Done....
11-12-2012 done, received on 24-12-2012 and ecas updated 11-02-2013
Passport Req..
DM: April 25th and PPR: May 2nd
LANDED..........
June 27, 2013
Saw the status was updated to "Complete" and the card was mailed yesterday, Dec 12th.