+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Renewal Timeline 2018

eduardocampos

Dec 10, 2018
Hello guys,

I sent my application only with the documents in the check-list and documents showing my entries/exits to/from Canada. I believe they have not started the process yet since I have not received any email. Do you think it is a good idea to send additional documents to support my application before they ask? I was thinking of sending rent contracts, income taxes, employment papers and other documents as proof of residency.

paul2587

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
NS
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Hello guys,

I sent my application only with the documents in the check-list and documents showing my entries/exits to/from Canada. I believe they have not started the process yet since I have not received any email. Do you think it is a good idea to send additional documents to support my application before they ask? I was thinking of sending rent contracts, income taxes, employment papers and other documents as proof of residency.
Only if you are sure you'll get a RQ and/or you might not have met the residency obligation. Otherwise, it looks suspicious and it could slow down your application. I'd wait until they ask for more, if they do at all.

pjyoo

Nov 30, 2018
Glad to share my timeline:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 15, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 8, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on December 8, 2018.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on December 13, 2018.
Good luck to everyone waiting for his/her PR card.

Sydkadra

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Glad to Share my timeline for the PR Card Renewal
1- The application form was mailed to PR Card Processing Center on October 10, 2018
2- The first email received confirming the receipt of the PR application on October 15, 2018 o-n December 10, 2018.
3- We Started processing your application on December 10, 2018
4- The status of the application was " In Process" on December 10, 2018
5- The status of the application was changed to "Decision Made" on December 13, 2018 ( today).
The further update will be provided as soon as there is change in the status.

OZinON

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
App. Filed.......
12/02/2013
AOR Received.
23/02/2013
Med's Done....
12/01/2013
Passport Req..
02/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
visa exempt
LANDED..........
lived in canada since april 2010, LANDED 28/07/2013
Hi everyone - just a quick update. Checked my status this morning and it's showing complete. I applied for standard renewal (not urgent) and my timeline is as follows:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 2, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 30, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on November 30, 2018.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on December 8, 2018.
We are located in Ontario and with the Canada Post backlog, I'm not sure when the card will reach me. Hopefully only a week (wishful thinking I know) as we are due to leave on a long awaited trip on December 18th. Fingers crossed for those who are still waiting on that complete status and Happy Holidays to you all. :)
I finally received my PR card last night (Thurs, Dec 13th) just in time for our trip on the 18th. Phew! Canada Post seems to have cleared most of the backlog because it reached me in London, ON quite quickly! Best of luck for a speedy process for the rest of you and Happy Holidays! :)

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 2, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 30, 2018.
  5. Card received in London, ON on December 13, 2018.

KBMAS

Oct 29, 2018
GTA
Visa Office......
CPC-SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
29-10-2018
Mine received by CIC on Oct 22nd.
CIC sent AOR today (Dec 14th).
I am unable to add application status to my eCAS account. I guess I should be able to add in 1-2 days.

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
Mine received by CIC on Oct 22nd.
CIC sent AOR today (Dec 14th).
I am unable to add application status to my eCAS account. I guess I should be able to add in 1-2 days.
It may show up tomorrow - I think their system is update overnight or something like that

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
I finally received my PR card last night (Thurs, Dec 13th) just in time for our trip on the 18th. Phew! Canada Post seems to have cleared most of the backlog because it reached me in London, ON quite quickly! Best of luck for a speedy process for the rest of you and Happy Holidays! :)

Congrats on finally receiving your PR card:)

YAAZ

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018

Congratulations =) I was wondering what are the documents you sent for the renewal, as its my finace's first time to renew his PR , and im just worried whether the PR renewal will get accepted or goes for a second review, as we are both living apart and if it got rejected that means we have to wait again and i dont know whether he will be then to attend our wedding our we would have to cancel it. Could you please enlighten me of the exact documents you sent? Thank you =)

Sydkadra

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Hello Everyone
Can anybody tell me that how many days it takes to change the status from "Decision Made" to another status such as "Complete"? Whether Decision Made means that the application is approved and the cards mailed or cards can be collected from cic center near our hometown. Please share similar situation with you.
Thanks

Sydkadra

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
congrats candoit...this is awesome news. unfortunately mine still on DM. app was received July 6 DM Oct 18 have a flight to catch on Dec 15...it just keeps dragging too long. hoping to hear some positive news this week fingers crossed.. mustafacan any news?
Hello omg123
What is your status now? Today is your flight, hope you got your cards already. Have a safe journey if you are flying today. I am also on DM status but from Dec 12 only. Thanks

Sydkadra

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
I am so upset with IRCC. I had decision made on ecas for two weeks now, they are telling me today that it might take another 6 weeks (I got confirmation Oct 23). When I asked the reason, the answer was : there is a problem in production.
We are travelling to India this weekend. We have prepared a file for travel document already. But God knows how much time that process would take in India.
Hello Simron
What is your status now? still on Decision Made ( DM) or changed.
Mine is on DM starting Dec 12.
Thanks

Sydkadra

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 23, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 1, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on November 1, 2018.
Decision made in ecas this morning. When can I expect card?
Decision Made (DM) seems to be a vague status as some applicants got the status changed quickly to either Cards Mailed or Complete. However, a few are on the same status for weeks and weeks together. I think it depends on the completness of the application, production time, photographs, etc... . I think its sheer luck if we get whole process smoothly until we receive our cards.