+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Permanent Resident Renewal Timeline 2018

warmth

Nov 30, 2018
So I sent a web query and I received an email saying that:
"We verified the information on your file and are pleased to inform you that your Permanent Resident Card (PR card) has already been approved and sent for production."
does anybody have any idea when I should expect to receive the PR card??

My timeline also is as follow:

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 4, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 18, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on September 18, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on September 18, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
(They received the additional documents on Oct 18)

Thanks
Hello, could you please let me know how many days your status changed to DM after they received the additional documents? I was requested to send the documents as well. Thanks!

yanesrahn

Oct 7, 2008
ontario
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
12-01-12
Nomination.....
28-11-11
AOR Received.
15-02-12
Med's Request
15-02-12
Med's Done....
21-02-12
Passport Req..
08-05-2013 received 10-05-20113
Glad to share my timeline:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 15, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 8, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on December 8, 2018.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on December 13, 2018.
Good luck to everyone waiting for his/her PR card.
Hi.. Do you know when your status change to Decision Made.. I have pretty much the same timeline but mine still at #3 Processing application... and change Decision made same day. Thanks

Oscarmontreal

Dec 16, 2018
hello everyone
I landed in Canada at August 2013 stayed 3 weeks and then back to overseas due to continue my study at university.i had intension to back to Canada and even inform immigration at the end of 2016 and I asked CIC to help me how to take my kids to Canada .
I finished my uni at march 2015 and I have to work to pay off my debt and save some money -for life cost for first 5-6 month ( prepare to come with my family- wife and 2 kids less than 5 years old ), finally I back to Canada on July 2017 and been issued departure order for myself and my wife.( my kids on visitor visa) I did appeal and waiting for hearing court.now my kids attending full time in kindergarden over last year,
my wife finished a year full time in college in IT technology and waiting to complete recruitment through the interviews and she is few months pregnant .I do study in college too looking for job too. I was wondering do we have any chance to win our case as we been asked to sit in meeting with CSBA to resolve issue before court.
thanks

shaz000

Dec 17, 2018
Hello,
I mailed my PR card renewal application in October 2018 - I did not receive any lettter nor has my ecas started.. any ideas??

YAAZ

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Hello,
I mailed my PR card renewal application in October 2018 - I did not receive any lettter nor has my ecas started.. any ideas??
We mailed our applications and it was received on the 31st according to Canada post. But nothing received up until now from CIC

msid_usa

Dec 10, 2018
called IRCC call center last week. The agent told me my card was sent to the local office since 3 Dec. I'm waiting the local office to contact me for card pick up. However, the status in my ecas is still under"Decision Made". It seems that cards re-produced in October have been dispatched.
Did you get any pickup letter yet or any updates from IRCC? I called IRCC last week and they said local office has still not received the PR card that they mailed them over on Dec 3rd

msid_usa

Dec 10, 2018
Finally picked the PR card from CIC office yesterday.

Received the card after 7 weeks from Decision and 5 weeks after printing.
Did your ecas every change from DM? After receiving the pickup letter or after picking up the card? How long is your PR card valid for? (You mentioned last time you got it for 1 year).

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.
27-AUG-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
27-AUG-2012
Med's Request
29-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
05-NOV-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
Hello, i was wondering did you receive anything? Since we both have a similar timeline =)
Nothing Yet, YAAZ.
But with the processing time line, further reduced to 73 days, I'm expecting us to get some updates this week.
All the best.

paul2587

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
NS
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
hello everyone
I landed in Canada at August 2013 stayed 3 weeks and then back to overseas due to continue my study at university.i had intension to back to Canada and even inform immigration at the end of 2016 and I asked CIC to help me how to take my kids to Canada .
I finished my uni at march 2015 and I have to work to pay off my debt and save some money -for life cost for first 5-6 month ( prepare to come with my family- wife and 2 kids less than 5 years old ), finally I back to Canada on July 2017 and been issued departure order for myself and my wife.( my kids on visitor visa) I did appeal and waiting for hearing court.now my kids attending full time in kindergarden over last year,
my wife finished a year full time in college in IT technology and waiting to complete recruitment through the interviews and she is few months pregnant .I do study in college too looking for job too. I was wondering do we have any chance to win our case as we been asked to sit in meeting with CSBA to resolve issue before court.
thanks
If you arrived August '13 as a PR/landed immigrant, that means your 5-year RO period ended August 2018. From some cursory maths, based on the timeline you posted, you only spent 13-14 months total in Canada as a PR. which means you are about 10 months short of the 2-year RO. If this is all accurate, then factually, you did not meet the RO to maintain your permanent residency and CIC has every right under the law to revoke your status and ask you to leave. Not trying to be rude here, just stating fact.

There has been anecdotal evidence in the past that some people in similar situations to yours are able to come back a year or so before the 5-year period ends (as you did) and just stay "under the radar" of CIC/CBSA until they've met the 2-year RO. In these situations, I've told people posting on here to just live quietly, do not leave Canada and do not do anything to raise the attention of CIC/CBSA and if you are lucky you might be able to fulfill your 2-year RO without anyone noticing. In your case, if they've already issued a departure/removal order, you were not able to go unnoticed and there's no going back on that or changing it now. It also sounds like your kids were not originally PR's with you back in 2013, so it can't be argued that they were involuntarily removed by you, which is one way that some minors have been able to keep their PR status in the past when the family moved away from Canada. In this case, either voluntarily leave Canada or get a very good immigration lawyer.