+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

permanent residency

vanessajoy

Aug 14, 2023
im done with my medical last august 2023, my chest xray result is abnormal i got grading B in my medical, may chest xray said "minimal reticular opacities, inner zone of the right apex" i dont know what to do. the clinic said i'll wait for the email of the embassy. my other family members grading A normal all result . please help me to understand what will happen to our application.

Reactions: Harunur

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
im done with my medical last august 2023, my chest xray result is abnormal i got grading B in my medical, may chest xray said "minimal reticular opacities, inner zone of the right apex" i dont know what to do. the clinic said i'll wait for the email of the embassy. my other family members grading A normal all result . please help me to understand what will happen to our application.
You need to wait for IRCC to process your medical. Most likely you will be asked to take additional tests.

vanessajoy

Aug 14, 2023
thank you for your response, it will take how many days before the IRCC will respond? what additional test?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the abnormal chest xray can be grounds for inadmissible?
Something like active TB could make you inadmissible, because it could be a danger to others.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-decisions/admissibility.html

Exceptions to medical inadmissibility

Members of the family class are medically inadmissible if they are likely to be a danger to public health or to public safety or if they have a condition that might reasonably be expected to cause excessive demand on health or social services [A38(1)].

However, there is an exception to this medical inadmissibility. The following individuals cannot be found inadmissible on grounds that they might reasonably be expected to cause excessive demand on health or social services [A38(2)(a), R24]:

• a sponsored spouse, common-law or conjugal partner
  • a sponsored child or child to be adopted
  • a dependent child of a sponsored spouse, common-law or conjugal partner
So, a family class applicant cannot be deemed to be inadmissible if they are likely to be a burden on health or social services...but if they are deemed to be a danger to public health or public safety, they could be (like active TB).

Last edited:
Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

vanessajoy

Aug 14, 2023
if the xray result says
minimal reticular opacities
evidence of tuberculosis : present
suspicoius active PTB : NO

is this inadmissible?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
if the xray result says
minimal reticular opacities
evidence of tuberculosis : present
suspicoius active PTB : NO

is this inadmissible?
We won't be able to tell you that. However even if you have TB that is inactive, you would have to go through a few months of treatment and additional tests before your medical can be approved. You'll eventually be approved. It may just take more time.

vanessajoy

Aug 14, 2023
how long will it take? the medication and additional test will be held where i did my previous medical exam?
im thinking to do mu additional test to another panel doctors, is it possible?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
how long will it take? the medication and additional test will be held where i did my previous medical exam?
im thinking to do mu additional test to another panel doctors, is it possible?
If you are required to complete the TB round of medications the. I believe that's another thee months. Going to another panel doctor won't change the situation.

Reactions: Taran D

vanessajoy

Aug 14, 2023
after the TB treatment, whats next? iam the one who will update the IRCC regarding the completed treatment? once medical is approved, whats the next step?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
after the TB treatment, whats next? iam the one who will update the IRCC regarding the completed treatment? once medical is approved, whats the next step?
Once you will complete with the treatment your panel doc will inform IRCC and then IRCC will respond you that you had complied with the treatment. Usually a response is received within a week or so after treatment is done and IRCC is informed timely by panel doc.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay