+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

People who applied for Study permit from Abu Dhabi SEP 2015 Intake

blazin123

Jun 29, 2015
@ExCalibre97

Apologies for the late response bro.... Unfortunately no response as of yet.
So now its 10th week.....still waiting...

@smiley...

Its not about paper vs online...I am still waiting and I applied on paper !

ao92

Aug 3, 2015
smileyuae said:
Is there any special contact number or email on the approval email for your visit visa?
No, it just stated that a decision was made and that I should hand my passport.

This is strange, they used to be very quick... what's going on? :-X

What I find even stranger is people in other way more populated countries, such as India, got their student visas already and are in Canada, some even applied after me, and way after you guys. Why is it so slow here... it isn't like there are a lot of people who live here compared to the other countries people are applying from.

Concordia have been emailing me about going there and attending some orientation and registration sessions, the whole process is literally stuck at my study permit, and not being sure if it's even going to be granted is even more frustrating :(

Let's keep this thread alive, I have a feeling the day one of us here gets his/her acceptance all of us will follow.

ExCalibre97

Jul 25, 2015
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
File Transfer...
16-06-2015
Med's Request
27-07-2015
Med's Done....
29-07-2015 Med's Passed: 03-08-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2015
LANDED..........
03-09-2015
@ blazin123

No prob, man. No updates on my side either. Well except for the Medical Exam being passed. And it has been nearly 8 weeks since I applied.
Hopefully, it's only a small matter of time before this wait yields some positive results.
Stay strong! ;D

blazin123

Jun 29, 2015
@ExCalibre97

I hope that your case comes early...
Fingers crossed...

I see all paki guys getting their calls now... I hope this is GCC weak :D

blazin123

Jun 29, 2015
Hi smiley !

When did you apply bro...???

Have you tried to contact these guys...
My classes start in sep 2... idk how and whn they will give the visa, it has become problematic for me...

Hayob

Aug 5, 2015
Does anyone received this message ?
"your application has been updated" !

I applied online 2 July - bio metrics 6 July and received this message 5 August but no update for the application

ao92

Aug 3, 2015
Hayob said:
Does anyone received this message ?
"your application has been updated" !

I applied online 2 July - bio metrics 6 July and received this message 5 August but no update for the application
That happens to everyone. I believe it means your application has been accessed by CIC and they updated something on their end.

smileyuae

Jul 29, 2015
blazin123 said:
Hi smiley !

When did you apply bro...???

Have you tried to contact these guys...
My classes start in sep 2... idk how and whn they will give the visa, it has become problematic for me...
I applied on May 5th

I've tried calling them, i've sent multiple emails to them, and I have not gotten any reply..

At this point, I think if they dont reply until Aug 15-20 then I will have to cancel all my plans and delay until Winter semester

What a horrible service!!

ao92

Aug 3, 2015
smileyuae said:
I applied on May 5th

I've tried calling them, i've sent multiple emails to them, and I have not gotten any reply..

At this point, I think if they dont reply until Aug 15-20 then I will have to cancel all my plans and delay until Winter semester

What a horrible service!!
Man.. this makes me really nervous... I applied way after you, on July 17th.. one of the slowest Visa offices in the world for sure..

blazin123

Jun 29, 2015
@smileyuae,

I am thinking the same thing. I applied on June 1 ....
:( I thought they would take maximum 7 weeks and now its 10 weeks beyond and I am still lost.

I don't see anyone else here complaining about visa delays except 2 3 people . Idk its either just 2 3 people or everyone has the same situation.

@ao92,

Oh you are too far away in terms of date bro...
should have applied through Pakistan VFS... I mean these guys have 3 months average yet most of them usually get it before that !!!!!!!!!

Now I am scared shit as hell now....

smileyuae

Jul 29, 2015
The worst part is that I have left my job as I have given a notice of leave due to travelling to Canada, I have given up my apartment and moved temporarily with family..

If they don't reply soon it will completely screw my situation.

By the way, I think it's better to go to India and apply! Seems just needs 5 days over there!

ExCalibre97

Jul 25, 2015
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
File Transfer...
16-06-2015
Med's Request
27-07-2015
Med's Done....
29-07-2015 Med's Passed: 03-08-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-08-2015
LANDED..........
03-09-2015
@ smileyuae

It's true. Most of the Indian applicants have recieved their Study Permits in less than half the time of us GCC applicants. At the moment, I'd recommend everyone to apply from anywhere (even Nigeria) before thinking about Abu Dhabi.
It really is a deplorable situation for all of us Abu Dhabi applicants.

Also if you don't mind me asking, which University are you planning to attend?