+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pathway to permanent residency recognizes exceptional service of asylum claimants on front lines of COVID-19 pandemic

Minerpc77

Nov 16, 2021
Thank you so much. I have someone going through the same. He submitted in March and no word until today. Did you contact them before you got this good news. Or it just came.
I was contacting them all the time up until December. I finally gave up in December because each time I call, the agent always say they don't have any information apart from what I can see on online. So I saw it as a waste of time sort off

cmunonye3

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
I have sent all the requested documents 2 days after the AiP letter
I dont want to sound too paranoid . But i am a bit worried that its been over six weeks i havent receive any correspondence after my AiP .
I have sent in all the requested documents . I check the ecas like every minute to see if they will have updated my medical.

They havent even send me any medical request.

To-m

Dec 28, 2018
I dont want to sound too paranoid . But i am a bit worried that its been over six weeks i havent receive any correspondence after my AiP .
I have sent in all the requested documents . I check the ecas like every minute to see if they will have updated my medical.

They havent even send me any medical request.
Did you do the medical

To-m

Dec 28, 2018
No i havent
Please go and do the medicals . Ircc is not going to send you the medical form. On your Aip letter click on the link that has that approved clinic, book an appointment .Take an Your Aip Letter with you, if the clinic ask you about the medical form, tell them that you did not receive one and its been over 6 weeks. The clinic would generate one for you. Once you are done with the exams, the clinic would give you proof that you did medicals. The clinic would send the result directly to ircc once it is completed. You have to send proof to Ircc as Requested on Your Aip using the email provided. Since you are past the deadline, in the email explain to them making reference to your AIP letter that they informed you that they would send the medical form and you never got it and that you went ahead as advised by your lawyer to go to the clinic and you were able to do it done. Attach a copy of the medical proof. In about Three weeks you should see an update of medical received in Ecas. If you don't see an update in about three weeks you can call Ircc. Also you are going to pay for the medical at the clinic, they would tell you the cost when you book the appointment. I know about four people who did it this way, one of the person already has pr card and till date has not received the the medical form.

Another option would be to call ircc first, explain the situation and hear what they advised. If the agent does not give you any solid advise go ahead and do the medicals as i have suggested.

I really do hope you take my suggestions and be proactive about it. All the best.

Last edited:

Bukols

Star Member
Sep 28, 2019
Hello everyone, I got the PR portal link asking for UCI, date of entry to Canada etc. but didn’t receive the portal link to upload pictures yet. Is this normal?

Reactions: Tmon

Tmon

Star Member
Mar 9, 2021
Hello everyone, I got the PR portal link asking for UCI, date of entry to Canada etc. but didn’t receive the portal link to upload pictures yet. Is this normal?
Very normal. This is the first step and when you send back the details they’ll send you the portal login. Congratulations!

Reactions: Bukols

Bukols

Star Member
Sep 28, 2019
Very normal. This is the first step and when you send back the details they’ll send you the portal login. Congratulations!
Thank you, I did reply immediately. I thought the link was suppose to come the following day but it’s been two days now.

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto
Thank you, I did reply immediately. I thought the link was suppose to come the following day but it’s been two days now.
It was suppose to come immediately after you replied the email. They are very slow this days. It will eventually com.
Congratulations

crazyrobertt

Mar 1, 2022
I think there has been a lot of confusion.
There are so many people who worked during the pandemic and are still working.

Like the courier driver delivering the PPE.
People working in the grocery stores
Bus drivers.
People cleaning and sanitizing the bus station and the subways cinema hd halls.

All these people are also frontline workers.
I completely agree with your opinion, there are still people working and a big salute to all the frontline workers.

Samuel1122

Star Member
Aug 9, 2020
Good Morning, My question is as follows:I received an AIP in November and this morning I checked on my ECAS and saw the Decision Made. Please tell me what that means.
Thanks

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto
Good Morning, My question is as follows:I received an AIP in November and this morning I checked on my ECAS and saw the Decision Made. Please tell me what that means.
Thanks
Did you send all the neccessary document requested in the aip letter.
Have you done your medical?
Are you a pending or failed refugee claimants.
Did you receive correspondence asking you to withdraw your claim or any pending case at the RAD or federal court.
If you have done all the above. Then its a good sign.
But if you have not. Its possibly a refusal.