+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pathway to permanent residency recognizes exceptional service of asylum claimants on front lines of COVID-19 pandemic

cmunonye3

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
Do you mean private homes through your agency?

I believe you have a Lawyer handling your case.The Lawyer can write the retirement home you worked and also attach the letter from IRCC requesting them to confirm you worked there.
Yes private home through my agency.
I only work few weeks week with a retirement home.
All the agencies i work with sends me to private homes

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
Thank you.
I have all the requested documents.
my bank statements clearly shows the payment and corresponding paystubs.
my t4 and t4a is also handy.
The only problem am having is i have only work in one retirement home and they not willing to give me any letter . They said i should go back to my agency .
All my work was for private homes.
Like I said in my very first comment on this post, it’s not a big deal to get letter from your agency if the home is not giving you the letter, it is understandable because you worked through an agency so the agency should be responsible.

The Officer is not out of order on all the request made as you made us see. Send all requested and you should be fine.

Reactions: ZAYAN2020

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto
I think the officer want to be satisfied before giving your approval.
Its not very comon for an officer to still respond after refusal of your application.
As regards the letter from LTC.:
Nursin home or retirement home dont usually issue reference letters to PSW because they are not their employees.
tell your agency that you need a letter specifying were you have worked.
Even if you work in a private homes, Let them indicate in the letter.
Also get your t4 and bank statements.

Last edited:

Orahman

Star Member
Jan 28, 2021
Like i said the last time. This officer has personal issue with me.
I requested for a reconsideration of my refused application. And presented many evidence to show that i was employed and not self employed or independent contractor.

The officer replied me and came up with another request.
Asking me to provide all my bank statements from the date of my employment to date.
T4 and letters from the residence home or retirement home i have worked it.

This is not ordinary. Village people have entered this matter
I know of a colleague at work who was asked to submit the same information. She submitted her bank statement which shows her pay which correspondence with her paystubs.

The officer refused her application saying they could not verify her bank statement.

Sounds weird to me. How is that even possible that they couldn't verify bank statements. Or maybe becuase of Privacy policy. The bank did not respond to their request.

• Angry
Dec 23, 2021
Good day everyone. Am a silent reader on this platform. Am a pending refugee claimant.
I applied for Healthcare workers pathway earlier this year. I submitted over 2,000 hours from different agencies.
In September 2021, The officer sent letter requesting for my bank statements. T4, notice of assessment and letters from all the homes i have worked .
I submitted all this documents but to my suprise. I received a refusal letter on monday.
The reason the officer said is because he couldnt verify my bank statements.
All the money on my paystubs correspond with my bank statement.

I contacted my bank. After checking my account, the lady told me they dont have any information about anyone trying to contact them. The lady at the bank also said they cant disclose my banking information to a third-party for privacy reason.

Am just confused. Dont know what to do.
Is what the lady told me the truth?

What could have went wrong with my application.
Pls advice and thank you

Apovine

Dec 5, 2020
Good day everyone. Am a silent reader on this platform. Am a pending refugee claimant.
I applied for Healthcare workers pathway earlier this year. I submitted over 2,000 hours from different agencies.
In September 2021, The officer sent letter requesting for my bank statements. T4, notice of assessment and letters from all the homes i have worked .
I submitted all this documents but to my suprise. I received a refusal letter on monday.
The reason the officer said is because he couldnt verify my bank statements.
All the money on my paystubs correspond with my bank statement.

I contacted my bank. After checking my account, the lady told me they dont have any information about anyone trying to contact them. The lady at the bank also said they cant disclose my banking information to a third-party for privacy reason.

Am just confused. Dont know what to do.
Is what the lady told me the truth?

What could have went wrong with my application.
Pls advice and thank you
What I know is,bank will never ever disclose your financial details to any 3rd party except a court order is presented.

IRCC using that as a yardstick to deny your application is what I don’t understand.

You might need to see a Lawyer to help you out.
Before,they do call your employer to verify your employment or if one truly worked.

Last edited:

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
I know of a colleague at work who was asked to submit the same information. She submitted her bank statement which shows her pay which correspondence with her paystubs.

The officer refused her application saying they could not verify her bank statement.

Sounds weird to me. How is that even possible that they couldn't verify bank statements. Or maybe becuase of Privacy policy. The bank did not respond to their request.
I have mentioned here before that lots of games are going on with the Pathway program so no one can blame the officer or any officer who wants to be double sure. People try to and some are beating the system. Lots of people are cheating and the system is trying to block leakages…what do I know anyway ‍♂

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
What kind of advice is this?
Telling him to write their names and DOB in a mail to IRCC just to prove what?
He can defend himself without dragging these people into this issue.

You may need to read again and have clearer understanding of my submission before commenting and if you do not understand, you could as well ask me again.

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto
@Apovine is right. The bank will not disclose your banking information to a third party.
I understand Canada Revenue Agency is power to go into ones account on some extremely exceptional case but i dont know if Immigration canada has the same power.

There is something not right. You need to dig further, if you are sure that the bank statement is genuinely from the bank.
Talk to a lawyer

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto
I have mentioned here before that lots of games are going on with the Pathway program so no one can blame the officer or any officer who wants to be double sure. People try to and some are beating the system. Lots of people are cheating and the system is trying to block leakages…what do I know anyway ‍♂
Not everyone is trying to beat the system. If the officer isnt able to verify or confirm the statement, the best thing would have been to give the applicant the opportunity by way of procedural fairness.
@Apovine was right. The officer capitalized on his inability to verify the bank statement due to the privacy policy of the bank to refuse the application.

Baywestfair

Feb 18, 2018
Hi guys, please I need your advice. Pathway Application has been received since March 13, 2021 and didn't change to Processing. Alot of email has been sent to IRCC and they keep saying they are working on it and would respond when they need additional info. Please help. Is everyone else in this same situation? Please advise

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
Not everyone is trying to beat the system. If the officer isnt able to verify or confirm the statement, the best thing would have been to give the applicant the opportunity by way of procedural fairness.
@Apovine was right. The officer capitalized on his inability to verify the bank statement due to the privacy policy of the bank to refuse the application.

I didn’t say “everyone” and wouldn’t have said that under any circumstances. It is very important for us to try to understand ourselves before we make comments. We are here to share experiences, to motivate and advise ourselves where it is required without being biased with facts.

Baywestfair

Feb 18, 2018
Hi guys, please I need your advice. Pathway Application has been received since March 13, 2021 and didn't change to Processing. Alot of email has been sent to IRCC and they keep saying they are working on it and would respond when they need additional info. Please help. Is everyone else in this same situation? Please advise
Is anyone else in this situation please ? And what did you do to resolve it.