+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pathway to permanent residency recognizes exceptional service of asylum claimants on front lines of COVID-19 pandemic

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
So after submitting a response on the Procedural fairness letter. They decided not to make me inadmissible for misrepretation.
But the officer still refused the application on a different reason saying the following:

"You submitted a letter from xxxxx xxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxx The letter stated you have worked xxxx hours
as a Personal Support Worker. However, I noted xxxxxxxxxxxxx did not make any Canada Pension Plan, Employment Insurance or
Income Tax deductions on your monthly pay. It appears you have worked as a self-employed/independent contractor.

Under the Public Policy, Annex A, Note 3, it stated, “For greater certainty, self-employed caregivers or
those who are employed by private households (directly employed by the person receiving care, or by the
family/guardians of the person receiving care) are excluded from this public policy.”
Therefore, you have not demonstrated you met all of the eligibility criteria of the public policy. As a
result, the application is refused."

I know a lot of people who worked as an independent contractor and also got their COPR.

i just don't understand. first they sent Procedural fairness letter about my PSW Diploma, i sent them all the evidence.
now is another thing again.

Hi…I have carefully read your submission and the refusal letter. What I can say is that there is a foul play somewhere….it is either from your employer or …..and or probably you were misled by your counsel or people around you but, you surely will know what went wrong. I will advise you to lay low and ply other routes especially if you know where the foul play came from. Please do not take offence as this is just my opinion and a piece of advice.

I have seen and read about some people who tried to beat the system through the pathway program (I am not saying this is your case). But if you are sure everything is right and your employer is genuine and can prove why he didn’t make statutory deductions then you may go to JR. If not, I will advise to look outward so that you don’t complicate already complicated issue.

Above all, I wish you the very best as much as I wish for myself in the rough journey to PR.

cmunonye3

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
Hi…I have carefully read your submission and the refusal letter. What I can say is that there is a foul play somewhere….it is either from your employer or …..and or probably you were misled by your counsel or people around you but, you surely will know what went wrong. I will advise you to lay low and ply other routes especially if you know where the foul play came from. Please do not take offence as this is just my opinion and a piece of advice.

I have seen and read about some people who tried to beat the system through the pathway program (I am not saying this is your case). But if you are sure everything is right and your employer is genuine and can prove why he didn’t make statutory deductions then you may go to JR. If not, I will advise to look outward so that you don’t complicate already complicated issue.

Above all, I wish you the very best as much as I wish for myself in the rough journey to PR.
Thanks for your detailed explanation.
Some of my work colleagues who submitted same letters and pay stubs from same company already have their copr. Atleast i know of 3 people.

I dont know why my own is different. I worked over 1500 hours in total with different employers.
Am not ready to give up on this.

Reactions: Swagzzy

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Finally received our ecopr

Timeline below :

Application submitted: May 14th
Aor :June 1st
Aip : June 29th
Requested documents submitted : July 6th
Medical waved and updated : July 16th
Letter to withdraw refuge claims: Sep 17th
Withdrawal submitted : Sep 27th
Ecas changed from processing to decision made: Nov 17th
PR approval email: NOV 29th
Portal link : Dec 4th
ECOR Dec 8th

I appreciate everyone contributions on this platform .It really helpe a lot

May Almighty God wrap up this year with good news for everyone.
Congrats :)`

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Am writing to affirm that i finally received my ECOPR yesterday night. I want to thank everyone in this forum for your valuable contribution and advise towards achieving this feat. Specifically, i want to thank the following individuals (@Apovine, @Khejjy, Samsonge et al) for your your openness and willingness to help out with very valuable advise to other users of this forum. Your frequent genuine advise saved us quite some dollars :) . May Almighty God grant everyone still waiting for their AIP/ECOPR speedy answers IJMN.

My Timeline
Submitted Application April 12th.
Application received - April 13th
AOR - May 17th
AIP - June 7th
Medical - Waived and Extended
Withdrawal request : 21st October
Notice of discontinuance submitted : 24th October
Decision made on ECAS - 23rd of October
Portal email verification request - 15th November
Portal received - November 16th (uploaded photos same day)
ECOPR received on 23rd November .
Congratulations :)

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
Thanks for your detailed explanation.
Some of my work colleagues who submitted same letters and pay stubs from same company already have their copr. Atleast i know of 3 people.

I dont know why my own is different. I worked over 1500 hours in total with different employers.
Am not ready to give up on this.
In that case, it won’t be out of place if you file a JR and reference the three individual with there details only thing is that will they feel comfortable with you referencing them? Unless you want to do that without their consent if you know there full name and DOBs.

Again, I wish you the very best and hope the decision is overturned.

Reactions: ZAYAN2020