+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pathway to permanent residency recognizes exceptional service of asylum claimants on front lines of COVID-19 pandemic

Foms

May 6, 2021
Congrats to you and yours, can you share your Timeline please.
Sorry for the late Response
Application submitted March 10th
AOR - April 12th
Sent my completed hours may 27th
AIP - June 3rd
Medical recieved - July 9
Letter to withdraw claim - Sep 15th
Withdrawn and acknowledged receipt -September 24
Approved for PR- October 17th
Portal sent - October 17th
COPR- October 18th
Wish everyone one goodnews soon

Reactions: Khejjy and Samsonge

Samsonge

Star Member
Mar 11, 2021
Good Evening Guys ,

I got an email from ircc ealier today stating that my application has been finalized “congratulations” .
Is this a normal trend ?
What’s next ?

Reactions: Lolly smiles

Apovine

Dec 5, 2020
Good Evening Guys ,

I got an email from ircc ealier today stating that my application has been finalized “congratulations” .
Is this a normal trend ?
What’s next ?
Can’t really say this is the latest style they use now.IRCC change things daily.
Try to check your Ecas as well.
Normally,they are suppose to send you an email with a link to fill your address and upload a picture of yourself.when done,you will get another email of how you will download your COPR.

Congratulations to you and your family.

Samsonge

Star Member
Mar 11, 2021
Sorry for the late Response
Application submitted March 10th
AOR - April 12th
Sent my completed hours may 27th
AIP - June 3rd
Medical recieved - July 9
Letter to withdraw claim - Sep 15th
Withdrawn and acknowledged receipt -September 24
Approved for PR- October 17th
Portal sent - October 17th
COPR- October 18th
Wish everyone one goodnews soon
Amen and congratulations , we’re you on JR and did you use a lawyer as well ?

Samsonge

Star Member
Mar 11, 2021
Can’t really say this is the latest style they use now.IRCC change things daily.
Try to check your Ecas as well.
Normally,they are suppose to send you an email with a link to fill your address and upload a picture of yourself.when done,you will get another email of how you will download your COPR.

Congratulations to you and your family.
Yes maybe and thanks .
my family size is half a football team , maybe that’s why our processing took almost a year .
my Anxiety level is 200% right now …
I submitted Application on 2nd of February……

Last edited:

Dalesgate

Aug 18, 2019
@Apovine your message few days ago prompted me to write them. I did wrote them that evening and before noon the following day, I got a response to discontinue. We need to act and not pray alone.
@Dalesgate I did all the needful by filling notice of discontinuance and notice of intent to act in person at FC. I also added the acknowledgement from Atorney general and Solicitor in record (my ex lawyer).
I filed them online and got a response within 24hrs today from federal court However, it says (Status- Returned).
I noticed that the avidavit was not done. My question is could it be that? Do I need to go to a notary for that?
Please explain a little further how you did the avidafit. Thanks
Applications with a "Return Status" signifies something is not done as expected by the federal court. An "acceptance" advise will be received if ok. The affidavit of service must be notarized by a lawyer or notary public. You can also call the registry officer to inquire on why it was missing and why it was returned.

Khejjy

Mar 16, 2021
Good evening everyone, Please I know I have asked this question before on the platform, but I would like to ask again because it seems IRCC comes up with new methods every now and then.
I submitted my Application on February 12, my JR was slated for April 19 and it was done, the judge didn't conclude on that Day.
So my question is am I supposed to be expecting a mail to withdraw my refugee claim or not.
Am just so worried on what's delaying my COPR. My anxiety level is on the increase daily, and more so when you see people who submitted months after you and already with their AIP.
That's why I always ask anyone who receives COPR to give us a Timeline just to check and see if it falls within mine...lol

Reactions: Samuel1122

Samsonge

Star Member
Mar 11, 2021
Good evening everyone, Please I know I have asked this question before on the platform, but I would like to ask again because it seems IRCC comes up with new methods every now and then.
I submitted my Application on February 12, my JR was slated for April 19 and it was done, the judge didn't conclude on that Day.
So my question is am I supposed to be expecting a mail to withdraw my refugee claim or not.
Am just so worried on what's delaying my COPR. My anxiety level is on the increase daily, and more so when you see people who submitted months after you and already with their AIP.
That's why I always ask anyone who receives COPR to give us a Timeline just to check and see if it falls within mine...lol
@Khejjy I think the timeline of individual application depends on the case officer (VO), and if you are yet to get judgment for your judicial review , they might very well ask you to withdrawal your JR to finalize your application, and I think @Lolly smiles once mentioned on this page that there were few people on this group that received copr without withdrawal of JR .
I knew some people that completed entire process in 3 months , while someone like myself and few others are still hanging on since January. I pray that this month shall not pass us by IJN.

Khejjy

Mar 16, 2021
@Khejjy I think the timeline of individual application depends on the case officer (VO), and if you are yet to get judgment for your judicial review , they might very well ask you to withdrawal your JR to finalize your application, and I think @Lolly smiles once mentioned on this page that there were few people on this group that received copr without withdrawal of JR .
I knew some people that completed entire process in 3 months , while someone like myself and few others are still hanging on since January. I pray that this month shall not pass us by IJN.
Thanks a lot, yea she mentioned sometimes ago that some recieve COPR without withdrawing their JR, so when I didn't get a mail to withdraw since, just felt may be it's not needed.
Well I keep hoping for the best. Thanks a lot and Congrats in advance.

Reactions: Samuel1122