+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pathway to permanent residency recognizes exceptional service of asylum claimants on front lines of COVID-19 pandemic

cmunonye3

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
You will be favored...Don't loose hope....just do all that have been advised. Even if you can't lay your hands on all the proofs, send the ones you have with a detailed letter and state that you will send in more proofs as soon as you lay your hands on it. Most importantly, receipt, course forms or log books, lecture notes, pictures with classmates etc....it is well . Emphasize in your letter to the officer to please consider the fact that you actually worked during that peak period. You will find God's favor by his grace.
Thank you.
I am really trying as much to gather all the details together. Thats the reason am trying to ask for an extension .

Does the extension affect me in a any way

Funmi01

Apr 12, 2019
Thank you.
I am really trying as much to gather all the details together. Thats the reason am trying to ask for an extension .

Does the extension affect me in a any way
No, it shouldn't. You are only requesting for more time and the earlier the better. Let the request be within the time frame given and state a tangible reason why you are requesting for the extension.

EnochBee

Oct 9, 2021
Hello , I think that’s what you’re expected to do when you’re on judicial review , I understand that it’s a process of withdrawing your high court case before the IRB makes a final decision on your application .
Do you have any questions about it ?
Hello house the form from the link (https://www.fct-cf.gc.ca/en/online-access/forms) looks like a "rule" (just a plain form) and their is no address and fax number to send it to. do you have an idea of the postal address? (Montreal or Ottawa).

Last edited:

Folashalewa

May 27, 2017
Good evening everyone,got my AIP on the 18th of August and then submitted my document as requested, waiting for COPR but my status changed from ‘ in process’ to ‘ decision made’ I haven’t received any mail yet from immigration. Did anyone here witnessed this please share. Thank you

Khejjy

Mar 16, 2021
Good evening everyone,got my AIP on the 18th of August and then submitted my document as requested, waiting for COPR but my status changed from ‘ in process’ to ‘ decision made’ I haven’t received any mail yet from immigration. Did anyone here witnessed this please share. Thank you
Congrats in advance, keep checking your mail, check your spam and promotion as well, sometimes the mail hides there, you will get your COPR soon.

Reactions: EnochBee

Samsonge

Star Member
Mar 11, 2021
Hello house the form from the link (https://www.fct-cf.gc.ca/en/online-access/forms) looks like a "rule" (just a plain form) and their is no address and fax number to send it to. do you have an idea of the postal address? (Montreal or Ottawa).
I’m not sure how it works because we used a lawyer for ours and it seems the federal high court signed document and she emailed the document back to Niagara as instructed in that removal request email .
cheers

Dalesgate

Aug 18, 2019
I did my pathway application from start to finish. Although its simple process, you might want to engage the service of a lawyer if you are confused. i was able to do it because i did my judicial review application submission myself so when i needed to withdraw it, i had an idea of what to do, plus you can call federal court for guidance (please note that i am not a lawyer).

Please see a template of what i submitted and was accepted. In addition, you are expected to serve the justice department with a copy either by email or fax (template also provided). Lastly, you will also need to write a notarized letter to be submitted to federal court informing them that you served the justice department (representing the respondent) of the discontinuation/withdrawal letter.

Registry No: XXXX

FEDERAL COURT

B E T W E E N:

YOUR NAME

Applicant​

- and -

THE MINISTER OF CITIZENSHIP & IMMIGRATION CANADA

Respondent​

NOTICE OF DISCONTINUANCE

I YOUR NAME (the plaintiff/ Applicant in this case) wholly discontinues my application for Judicial Review in relation to an underlying negative IRB decision on my refugee claim. This became necessary upon my permanent residence approval under the temporary policy for refugee claimants working in the health care during covid-19 pandemic

xx Oct 2021

Your address

cc TO: Deputy Attorney General of Canada
Department of Justice
Ontario Regional Office
120 Adelaide Street West
Suite 400, Toronto, Ontario
M5H 1T1
Fax: (416) 954-8982

Solicitor for the Respondent

AND TO: Registrar, Federal Court of Canada
180 Queen Street West, 2nd Floor
Toronto, Ontario

Header (as above under notice of discontinuation)

AFFIDAVIT OF SERVICE

I Your name of the city of Toronto, in the province of Ontario, SWEAR THAT :

I served the Department of Justice, Ontario regional office, 120 Adelaide Street West, Toronto with a copy of the Notice of Discontinuance by sending a copy by email on Oct 2, 2021 to AGC_PGC_TORONTO.IMM@justice.gc.ca the last known email address of Deputy Attorney General, Solicitor for the Respondent

SWORN BEFORE ME
(at the City of Toronto
In the Province of Ontario
On 29th day of September, 2021)

COMMISSIONER OF OATHS, ETC YOUR NAME

Dalesgate

Aug 18, 2019
I did my pathway application from start to finish. Although its simple process, you might want to engage the service of a lawyer if you are confused. i was able to do it because i did my judicial review application submission myself so when i needed to withdraw it, i had an idea of what to do, plus you can call federal court for guidance (please note that i am not a lawyer).

Please see a template of what i submitted and was accepted. In addition, you are expected to serve the justice department with a copy either by email or fax (template also provided). Lastly, you will also need to write a notarized letter to be submitted to federal court informing them that you served the justice department (representing the respondent) of the discontinuation/withdrawal letter.

FEDERAL COURT

B E T W E E N:

YOUR NAME

Applicant​

- and -

Respondent​

NOTICE OF DISCONTINUANCE

I YOUR NAME (the plaintiff/ Applicant in this case) wholly discontinues my application for Judicial Review in relation to an underlying negative IRB decision on my refugee claim. This became necessary upon my permanent residence approval under the temporary policy for refugee claimants working in the health care during covid-19 pandemic

xx Oct 2021

Your address

Department of Justice
Ontario Regional Office
120 Adelaide Street West
M5H 1T1

Toronto, Ontario

AFFIDAVIT OF SERVICE

I served the Department of Justice, Ontario regional office, 120 Adelaide Street West, Toronto with a copy of the Notice of Discontinuance by sending a copy by email on Oct 2, 2021 to AGC_PGC_TORONTO.IMM@justice.gc.ca the last known email address of Deputy Attorney General, Solicitor for the Respondent

SWORN BEFORE ME
(at the City of Toronto

Also, its easier if you upload it electronically (e-filing) on their site https://efiling.fct-cf.gc.ca/en/online-access/e-filing-intro. They will call you if anything is not done correctly and will confirm once they are ok with the submission.

Reactions: Samsonge

Samsonge

Star Member
Mar 11, 2021
Also, its easier if you upload it electronically (e-filing) on their site https://efiling.fct-cf.gc.ca/en/online-access/e-filing-intro. They will call you if anything is not done correctly and will confirm once they are ok with the submission.
I withdrew mine sometimes around 4th of oct and yet to receive any further communication , do you have any idea of how long it takes to finalize the process after letter of discontinuance for judicial review related cases ......please advise ...

Samsonge

Star Member
Mar 11, 2021

FEDERAL COURT

B E T W E E N:

YOUR NAME

Applicant​

- and -

Respondent​

NOTICE OF DISCONTINUANCE

xx Oct 2021

Your address

Department of Justice
Ontario Regional Office
120 Adelaide Street West
M5H 1T1

Toronto, Ontario

AFFIDAVIT OF SERVICE

SWORN BEFORE ME
(at the City of Toronto

You're absolutely correct , this lawyer has been assisting us with our immigration refugee application for sometimes and it was a very tough one, we did judicial review twice and I'm sure its a very rare situation - so our arguments and case files are bulky #lol.......
Turns out that our lawyer withdrew JR sometimes around 4th of oct and we are yet to receive any further communication since then, do you have any idea of how long it takes to finalize the process after letter of discontinuance for judicial review related cases ......please advise ...

Dalesgate

Aug 18, 2019
You're absolutely correct , this lawyer has been assisting us with our immigration refugee application for sometimes and it was a very tough one, we did judicial review twice and I'm sure its a very rare situation - so our arguments and case files are bulky #lol.......
Turns out that our lawyer withdrew JR sometimes around 4th of oct and we are yet to receive any further communication since then, do you have any idea of how long it takes to finalize the process after letter of discontinuance for judicial review related cases ......please advise ...
It is one thing to withdraw a JR and another to advise Niagra/IRCC DGN...... Once a JR is withdrawn, you need to send an email or reply the email advising you to withdraw your JR application that you have done so with a confirmation of acceptance of same by the federal court. So you need to ask your lawyer if this was done. If yes, send a reminder to Niagara/IRCC DGN... asking if there is any other thing needed cos you ought to have received your final approval and copr

Reactions: Samsonge

Samsonge

Star Member
Mar 11, 2021
Thanks @Dalesgate , yes our lawyer submitted the stamped letter of discontinuance document , along with another document listing electronic history for the progress of the JR and she emailed the Niagara office with the letter or discontinuance.
I also noticed that all correspondence started with DNNG office , but the withdrawal request was sent from the Niagara bro email and the lawyer replied and uploaded the previously mentioned documents .
Do you think I should push an email notifying them about the discontinuance from my personal email . Please advise