+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pathway to permanent residency recognizes exceptional service of asylum claimants on front lines of COVID-19 pandemic

Samsonge

Star Member
Mar 11, 2021
Hi guys , I’m currently on judicial review , submitted HCW application 8th February ,
AOR 26th of February
AIP - May 6th
Completed medical -May 28th
and for some reasons medical wasn’t recieved until July 28 when I had to contact the medical office with concerns on why my medical wasn’t received they claimed it was network issues and delays , I was surprised that ECAS updated only after I started disturbing the medical office after 2 months without medical update .
now I’m wondering if my timeline will be based on the May 28th when medical was submitted or maybe it will be July 28th when medical was received .
Please chip in your opinion guys -
I also heard some people are able to get health card with the AIP , is that true ?
I attempted to call and even completed web form —-

Lolly smiles

Nov 17, 2020
Hi guys , I’m currently on judicial review , submitted HCW application 8th February ,
AOR 26th of February
AIP - May 6th
Completed medical -May 28th
and for some reasons medical wasn’t recieved until July 28 when I had to contact the medical office with concerns on why my medical wasn’t received they claimed it was network issues and delays , I was surprised that ECAS updated only after I started disturbing the medical office after 2 months without medical update .
now I’m wondering if my timeline will be based on the May 28th when medical was submitted or maybe it will be July 28th when medical was received .
Please chip in your opinion guys -
I also heard some people are able to get health card with the AIP , is that true ?
I attempted to call and even completed web form —-
Yes I got my health card with Aip,take your Aip to service Canada and they will do the application. They'll give you a card valid for a year.
As for processing timeline no one can tell because processing stops only when your approved.So I would say July 28
Did you submit police report? If yes then wait for portal invite or Corp,your on the right track.

Samsonge

Star Member
Mar 11, 2021
@Lolly smiles Thanks for your reply , and yes I submitted police report and other documents as far back as May , but they’ve not told me to withdraw my judicial review....

@Khejjy YES- I called them last week and they are still working on the Afghanistan cases , I also attempted web form and they’ve also updated the web form emphasizing that they are only processing agfanistan files and abuse related cases .
but @Khejjy - I thought you got your copr already ,

Khejjy

Mar 16, 2021
@Lolly smiles Thanks for your reply , and yes I submitted police report and other documents as far back as May , but they’ve not told me to withdraw my judicial review....

@Khejjy YES- I called them last week and they are still working on the Afghanistan cases , I also attempted web form and they’ve also updated the web form emphasizing that they are only processing agfanistan files and abuse related cases .
but @Khejjy - I thought you got your copr already ,
Not yet, still waiting for my COPR oo. I hope we all get it soon

Foms

May 6, 2021
Hi guys, so just an advice if your refugee document is still valid and you haven't been asked to withdraw your claim and you have an on going drug use, my advice to you is to wait till you are asked, I just paid over 400dollars for my monthly injections because I was solely on IFH, no Ontario drug benefits because let's face it I didn't need it cos IFH covered everything for me. I withdrew my claim because I was asked to but if you're not there yet, enjoy your dental, drugs etc all on IFH before running to health card cos OHIP doesn't cover drugs except you're on some province coverage for drugs

Reactions: Khejjy

N3ca

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
Anyone here still waiting for AIP?.
AOR since May 3rd and no AIP insight. Just wondering if I’m alone as I know the program is ending October.
A friend of mine who didn’t work 120hours got AIP yesterday.