+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pathway to permanent residency recognizes exceptional service of asylum claimants on front lines of COVID-19 pandemic

Lolly smiles

Nov 17, 2020
Pls can you walk me through CCB application @Lolly smiles
I applied using my aip but It wasn't acknowledged until I sent then my corp. They only paid ccb starting from the time I became a permanent resident holder not from aip...I did my application online ,filled thier forms and attached Corp for everyone,proof of address and that's it. It a pretty straight forward application. They will also ask you about your income you earned prior to coming to Canada. And it takes about 8 weeks to be approved. Remember the more money you make the lesser the benefits

Funmi01

Apr 12, 2019
I applied using my aip but It wasn't acknowledged until I sent then my corp. They only paid ccb starting from the time I became a permanent resident holder not from aip...I did my application online ,filled thier forms and attached Corp for everyone,proof of address and that's it. It a pretty straight forward application. They will also ask you about your income you earned prior to coming to Canada. And it takes about 8 weeks to be approved. Remember the more money you make the lesser the benefits
Thank you...This has also answered my own question too.

Reactions: Lolly smiles

Godsfav001

Star Member
Feb 15, 2021
Thanks a lot

May 7, 2021
What is CORP ???
And what are the steps to become PR through health care pathway ( i know the date has past, but asking just for my knowledge?)

Foms

May 6, 2021
Hey guys I just recieved my request to withdraw my refugee claim... how long will it take for IRB to withdraw my claim and give me a confirmation please. Thanks and I pray we all have good news soon

stephen1121

Apr 10, 2019
Morning all, I want to put it out there that when you get your PR card, on under this pathway please DO NOT travel to the country you claim persecution....Withdrawing your claim just means that you are not attending any hearing but you still remain a PROTECTED REFUGEE which does not change till you get your citizenship....an elderly woman went back to her country and she was not allowed back into canada., the PR CARD was taken from her and returned back..PLEASE LETS BECAREFUL

Reactions: Bukols

Funmi01

Apr 12, 2019
Morning all, I want to put it out there that when you get your PR card, on under this pathway please DO NOT travel to the country you claim persecution....Withdrawing your claim just means that you are not attending any hearing but you still remain a PROTECTED REFUGEE which does not change till you get your citizenship....an elderly woman went back to her country and she was not allowed back into canada., the PR CARD was taken from her and returned back..PLEASE LETS BECAREFUL
What are people looking for....It is better to be safe than to be sorry...Even if u call the immigration office, they will say one can go directly but this is just a discretionary thing.. Why the rush. If one has no status, we will stay in Canada and be praying not to be deported. After all the years praying to God to make a way, one will now spoil everything with an avoidable mistake.

One of the reasons I don't joke with this forum. I get infos and I share with my friends. Please let be careful. We will not be shamed o

Reactions: Bukols

gntsomeonu

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Category........
Other
What’s the implication of obtaining your country passport or renewing same. A person with protected person PR, cannot apply or use country passport. But conditions for this pathway recommends that we submit a valid passport. How do we manage that? A lot of people on this pathway has applied for renewal of their passport. Why so much confusions?

Reactions: Joetek

Lolly smiles

Nov 17, 2020
What’s the implication of obtaining your country passport or renewing same. A person with protected person PR, cannot apply or use country passport. But conditions for this pathway recommends that we submit a valid passport. How do we manage that? A lot of people on this pathway has applied for renewal of their passport. Why so much confusions?
How do people explain this? I will use myself as an example. I went for my hearing and it was negative, I did appeal with refugee appeal which was negative too. Lastly I submitted judicial which was negative too,the outcome was that I was a failed refugee claimant with no status. My next move was to apply for H&C before this wonderful pathway was announced. I didn't even have to withdraw any claim because my claim was decided long ago. Gow does this make me a protected person or conventional refugee. The masses are being confused by posts like this. Passport renewals and going back to your home country is only discouraged for conventional and person in need people. Not this H& C special program.
How do people explain this? I will use myself as an example. I went for my hearing and it was negative, I did appeal with refugee appeal which was negative too. Lastly I submitted judicial which was negative too,the outcome was that I was a failed refugee claimant with no status. My next move was to apply for H&C before this wonderful pathway was announced. I didn't even have to withdraw any claim because my claim was decided long ago. Gow does this make me a protected person or conventional refugee. The masses are being confused by posts like this. Passport renewals and going back to your home country is only discouraged for conventional and person in need people. Not this H& C special program

Blac Kelly..

Sep 21, 2018
How do people explain this? I will use myself as an example. I went for my hearing and it was negative, I did appeal with refugee appeal which was negative too. Lastly I submitted judicial which was negative too,the outcome was that I was a failed refugee claimant with no status. My next move was to apply for H&C before this wonderful pathway was announced. I didn't even have to withdraw any claim because my claim was decided long ago. Gow does this make me a protected person or conventional refugee. The masses are being confused by posts like this. Passport renewals and going back to your home country is only discouraged for conventional and person in need people. Not this H& C special program.
How do people explain this? I will use myself as an example. I went for my hearing and it was negative, I did appeal with refugee appeal which was negative too. Lastly I submitted judicial which was negative too,the outcome was that I was a failed refugee claimant with no status. My next move was to apply for H&C before this wonderful pathway was announced. I didn't even have to withdraw any claim because my claim was decided long ago. Gow does this make me a protected person or conventional refugee. The masses are being confused by posts like this. Passport renewals and going back to your home country is only discouraged for conventional and person in need people. Not this H& C special program
@ Lolly smiles, the way I see this thing. As a failed refugee up to appeal and federal judiciary and even H&C, u may not have problems when u travel to ur home country haba! U urself know the number of years you have spent in Canada up till H&C level. Right from years , I know those who got thier Pr thru H&C have been travelling in and out of canada without immigration disturbing them at all. However, there are some people, they have not gone for hearing at all or they are still under appeal and they were told to withdraw their claims, they want to travel. It might be risky. I see it that for those people some just spent 6 months or 1 year or a year plus, they want to travel back home to show. See their names are possibly still appearing under IRB cos they only know them as refugee claimants when they came, the claim only got aborted bcos of the opportunity to apply for Pr under the pathway. If ur refugee claim was refused up to H&C u should be free to travel, that’s why they didn’t ask u to withdraw any claim b4 granting the Pr pathway

Smartzz

May 16, 2021
This isn't rocket science, why would anyone want to travel to their home country that they were claiming protection from; after they have been allowed to become PR on this expedited pathway. IRB and IRCC will use this as an opportunity to catch all those who were scamming the system with false refugee claims. You guys make it bad for people who are in actual need of protection.

Last edited:

Lolly smiles

Nov 17, 2020
@ Lolly smiles, the way I see this thing. As a failed refugee up to appeal and federal judiciary and even H&C, u may not have problems when u travel to ur home country haba! U urself know the number of years you have spent in Canada up till H&C level. Right from years , I know those who got thier Pr thru H&C have been travelling in and out of canada without immigration disturbing them at all. However, there are some people, they have not gone for hearing at all or they are still under appeal and they were told to withdraw their claims, they want to travel. It might be risky. I see it that for those people some just spent 6 months or 1 year or a year plus, they want to travel back home to show. See their names are possibly still appearing under IRB cos they only know them as refugee claimants when they came, the claim only got aborted bcos of the opportunity to apply for Pr under the pathway. If ur refugee claim was refused up to H&C u should be free to travel, that’s why they didn’t ask u to withdraw any claim b4 granting the Pr pathway
It makes sense, it shows that every individual case is different. Thanks

Reactions: Blac Kelly..

Teeluv

Jul 2, 2021
Hello everyone, I'm not saying nobody should travel to their home country but before you do pls check the category on your pr card. If it shows anything like PB or PD1 plsdo not travel to your home country directly. PD1 means members of post determination refugees claimant. Any officer you meet at the point of entry back to Canada will sees you as a refugee claimants due to the category of your PR and will treat you as one. I have friend who have gotten their pr card through this Pathway and the category on it state PD1. We can all google the meaning. Pls let us be careful