+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pathway to permanent residency recognizes exceptional service of asylum claimants on front lines of COVID-19 pandemic

Khejjy

Mar 16, 2021
Good day everyone, Please to those who received their COPR recently, please roughly how long is the waiting period between Medicals and COPR. Thanks.

Lolly smiles

Nov 17, 2020
Good day everyone, Please to those who received their COPR recently, please roughly how long is the waiting period between Medicals and COPR. Thanks.
It depends, I did my medicals in February and received my CORP in July. But it all depends people' s timeliness is different

Reactions: Khejjy

Samuel1122

Star Member
Aug 9, 2020
Hi Everyone I am new on this forum. My timelines bellow
We received Your App Jan29th
We Start processing May7th
My question is, can I get AIP with the first 120Hours?

Orahman

Star Member
Jan 28, 2021
Does anyone know how long it takes for IRCC to complete security and background check. My application went in process since march, still no AIP. I have called them many times, they keep telling me same things about background check is still ongoing and eligibility hasn't started yet.
Is it because of the minister's planned intervention in my refugee claim because of the exclusion order?.

I received a letter in may from refugee board that my claim has been put on hold by the request from IRCC.

Am freaking out here.

Khejjy

Mar 16, 2021
Does anyone know how long it takes for IRCC to complete security and background check. My application went in process since march, still no AIP. I have called them many times, they keep telling me same things about background check is still ongoing and eligibility hasn't started yet.
Is it because of the minister's planned intervention in my refugee claim because of the exclusion order?.

I received a letter in may from refugee board that my claim has been put on hold by the request from IRCC.

Am freaking out here.
I don't think anyone has a specific timeline of how IRCC does their thing, it depends on the Officer handling each file and that's why we have varying timelines, I also don't think our stage of refugee claim has anything to do with this Pathway.
I understand how you feel, Infact if I were in your shoes, I might not be sleeping good, I think you just have to continue to have Patience, not easy though but I just wish you should.
I personally watch out for your post to hear your good news, and I hope you will get the good news before this month ends. Please stay strong.

Khadis40

Star Member
May 30, 2021

Am freaking out here.
I think it just depends on who is handling your application. I summited my application in March and in June I was ask to do my medical. Is just who that is handling it.

Orahman

Star Member
Jan 28, 2021
I don't think anyone has a specific timeline of how IRCC does their thing, it depends on the Officer handling each file and that's why we have varying timelines, I also don't think our stage of refugee claim has anything to do with this Pathway.
I understand how you feel, Infact if I were in your shoes, I might not be sleeping good, I think you just have to continue to have Patience, not easy though but I just wish you should.
I personally watch out for your post to hear your good news, and I hope you will get the good news before this month ends. Please stay strong.
Thank you. Has the delay got to do with the planed minister's intervention on the exclusion order?

Khejjy

Mar 16, 2021
Thank you. Has the delay got to do with the planed minister's intervention on the exclusion order?
I don't think so, your refugee claim is entirely different from this pathway and you have already received a mail that your claim is put on hold, as long as all requirements for this pathway is met, your complete hours, the right job code, the necessary documents, am sure you will get a Positive response soonest

N3ca

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020

Am freaking out here.
You are not alone, keep your hopes up.
I don’t know why some officers sleep on applications while others are fast.
I am still waiting for my AIP since I received AOR in May
My sister-in-law who got AOR in June got her AIP on July 15th.
When I call they still say they are doing background checks.
All hope is not lost we will all rejoice soon
At least the pathway is ending august so they should be finalizing all apps on hold

Reactions: Tite2020